Sign in to follow this  
rfc

Cheat sheat for keyboard layout?

Hi,

is there a digital cheat sheetavailable for the default keyboard layout setting? Something nice for to browser or PDF to which I could quickly alt-tab during gameplay would be nice.

The in-game controls menu is not very usable to quickly find something when you're in a hurry :)

I tried with Google finding things here or somewhere else, but as soon as you have ArmA 2 and the word cheat connected, things are getting really bad ...

thanks

ps: omg, don't ask why this is in "Suggestion", was meant to be in "General" of course :/

Edited by rfc
wtf

If I recall correctly, a "cheat sheat" was included with ArmA 2, packaged with the game itself.

If I recall correctly, a "cheat sheat" was included with ArmA 2, packaged with the game itself.

i dont know if there's a standalone sheet but you have the keyboard layout in the manual.

In the manual after the game credits there is a quick start guide in your local language which

have a the KB layout called "the most important infantry controls".

I'm confused. In what way is this cheating?

The DVD copy comes with one thats where that image above was scanned from.

It's made of cardstock and folds so you can place in on your desk

and flip it around to whatever controls you need... Infrantry... Vehicles...etc

I'm confused. In what way is this cheating?

It's not being used in the literal term as meaning to cheat. In this particular instance it means a set of notes or quick reference. Gotta love the English, err I mean American language.

Nice, thanks very much! I don't have the manual, I'm still evaluating the demo version. But it looks like I gonna buy it ...

Thanks. I've already decided to buy it, unfortunately I was unsuccessful to find a (trustworthy) site to buy the English version which will ship to Austria.

I'm wondering ... will the German version have switchable locales? I just can't stand German translations ...

Edited by rfc

Thanks. I've already decided to buy it, unfortunately I was unsuccessful to find a (trustworthy) site to buy the English version which will ship to Austria.

I'm wondering ... will the German version have switchable locales? I just can't stand German translations ...

English version is €17 at

www.Amazon.de?

English version is €17 at

www.Amazon.de?

Yes, but for whatever reason it's not shipping to my location (Vienna, Austria). It's not Amazon directly but a merchant, could be a mistake, I don't know.

Anyway, I guess it's fair to contact the merchant ask him, what I did now. Can't wait for the response.

Edited by rfc

SNR , that's about as useless as the rest of the so called manual.

Appreciate you posting it but it doesn't show , for example , all the commands that fall UNDER the complex commands.

There is a PDF over on TG's forums somewhere. It's for ArmA1 but can be modified for ArmA2 with a wee bit of effort. (I loaded it into Adobe and changed it to suite my needs).

Just another frustrating example of a lack of any meaningful documentation is missing from this game.

Hi,

is there a digital cheat sheetavailable for the default keyboard layout setting? Something nice for to browser or PDF to which I could quickly alt-tab during gameplay would be nice.

The in-game controls menu is not very usable to quickly find something when you're in a hurry :)

I tried with Google finding things here or somewhere else, but as soon as you have ArmA 2 and the word cheat connected, things are getting really bad ...

thanks

ps: omg, don't ask why this is in "Suggestion", was meant to be in "General" of course :/

Print this out mate

armacontrols2vh3.jpg

@PogMoThoin: Excellent! I was looking for that myself! Ya, the other manuals just show the 'top layer' of the menu tree. I THOUGHT I saw a full listing of the sub-trees somewhere, but couldn't find it again. This radio commands part is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Now we need an app that will take your custom keys and turn them into a cheat sheet as well :D

Good resource PogMo. Image bookmarked, saved and printed.

Is there a vehicles version?

Edited by Tankbuster

I buy my games on Play.*** free delivery to France/€urope, never had any problems.

I also have a German version of the game, which has not as of yet been opened up to English, Although there are mods that take care of that to some degree.

Might help, might not.

What a great keyboard layout - thanks! By the way, is it the Arma1 version ?

Easiest way of buying the game is electronically (as download) from impulsedriven.com or Steam.com

-OP

Received my copy today, the controls are included in the manual but they're integrated, not separate. So the posted images are still the way to go, thanks :-)

What a great keyboard layout - thanks! By the way, is it the Arma1 version ?

Yes, it is the A1 version. I put it together for Tactical Gamer when I was first getting familiar with A1 in 2007. So, action key changes in A2 (for example "V" for stepover) are not reflected on this sheet.

Hey Loyalguard,

Thanks for that layout, it very useful

Is there much work or do you have any interest in making \ adapting it to a A2 version? If you have the template, hopefully it could be done easily.

It would be very much apprecaited by us noobs.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Frosty

Thanks mate,

I hope your relatives, girlfirend/ wife, etc leave you alone this weekend so you can help the community : )

Thanks

Frosty

Well, your wishes for me to have a distraction free weekend did not come to fruition, but, here is a first draft of an A2 version. Please let me know if there are any typos, errors, etc. Once confirmed clean. I will link to the .ppt file I used to make it in case people want to customize:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/1814/a2keylayout.png