Sign in to follow this  
KCB

Editor added equipment and ammo loads

Using RTE its possible to add backpacks and extra ammo to soldiers. I am assuming this has real value and purpose and is not just aesthetics. That the unit can use that ammo and equipment added? I have noticed that once a unit is killed the pack and its ammo disappear and cannot be used by anyone still alive.

Is there a way that a player can exchange or take ammo from a living unit in a similar way to a dead body? Can units resupply each other is the question I guess? And could this be scripted? It seems such a basic part of live in the field in reality.

After all this time, with all these great mods and scripts, and my units still stand up in the middle of a fire fight to change a magazine? For crying out loud people…come on!!!

just needed to get that off my chest...

Hi, i didn't knew that the RTE (at least the v.3.4 or v.4.something that i've) had that feature, i though that it was an ACE's mod feature... i can't help you with there, sorry.

About the player side or the OPFOR AI resupplying 'emselves with the ammo or weapons from the deads or vehicles in the field... maybe the ACE mod or some other have that feature, i readed something about it someday, but i don't know why; the vanilla units don't do it for sure, there must be some script to make the unit out of ammo run to the nearest body and take it's magazines or in case that the nearest body don't have the same weapon (that uses the same ammo) then it takes his weapon, for example a US rifleman will take an NME's PKM; but as what i seen for do this was a script that had to be runned in the mission and you had to add the variables yourself... i gave up with it because im not a missions maker and much less a scripter.

As far as i know, the AI priorices to reload intead look for a solid cover and then reload; maybe some mod did changed this, but as far as i know the (default's) AI can and will reload under a nuclear cucumbers rain without even blink and much less think about it. Let's C ya

RTE in weapons mode, you can add weapons and equipment like backpacks you can then add extra ammo in the packs, im using ACE but that’s not an ACE thing its RTE?

ACE lets units take weapons off the dead, but it would be sweet, as well as realistic, if living units could pass ammo around then rifle men could pack extra mg ammo etc. that’s handy as, in my last post no one replied to, you run out of ammo real fast as units engage long distance on busts rather than single shot. So been able to pack and use extra ammo is a big deal.

Yes most the items involved are from the ACE mod, so I guess this is more of a question for the ACE crew.

Hi, as i'd said i don't knew about that feature of the I0n0's RTE that i've, i only used that cathegory to put some weapons and magazines in the ground and over some objects in various mission projects kinda like 'atrezzo' or atmospheric stuff; but's good to know it.

If my pot head memory don't betrays me... in the OFP Swedish Armed Forces mod they made units support others, one carry the tripod legs for the Carl Gustav, other the tube and other the cucumbers and they worked together, they also had magine gunner asistants, but i never had the chance to try 'em in MP, i only used 'em to take some pimp screenshots of all that sweirdos stuff because most of the coop missions required the damn FDF mod and that was something that i wont gonna install in my HD. Maybe in OFPEC.com they may have some script that could serve you to make X unit support Z unit if the X's unit ammo reachs a certain number of magazines... i don't know, but sure that they may have something usefull there, they've lots of good things for those who know how to use 'em. Let's C ya