Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Final release of CAA1

A job that needs as much as helping hands as possible!

This is the final and last release of CAA1.

For the record:

• CAA1 was a 1-man project.
  • The spent effort was easily hundreds of hours.
  • This project was solely for You and the community.
  • My interest is competitive PvP play.
    Personally I did not use CAA1 a single time.

• CAA1 did not get any support from Bohemia Interactive.
  • This job should have been done by a paid contractor
    in the fist place in my humble opinion.

It is sad that despite the lack of good ArmA II campaigns

and SP missions, apart from a few gems, virtually no one

is interested in playing great OFP and ArmA missions

and helping out to polish them.

There will be no more attempts to recruit, teach or support

people in this endeavor. The OAC project is history along with CAA1.

That said my sincere thanks to the following people for

their contribution, support and hard work for Your enjoyment:

• Herr AK for the ArmA I campaign conversion.
  • Mopar for, mostly yet unreleased, campaign OFP conversions.
  • stun for CWC campaign conversion released for ArmA I.
  • luemmel for testing and various support.
  • Raptor for designing the OAC page and banner.

• W0lle for his contributions.
  • andersson for his improvements.
  • HitmanFF for his overall support.
  • T_D for coding us various very useful tools.
  • mikero for his indispensable tools suite.
  • modEmMaik for his excellent efforts to port ArmA vehicles.
  • Yoma for his Addon Sync app - without it there would be no CAA1.
  • Sickboy for offering his build server and his every day support.
  • Dan and Tom providing the their excellent free hosting service at ArmA Creations.
  • the-f for spending hundreds of hours into ACEIP/OPFIP and his play-testing.

Thanks to you again!

A few thoughts before signing off:

It is astonishing how ungrateful, lazy and stupid so many people have become.

Without question you are a product of society and what power want you to become.

The almighty consumer without decency and personal responsibility.

It is saddening how many are unable to understand and reflect their own actions and behavior.

Unfortunately companies have outsourced support more and more complete to their customers.

Nowadays smaller game developer companies seem mostly unable to provide this kind of service.

With the more and more common highest levels of expectations to hobby developer work,

and at the same time unwillingness or even inability of new people to get into it or

to spend time for their hobby, I come more and more to the conclusion that this will

ultimately kill of community development in the long run.

Only a change in people's attitude, to compensate hobby developers by donating,

to take time to read the provided documentation and to familiarize with Your hobby,

might be elements to balance the situation somewhat. Time will tell.

Take care. kju closing the door.

Project details

Make sure to read, understand and agree to the license!

PS: Please desist from contacting me about CAA1 in some way.

Thank you kju for all your efforts and I can fully understand your reasons.

Nevertheless... a happy new year and thank you again for giving us our beloved places back in ArmA 2 :)

Xeno

Thank you kju for all your efforts and I can fully understand your reasons.

Nevertheless... a happy new year and thank you again for giving us our beloved places back in ArmA 2 :)

Xeno

Quoted, purely because it exactly mirrors my sentiments. Thank you kju.

Thanks for your hard work kju!

Your work is very much appreciated :)

My words exactly ;)

Many thanks for all your hard work kju. It is very much appreciated. Have a great 2010.

Understandable kju. I get stupid comments on my youTube comparing some mod from 2007 to the same mod today. I agree stupid useless people see to be louder than good people, main reason is they're losers with a childs mentality that want to feel better by talking shit to someone that they know can't knock them the ____ out. Would be nice if you can send a punch through the internet. Maybe in 3010? :D

Anyways, enough about the weak, I just like to say I'm addicted to putting a littlebird on the airfield and flying around Sahrani, remembering good fights from not too long ago. I thoroughly appreciate all your work and I personally know how frustrating it is to get anything done in such a dynamic situation so thanks so much for your time and effort man! I wish you the best in 2010! ;)

Jesus. I mean, awesome work and all, especially for a mostly one man project. But what's with the overwhelming amount of bitching in the post? It completely drags down... Well, everything! You can't expect people to want to use your stuff any more if you appear to talk about them in that way. I know I wouldn't. Since I know what this mod includes, I know to choose the opposite and use it, but others won't see it the same way for sure.

I hope you're talking about specific people without mentioning names, and not the whole community in general. If it's the latter, then no, I won't use it out of sheer principles.

Man alive...

Well indeed sad news, but everything that has a beginning must end sometime. It's just sad that you had to finish it with this bad taste in the mouth. Strangely, I cannot imagine having ArmA 2 without CAA islands nowadays. Anyway thank you for your work, and wish you a happy new year.

You are truely are one of a kind, Q. Many thanks for your efforts over the years. I sure miss the good old days. So many left and lost; so little gained.

Thanks Kju for your many hours of work in this project and all who helped.

Wish you all the best in 2010

Please let me say some words, good and bad (?) ones:

1. Thank you, Kju, for creating CAA1! It made a dream come true for me. Not having Sahrani & Co. in ArmA II is not an option anymore.

2. I have never understand why you put me in the state of a tester. I've never seen this as a compliment. I'm no modder, I can't help anyone, I'm just a simple ArmA user, I can't take any responsebility for this mod.

3. Don't take it offensive, but I think you made three major mistakes from my point of view:

- Creating CAA1 on your own - you should have assembled a really skilled modding team to help you

- Using Yoma tools ... it might help you but it definately didn't help spreading the mod. There're lots of users including myself who don't like using such tools.

- You're working on too many different projects. Where have I read your name? CAA1, OAC, Chernarus land textures, OPFIP ... huge projects, all of them great. But you're ruining yourself. Focus on 1 or 2 projects. Otherwise you'll suffer from burnout really soon :(

I'm eager to see new mods from you in the future. They're all very good. And I hope CAA1 is still being supported in the future.

Understandable kju. I get stupid comments on my youTube comparing some mod from 2007 to the same mod today. I agree stupid useless people see to be louder than good people, main reason is they're losers with a childs mentality that want to feel better by talking shit to someone that they know can't knock them the ____ out. Would be nice if you can send a punch through the internet. Maybe in 3010? :D

Anyways, enough about the weak, I just like to say I'm addicted to putting a littlebird on the airfield and flying around Sahrani, remembering good fights from not too long ago. I thoroughly appreciate all your work and I personally know how frustrating it is to get anything done in such a dynamic situation so thanks so much for your time and effort man! I wish you the best in 2010! ;)

his main reason is because he didn't get support from bis(his frustration with consumerism is reflected in his citing of "bread and circuses" method of social control used by corporations and governments) and the fact that people were being flatterers, just waiting for the next thing to come out.

i love how you made this issue about people YOU dislike. this is a much bigger issue than some kids talking trash on youtube.

Thank you Kju for your struggles to publish great things in this community. I have been using this module since "day 1" and always use it. It is a shining star in my book, and because of that I want to thank you for your work.

Its a sad day. I REALLY appreciate your work and efforts. If i had 10% of your modding knowledge i would try something, but I know how to build houses instead. Every man has his trade(speciality) and it must be exercised. You will apply yourself the same with whatever is next.

thanks

This project has undoubtedly changed ARMA II. Without it even me as a relatively new user to ARMA II would be lost. I've been working to learn a few days converting some user missions form ARMA and have learned a lot. Without what you do this would not be possible.

Yes BIS should have stood behind you, just like BIS should haved fixed the 8 gigs of ram issue with their game far before this most recent patch.

Without this community where would BIS be?

If nobody was doing missions, mods, addons would BIS be successful? No they would have failed long ago.

It is people like you, and other modders and content creators who keep BIS afloat and it is about time they take notice of your talent and support you in what you do.

So thank you for all your hard work, and I can hope you are able to spend more time enjoying the fruits of your labor instead of continuously supporting a sometimes ungrateful entity.

Probably one of the most important mods for transitioning players from ArmA to ArmAII where unfortunately BIS was left lagging in attraction many of us to "upgrade to something bigger and better".

In one keystroke (or a couple of GB ;) ) CAA1 filled a void and dramaticly expanded ArmAII.

Thanks heaps kju, and those who support the project.

Thanks for all the work you've done on CAA1 amongst other projects... i seem to bump into your name wherever i go exploring new things in this game. Allthough i dont know what specific reasons disapoint you, i hope you wont give up all together :)

Happy Newyear and may 2010 be even better than 2009 !