Sign in to follow this  
sweep

PVP06 or COOP03 Special Forces Utes Russia vs USA ACE2

PVP06 or COOP03 Special Forces Utes Russia vs USA ACE2

pvputes.jpg

Details:

0420 mission start

Mission Summary:

The small island of Utes has fallen into political chaos. The United States and Russia have deployed Special Forces within the region. Two weeks ago Neo-Nationalists took control in an attempt to ransom off this mineral rich island to the highest bidder. Powerful armies now converge upon these thugs.

The prize : which rich nation comes out the savior and starts drilling for oil.

Tasks:

#1 Insertion

The early morning hours should provide for light resistance. Attempt stealth operations or expect to be hunted. RUSSIA - Rally point is marked in red. Once beached proceed with your team towards the rally point. Additional gear has already been brought ashore via operatives. USA - Rally point is marked in blue. Board your designated chopper (via waypoint) and insert with your team. Empty MH-6s also standy by.

#2 Avoid Detection

If either team is detected enemy forces throughout Utes will go on alert. If both teams are detected the effect increases.

#3 Locate Documents

Intelligence has uncovered an abnormal number of power generators throughout the island. HQ requires a closer inspection. Find documents revealing the Neo-Nationalists true intentions. As the entire island is under their control, any enterable building may have the documents sought. All possible locations are marked. Homes, Barns, Barracks, -- the documents could be anywhere, but some places more often then not. Beware that should your opposition find the documents first, they will be a step ahead towards claiming victory. Multiple sets of documents are likely, however only one is required. Any team member carrying documents will drop them upon death.

#4 Destroy Generators

The documents display a loosely bonded group of mercenaries and locals. Knocking the power out will probably quickly end this revolution. In order to deactivate the system knockout the mainframe. HQ has marked the three prime generators within the grid. Destroy them. Until your team locates a set of plans, blindly destroying all generators remains the only option, which isn't. HQ has deemed that operation unfeasible and inadvisable.

Victory Conditions:

Intended use: PVP or COOP. USA (3 slots) vs Russia (3 slots).

RUSSIA and USA: Recover documents in order locate the three main power generators and destroy them. The team which knocks out the power grid first will claim victory. If your team cannot find any documents : track the opposing team, eliminate them, recover documents from any dead player.

Features:

ACE Stamina ON

ACE Wound System ON

Bon's Touchbuddy

Bon's Advanced Artillery (Spetnaz w/rangefinder only)

Kronzky's UPS Script

Addons Required:

ACE2 (@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM)

Credits:

ACE2 Team

Bon for his cool art system & touchbuddy

Kronzky for his UPS script

Re-playability:

The documents can always be in different spots based on percentages.

All generator locations are random upon mission start.

All enemy patrols are random. Number of patrols, number of vehicles; there are many random variables throughout.

Re-playability should be fairly high.

It's welcome. I'll make any additions, fixes, or subtractions within my power.

Not part of a squad so I was not able to test this in multiplayer as much as I had hoped. Any errors please let me know. I've never actually played it 3v3 so I'm expecting some issues, but also expect it to be pretty darn fun.

JIP probably isn't perfect.

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10255

ALTERNATE REVIVE VERSION WITH NO AI TEAMMATES

Download Revive version:

Armaholic mirror:

- Special Forces Utes Russia vs USA -Revive (PvP-06 - Co-03) (@)

Required addons

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtras

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - SM

- Community Base addons

*added revive

*removed AI teammates

Edited by sweep

Added Armaholic mirror since they rock.

While it is 3v3 PVP, each Player does have an AI squad of 3 under their command.

USA starts on the carrier S of the Island with additional gear available. Each USA team member is assigned a chopper which already has their team inside. They join your squad once you hit the beach. If Players do not want AI under their command there are Little Birds towards the front of the carrier.

Best to land in the blue usa zone, or most likely you'll be detected.

Russia starts in boats North of the island off a destroyer. From there each Player has a squad of 3 with them in their boat. Hit the landing zone then move W towards the gear if you want different weapons, then proceed with the mission.

The only known issue right now is that you can't order your USA chopper to depart once inside of it, you need to order it to leave, then hop inside. (it will leave without or without you, so get in)

It is set to Side Spawn, so you can play it 1v1 with a friend and you each have 3 lives.

I have another version with Revive used, however I decided I really like ACE wound system and the ultra realism. Not a fan of spawning - just play like it's real life. But if people think it plays better with Revive or spawning I can change it.

We enjoyed the mission today! We only had 3 player total but 2 went Russian and the other American.

Great concept and didn't mind the ACE wound system, although it would be cool if you released both the ACE and the revive so people had their choice. :)

Love the arty script, it is very realisitc.

I would have changed the location of the ammo boxes so you could re-kit your AI on the Russian side, you can't where they are at because they will fall in the water or get stuck in the dock building, etc.

Question - What happens to the guy where your gear is at? He is there when you show up but then he disappears and leaves some kit behind?

Great mission though!

Edited by kMaN_(KYA)

thanks for the tips, I'll look into moving those gear boxes.

Not sure about that guy, he's supposed to be the Russian operative that dropped off the gear. But I have him set with disabled "Move", so not really sure where he could have run off to; definitely not intended. lol.

I'll throw the revive version back together and provide two versions.

I really wanted to make a Stealth type mission that required being totally careful with no needless death, so hopefully people are still careful even if they can get revived.

I'll throw the revive version back together and provide two versions. I really wanted to make a Stealth type mission that required being totally careful with no needless death, so hopefully people are still careful even if they can get revived.

It is really hard to sneak around the area. We tried shooting some of the lights out with the suppressed or silenced weapons and it still alerted! :)

Great mission though!

Hope to try this later with 6 people. Sounds good.

I don't think AI in Arma 2 care about light at all. They only seem to care about time of day.

I don't think AI in Arma 2 care about light at all. They only seem to care about time of day.

quite possible, but they do have problems at night with civ cars and grass.

Unless you give them a long look at you from close up, Blufor or Opfor in a civ car will go unnoticed by Independent at night even with the lights on.

Then lying down in any grass at night makes it nearly impossible for them to spot you.

Blufor has flashlights, I'm not quite sure if that attracts the AI or not.

Like I said, they do care about time of day, and they even care a little bit about grass. They just don't care about light, as in, if you use the exact same positions in the same time of day but throw up a couple of flares, the AI will detect you just as well/badly as without those flares. Or at least I couldn't notice a difference in the tests I made and would love to be proven otherwise.

With Zeus AI and ACE, at about 50m they still see eachother without any extra lights, so I moved them just a tad above that distance so that they don't see eachother. Then I fired flares up (with a setCaptive true on my unit that is firing the flares), and the AIs are still ignoring eachother:

89709612.jpg

If that isn't AI ignoring lightning, then I don't know what is.

Edited by galzohar

respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 3;
disabledAI = 0;
onLoadMission = "Revive Enabled";
OnLoadMissionTime = TRUE;
#include "bon_artillery\dialog\Common.hpp"
#include "bon_artillery\dialog\Artillery.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\define.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\rev_cam_dialog.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_2.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_3.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_4.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1c.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_2b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_3b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_4b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_2map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_3map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_4map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\OK_map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\dead_cam_dialog.hpp"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
titleParam2 = "Number of Revives:"; 
valuesParam2[] = {2000,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0};
defValueParam2 = 3; 
textsParam2[] = {"No Revive","10","9","8","7","6","5","4","3","2","1","0"};
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

class Header
{
gameType = Coop;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 6;
};
class CfgSounds {
[b]	#include "bon_artillery\cfgSounds.sqf"[/b]
};
class CfgMusic
{
tracks[]= { Track1,Track2,Track3,Track4 };
class Track1
{
name = "Track1";
sound[] = {\music\track1.ogg, db+1, 1.0};
titles[] = { }; };
class Track2
{

I'm sticking revive back on the mission for the other version, but I get an error from my description.ext that the bon art sounds conflict with revive and that the bolded line has already been defined. any ideas? I'd like to have both sounds active if possible. Last time I just went without the art sounds and that fixed it but that would be bush-league to release.

@galzohar : that kind of stinks. I think I'm going to pretend I never heard it. :)

Edited by sweep

It is really hard to sneak around the area. We tried shooting some of the lights out with the suppressed or silenced weapons and it still alerted! :)

Great mission though!

thanks a lot. Yes, if the documents aren't in the nearest town from the beach then going up towards the barracks will almost guarantee detection.

Right now detection by Independent is if they spot Russians or Americans. I'm working on where detection will have another factor involved, so that it's delayed and there is a chance to kill the enemy before they report your location. Not sure if I'll get it to work well enough though.

@kdjac - love to hear how it went. I'm working on the revive version which will probably be more suitable for 3v3 since right now it's for the only very hardcore - one life if you go 3v3.

Without revive I suppose it's best 1v1 or 2v2 or 2v1 or just going Coop with one team against the island.

@kdjac - love to hear how it went. I'm working on the revive version which will probably be more suitable for 3v3 since right now it's for the only very hardcore - one life if you go 3v3.

Without revive I suppose it's best 1v1 or 2v2 or 2v1 or just going Coop with one team against the island.

I couldnt resist the temptation of the Harrier :o Died and they played on for ages whilst i spectated.

very good mission altho would like to have no AI, they can do some stupid things the russian AI lost their guns in the sea and just ran around the place :confused:

I couldnt resist the temptation of the Harrier :o Died and they played on for ages whilst i spectated.

very good mission altho would like to have no AI, they can do some stupid things the russian AI lost their guns in the sea and just ran around the place :confused:

lol Harrier is for die-hards that want to be pilots. need to stay on the carrier until your team is in position with generator locations, and if they grabbed a laser marker it's the American's answer to the Russian art. or if there's 2 guys on USA, one dies and spawns on the carrier and then can bring in the Harrier instead of hoping on their chopper.

Weird about the Russian AI, really thought I had made that fool proof. Previously I had the boat landings automated which was awesome looking, but it was nearly impossible to get it perfect without them falling in the water every once in while.

I'm not sure how they'd get into the water?

Each Russian has a boat with their squad which the Player drives to the landing zone. Just pull the boat all the way on shore, then order disembarck, they should definitely be getting out on land. I keep my AI on Hold Fire at all times unless they are required, so they don't open up unexpectedly.

I will give this some thought though. The problem with no AI is that it then strictly becomes a Multiplayer mission, and couldn't really be played 1 v 1 since just two guys on a big island wouldn't make sense. Or if somebody played by themselves, which is what it is also made for.

The American side has the little birds that allow for no AI, I will try and come up with a solution for the Russians.

PVP06 or COOP03 Special Forces ACE2 Utes REVIVE

Features:

ACE Stamina ON

Norrin's Revive

Bon's Touchbuddy

Bon's Advanced Artillery (Spetnaz w/rangefinder only)

Kronzky's UPS Script

Addons Required:

ACE2 (@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM)

Credits:

ACE2 Team

Bon for his cool art system & touchbuddy

Kronzky for his UPS script

Norrin for his revive

Special thanks to galzohar & Bon for helping me out with code.

Download Revive version:

Armaholic mirror:

- Special Forces Utes Russia vs USA -Revive (PvP-06 - Co-03) (@)

Required addons

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtras

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - SM

- Community Base addons

or

Filefactory:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b14e0ag/n/PVP06_SpecialForcesACE2ReviveFinal.utes.rar

*added revive

*removed AI teammates

Edited by sweep

Updated previous post with the Final revive version. After some multi-player tests had a few glaring errors.

*Removed USA insertion action

*Removed AI pilot insertion

*Cleaned up

Now the USA must pilot themselves to the island in order to remove any AI factors.

All changes in previous two posts are only for the revive version.

First post still has the original non-revive version.

Edited by sweep

Have had a blast playing this! And thanks for removing the AI-controlled insertion (we tried it, but the pilot never landed with the helicopter, so we had to take the Little Birds anyway).

One bug in the revive version though, by the way, which I guess is because of Norrin Revive itself. When revived one loses all content of the rucksack, and any weapon that is 'on back' (in my case I lost my Saiga-12 that was my CQB weapon, and all spare ammo for that and my Dragunov).

Edited by Inkompetent

Have had a blast playing this! And thanks for removing the AI-controlled insertion (we tried it, but the pilot never landed with the helicopter, so we had to take the Little Birds anyway).

One bug in the revive version though, by the way, which I guess is because of Norrin Revive itself. When revived one loses all content of the rucksack, and any weapon that is 'on back' (in my case I lost my Saiga-12 that was my CQB weapon, and all spare ammo for that and my Dragunov).

happy to hear you enjoyed it.

I think I used a revive version that was all set for multi-player, but it's an older version and didn't have that issue fixed yet. I'll look into it and try and fix it.

Was sad to take away my AI landing on the beach :) - fun little things like the interior light changing, etc - but yes it was a mess with the revive version and wasn't going to work.

think these code snippets can be of help:

inko_store_layout = [weapons player, magazines player, items player];
inko_store_weaponOnBack = player getVariable "ACE_WeaponOnBack";
inko_store_ruckmags =  player getVariable "ACE_RuckMagContents";
inko_store_ruckweps = player getVariable "ACE_RuckWepContents";

if (!isNil "inko_store_layout") then
{
removeAllWeapons player;
removeAllItems player;
if (count inko_store_layout > 0) then
{
	_weapons = inko_store_layout select 0;