omg

you have to finish this.

I've wanted to invade and utterly destroy england for so long

It's so close i can taste it

do this

do it for me

That's kinda cool !! :inlove:

bretagne-departements2-fr.jpg

Here a website you may want to look into.

Edited by dunedain

omg

you have to finish this.

I've wanted to invade and utterly destroy england for so long

It's so close i can taste it

do this

do it for me

Uhhh.... You know Brittanny is basically France right? :D

Brittany occupies a large peninsula in the north west of France, lying between the English Channel to the north and the Bay of Biscay to the south. Its land area is 34,023 km² (13,136 sq mi). The historical province of Brittany is divided into five departments: Finistère in the west, Côtes-d'Armor in the north, Ille-et-Vilaine in the north east, Loire-Atlantique in the south east and Morbihan in the south on the Bay of Biscay.

Uhhh.... You know Brittanny is basically France right? :D

and that landmass up north in the map?

True True. But the day the french invade England shall be the day Saddam regains power. We Will Fight you on the beaches! We will fight you in the skies! We will fight you in the countryside and in the streets!

And I'm only a texan willing to fight, with friends there. Imagine the people who actually live there!

Imagine the people who actually live there!

dont make me sick

the british will get their come-uppance, mark my words

The British will finally get to utilize their 5.45mm fries ammo and will batter any invader with fried Cod :p

dont make me sick

the british will get their come-uppance, mark my words

Angry old German WW2 vet i presume? :p

The British will finally get to utilize their 5.45mm fries ammo and will batter any invader with fried Cod :p

hahahahahahahahaha

Angry old German WW2 vet i presume? :p

As far as I know there isn't a drop of post-1862 "german" german in me. It baffles me, actually, that you would think germans might be the only people with a reason to want revenge on the british.

WOW ARE WE GOING OFFTOPIC

it was a joke you offtopic nazi.

lol

OT: Looks like we will be able to recreate Europe in its entirety.

[OfftopicBS]

Hmmm

Chinese?

Indian?

Vietnamese?

North Korean.

[/OfftopicBS]

OT: Looks like we will be able to recreate Europe in its entirety.

They havent ported arma2 to unix yet so we will have to install windows on the roadrunner. Then we can play the europe map. Maybe.

[OfftopicBS]

Hmmm

Chinese?

Indian?

Vietnamese?

North Korean.

[/OfftopicBS]

you forgot like, north africa, most of the middle east, bulgaria and a couple of other east euros, turkey, it goes on and on.

But, Australian.

and that landmass up north in the map?

That's Cornwall. Not really England. :D

in what density will you represent towns? it could get intense... unless you represent only its natural state, but that'd not make for a very interesting setting. also, will the final be 1:1? if so youre insane, but good luck to you!

Umm, no YOU were.

Anyway, nice Idea for a map :)

ill make sure i make graceful, concise, content-rich posts like this from here on

This looks promising!

A good choice of landscape! - Theres an interesting mix of terrain (and archaeology :D) on both sides of the channel!

No way this could be done 1:1 though! A 40x40km terrain would reduce you to about 1:5 at least - and take you about 2 years to build - even 20x20km will keep you busy for a loooong time...

For what it's worth - I've been slogging away on a 200x200km real world data terrain (20x20km in-game) - not far north from this map, and from that experience I'd suggest.....

20x20km max

Only attempt to depict about 1 settlement in 6 (or even 8 or 10). Also - remember the settlements "footprints" will be scaled too - so a "town" 1km across becomes a 12-building 100m diameter "village" - and a "village" becomes 3 token houses on a crossroads...

Keep most major and medium roads where they should be - improvise small feeder roads along realworld lines to suit your "villages"

Don't get overwhelmed! - it IS a realworld landscape - that means there's FAR more detail than you can ever hope to copy, unless you plan to spend more time making custom models than making the island - keep it generic...

Probably the best single piece of advice I've heard was just a comment by one of the Australia Island guys, when he said - "theres no way we can fit Australia into 40x40km - it's gonna be Theme Park Australia!"

Thats OK tho... everythings compressed range-wise in Arma2 anyway, or we'd be javelining each other from 15km and stuff. So don't be afraid to scale a bit... my Theme Park Scotland map target area has over 300 peaks above 1000m - in Real Life... in-game it has 300 peaks over 230m... anything higher starts to interfere with gameplay, and just looks too exaggerated...

In this instance, the English Channel... it's what? about 50-150 km wide across this area? We really don't need or want that for Arma2, even if it were possible - the opposite shore just viewable with binocs...just out of range of each others static ordnance, so you can mass your forces beyond visual range, except by risky air recon, and sooner or later, somewhere along the coast, you have to make the crossing! - 2-3 km or so??...

Anyway... that's my tuppence-worth... A GREAT choice of area with excellent cross-channel conflict mission potential... Realworld data is tricky - go 1:1 or anything like it and, while it may be detailed, you're limited to a relatively small area - it tends to look... uneventful... like Chernarus. If you go larger-scale then you need to simplify, and scale heights too, though perhaps a bit less than ground distances... 20x20km would be more than adequate for playability - and means we might see the finished terrain this year!

Good luck with this!!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

54136304.jpg

bigproj.jpg

I changed the scale, the size of the card in the game and it seems good

but I have to rework the curves and elevation

une video arrivera bientôt ;) a video will come soon

That's Cornwall. Not really England. :D

Ahem :rolleyes: Its Cornwall AND Devon :mad:

do not insult us janners by assuming we are all cornish farm lovers in the south west :p

ONTOPIC!

Looks great cannot wait for this :D

Devon... the neutral zone between Kernow and England, where the Weird People live... :D

Looks good, will make a good training map for us UK based units too.

it's not England island :( sorry but it's Brittany with a little part of the south of England for wwII battle like B-17 bombing ;)

newry.png

new relief :)

for exemple mission with b-17 bombers to try to destroy the sub-marine base on Lorient :)