Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Cause of not loading description.ext?

Ok, im getting to the point where arma II goes to the bin.

As you can read here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85098

I had some problems with this one mission. But not anymore. Its with everything.

I tried making a whole new mission, with to players in it in chernarus.

So all thats in there is "mission.sqm" and "description.ext"

And of course, a respawn_west marker.

respawn=3;

respawndelay=5;

disabledAI=1;

Packed it, tried it and guess what.. No Disabled AI, nor respawn. :S !!!!???

Is there anything which can cause not loading the description online? It loads when im hosting local mp. That same one .pbo

Something is really wrong, and i cant find any errors.

I tried making the description in different ways, and I've done tonnes of mp respawn missions, in fact to days earlier I made one, which works. I copypasted that description into both of the above missions and again, nothing from description gets loaded.. :confused:

I tried reinstalling Arma II, but this doenst help either. Arrgh...

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Maybe I can force it to read the description in the init? It seems as its loading init fine.

Be sure to delete packed .pbo mission. If you have two versions of mission: one editable/open and other packed to MPMISSIONS latter one takes priority when loading and it might be an old version. Thats the first thing you should check out.

You mean if theres allready a file at that name, in the mpmissions it should be deleted first, and not overwritten? I allways do that. Never overwrite, allways delete old, and save new.

Listen, its no matter what i do. Saving a whole new mission doesnt even help.

So all thats in there is "mission.sqm" and "description.ext"

And of course, a respawn_west marker.

respawn=3;

respawndelay=5;

disabledAI=1;

Is this all of your description.ext?

Does it really matter? Tried several options. My whole description is:

class Header

{

gameType=Coop;

minPlayers=1;

maxPlayers=12;

};

respawn=3;

respawndelay=5;

disabledAI=1;

RespawnDialog = false; // hide spawn countdown dialog

#include "Dialogs\Common\DialogColorConstants.hpp"

#include "Dialogs\DialogColorScheme.hpp"

#include "Dialogs\Common\DialogControlClasses.hpp"

#include "Dialogs\Respawn_Dialog.hpp"

TitleParam2 = "Time Of Day:";

ValuesParam2[]=

{

};

TextsParam2[]=

{

"Sunrise",

"Noon",

"Sunset",

"Midnight",

};

defValueParam2 = 12;

class CfgSounds

{

// List of sounds (.ogg files without the .ogg extension)

sounds[] = {track1, track2};

// Definition for each sound

class track1

{

name = "track1"; // Name for mission editor

sound[] = {\sounds\track1.ogg, 1, 1.0};

titles[] = { };

};

};

But to rule everything out, i tried only two players, a new mission, the shortened description and a respawn marker. And still no respawn or disabled ai. But worked perfectly on LAN MP.

Does it really matter?

No, of course it only matters when you want to actually solve your problem :rolleyes:

Tried to use the string rather than the number for the respawn type?

Yup. This has never happened to me before. :391:

I cannot find any errors in your description.ext. You also said it is working in MP when hosting locally, but not when running a dedicated server.

So we should probably stop examin your description.ext and take a look at your server files.

Redownload the server files just to eliminate the possibility these are broken. Then send us your server configuration. (However, I don't know a relation between the server configuration and the mission content, but as I said, the reason is certainly not the extension file).

Should mention that if the mission gets packed with PBOview, when loading it on online server it just pops back into mission selection. But when packed with arma it loads fine, exept mission every single thing in desc.ext..

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I cannot find any errors in your description.ext. You also said it is working in MP when hosting locally, but not when running a dedicated server.

So we should probably stop examin your description.ext and take a look at your server files.

Redownload the server files just to eliminate the possibility these are broken. Then send us your server configuration. (However, I don't know a relation between the server configuration and the mission content, but as I said, the reason is certainly not the extension file).

Yeah thats what im thinking now aswell. But when loading other maps i created earlyer this year, those maps load up as they should.

Server.cfg - right?

When uploading with IE, instead of firefox it worked. So it must have been some kind of transfer bug every single time.

So you mean IE was actually more useful over firefox for once :eek:

1 point to IE :p