Sign in to follow this  
Magnum0311

Arma2 is a pretty good game once you get it down.

Well I know a put a couple posts up about having Multiplayer Connectivity issues.

It was mostly due to me being unfamiliar with the game and mods and what needed to be done.

It was also due to most servers running the ACE mod, and no clear information on how to do it.

So I figured I will make this post to explain to new users on what needs to be done.

(This information should really be put somewhere major on the Arma2 website as well)

Ok, when you first download Arma2 you will try and play matches on servers, but you will get Session Lost or "You were kicked off the game" messages.

This is because you are running Vanilla Arma2 and nowdays it seems almost every server is running the ACE mod.

What you have to do, is download a program called Six Arma Updater.

Then download the ACE mod pack, all three of them.

Drag the ACE mod files into the Six Arma Updater GUI file on your desktop, it will eventually open a Six Arma Web Browser window after what looks like a Command Prompt window runs for a little bit.

Select the ACE mod, and Vanilla and hit Execute.

It will now begin a lengthy download and update process.

When that process is complete, you have to Right Click on your Arma2 Quick Launch Icon and select Properties.

Where it says Target, you have to paste this over what is there: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

That will make it so it loads the ACE mod every time you launch the game using that shortcut.

After that you are free to play Arma2 multiplayer on any servers running ACE, which most are.

It is a lot to do to play Multiplayer, but it is worth it.

I have been playing a few rounds tonight on the U.S Socom server, and on their TeamSpeak and it is a load of fun.

I really appreciate the massive scope of this game and the realism of it.

I am an ex marine corps infantryman myself, and I have already become addicted.

I have to give a thanks to all of the people who develop and mod this game.

Anyway see you guys out there!

Edited by Magnum0311

Please stay on topic, all but the first post here are offtopic and are deleted.

Hi,

I'm new to Arma 2 and although I really like the concept of the game I'm currently overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done to just start playing a MP game! I just can't connect to a single server and it really isn't obvious which mods are in place, etc.

Could you provide the links you used to download the ace mod pack? I googled it but I found a single file, you mention 3, what are those 3 files?

Thanks!

Well you dont really need ACE to play MP. Meny servers require it but most dont. In server name there usually is ACE or not. Look what says in mission name as well. Some missions require some maps that can be found on www.armaholic.com. There are nearly all mods and missions currently available for ArmA 1 and 2. Just browse the download section there. So i.e. some missions require map like sahrani then you need to download CAA1 mod.

By the way, there is search function on this forum. If you enter ACE2 in it you should get huge amout of hits.

Hi all

Part of the problem for new users is that ArmA is not limited to just CTF, DM and Coop, it is only limited by a players imagination.

There is manual explaining how MP in ArmA works here:

http://www.zeus-community.net/important/arma2_mp_guide.pdf

And in the ArmA Multiplayer section of this forum stickied at the top is this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79628

With links to manuals describing many of the major forms of game play in ArmA.

Kind Regards walker