Sign in to follow this  
Spozzi

How to get the mission complete checkbox in menus to turn green

Hi guys, I'm a first time poster and I have a dilemma I have created several missions that are complete and run fine, but when ever I complete them and go back to the scenarios menu the check box next to the mission is still empty!!, now I have been to the BI wiki and apparently it's something I have to put in the description.ext that deal's with "keys".

Now because I'm still only an amateur I'm confused: have no idea how to actually implement this I just don't understand it. could someone please explain the syntax needed to make this work ???. any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Hi guys, I'm a first time poster and I have a dilemma I have created several missions that are complete and run fine, but when ever I complete them and go back to the scenarios menu the check box next to the mission is still empty!!, now I have been to the BI wiki and apparently it's something I have to put in the description.ext that deal's with "keys".

Now because I'm still only an amateur I'm confused: have no idea how to actually implement this I just don't understand it. could someone please explain the syntax needed to make this work ???. any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Keys

States pretty clearly on what you have to do and create inside the mission folder.

Follow the steps in

To create a green mark tick two operations are needed

if you have problems report back and we will do it step for step if you want to.

Hey thanks for the link mate, but i still cant figure it out, could you show me exactly what to type in the description.ext and outro.sqf (BTW this is the first time i've even heard of an outro.sqf). thanks again.

Alrighty the guy who wrote it in the community side made it a bit complicated.

So there are just 2 files that you need to get the green mark thingy.

1. description.ext

2. a script file activating the key (( the guy on the community side randomly called it outro.sqs ))

To part 1

you could make a description.ext and put the following line into it

doneKeys[] = {Mission04Key,TotallyFailedKey4};

and then make a script file call it end.sqf that scriptfile has to be activated at the end of the mission so if you for instance had a place where the mission gets completed you just put a trigger there and in the on activation line you write something like

[this] exec "end.sqf";

your end.sqf should look like this

hint "Mission Completed";

activateKey "Mission04Key";

So basically what has to be done is 1. put the key into the ext and 2. activateKey in ANY script. This could be a end.sqf or just in one of your objective triggers or whatsoever.

Edited by Joshii

You my friend are a legend mate. I didn't think it would be that easy thanks for the help, its great to see people are willing to help, it keeps the community growing thanks a bunch.

You my friend are a legend mate. I didn't think it would be that easy thanks for the help, its great to see people are willing to help, it keeps the community growing thanks a bunch.

You're welcome.