Sign in to follow this  
=SF=Hyrax

First Aid Module broke still after 1.03

Tried Every config on the syncing to the group leaders. to syncing the modules together and to group leaders with no prevail.

Still cannot drag or give first aide to another player after you have respawned

Damn I was so happy that it worked finally. I think that syncing needs to be fixed cuz its the thing that works only on the time that mission is started than its gone can BiS finally make it so that syncing is remembered by the game whole time? And not only the first second the mission starts? That would solve the problem whit modules.

Thats becouse syncing works only in the first seconds when the mission is started. BiS only fixed the "immortal" bug but its syncing it self that needs fixing. When a unit is respawned it loses syncing to the module and it cannot be re-established. And that needs fixing.

Another bug has occured. After respawn, you seem to be in captive mode. No enemy is shooting at you anymore.

question , was the respawn done into same group where the First Aid Module were synced at squad leader ?

if not and respawned person ends in new group then You need to assign new first aid modules to that group squad leader

btw. we are aware of other bugs in the FAM, they are being worked on ...

yet feel free and report them e.g. into this thread maybe i missed some

Dwarden - Same group nothing changes. Synced to squad leader someone dies (dosent matter if its a SL or a member of the group) FirstAid dosent work and any member that died has captive mode on.

seems not to work, we need to take deeper look on the issue also :mad:

solution to the problem with respawn or groups (units) added after mission init (First Aid modulse sync/init is done on start)

You should init this for each Squad Leader of new group created after mission start:

this execVM "\ca\Modules\AIS\data\scripts\ISserverStartUsingLogic.sqf";
// this execVM "\ca\Modules\FA\data\scripts\FAserverStartUsingLogic.sqf"; 
//not needed run by AIS auto!
this execVM "\ca\Modules\BC\data\scripts\BCserverStartUsingLogic.sqf";

btw.

[] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers ("\ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\MPframework.sqf")));

is needed to run before the above

yet it is already running if there are some First Aid Modules initialized in mission (not needed in this case then)

Edited by Dwarden

Dwarden,

please don't forget that disabledAI also exists.

If you make a mission with disabledAI set to 1 (or disable AI in the lobby) then a synced slot may be empty if no one selected that slot!

(afair this is also a problem with other modules). The unit simply doesn't exist then (is nil !?!).

Xeno

Dwarden,

please don't forget that disabledAI also exists.

If you make a mission with disabledAI set to 1 (or disable AI in the lobby) then a synced slot may be empty if no one selected that slot!

(afair this is also a problem with other modules). The unit simply doesn't exist then (is nil !?!).

Xeno

like i said we are working on 'solution'

we are aware of other bugs in the FAM, they are being worked on ...

We? I wasn't aware you were working on BIS's modules Dwarden...

These aren't bugs, but feature requests for FAM:

A way to disable (in editor) a specific unit from being healed once unconscious.

In addition to above feature, allow said units to still be dragged/carried.

Also a way to (in editor) disable specifc units bleeding out when unconscious.

Dear all,

Some other noticed issues, at least happening in MP:

- Player wounded while being inside a vehicle = can't get out and can't get First Aid.

- Units performing First Aid sometimes get stuck in the animation, and the wounded never heals.

I have also experienced another serious locality problem in MP, and I wonder if it could be related to the FAM.

I recall some great mods for OFP ("Liberation 41-45" and "American Civil War"), which had the exact same problems that I will describe.

Those mods had many scripts that tampered with damage systems on units, bayonet usage and other things.

I have been hosting the "Harvest Red" campaign now for several sessions, and we have encountered a weird bug.

If the mission isn't started from the very beginning (meaning loading a saved game), you have some serious locality discrepancies, between the host server and the client:

- The client doesn't have the correct positions or stances of the units local to the server. He didn't see me even when I was standing right in front of him.

- Though being in the same vehicle (LAV in our case), the client doesn't see or hear when the hosting player fires the weapon system.

- Neither does he see the enemies I fire upon.

- Several times the client saw other units right next to our vehicle, but they didn't exist on my hosting machine.

- When firing upon those units the client saw them vanishing into thin air.

- When we got into firefights (according to the host), the client didn't experience it, he didn't see any enemies and didn't hear any shots.

All these issues occur after loading a saved game.

They sometimes get fixed by the client disconnecting and JIP, but not always.

This "bug" was not because of internet connection problems, it only happened after loading a saved game, and during ALL sessions.

If you know this isn't caused by the FAM I'm sorry for taking up your time, but since these are serious issues, maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Laggy

Laggy I had this bug in oine co-op mission I was playing whit friends. My friend was getting in to the UAZ whit SPG, he said that he cant sit on gunners seat but we all saw him! Than he get out of the UAZ but we still see him on the drivers seat now.

He said he is standing right in fornt of me but I saw him in that UAZ than he got in to the UAZ again only to be stuck and immortal. this was a co-op mission whit FAM and there was no respawn I heald him before and thats when that bug happend.

@ Garbol87

Are you saying a normal coop MP mission, and not hosted campaign?

If yes, did you load a suspended session (which is autosaved) when the bug happened, or was this all in one session, without interruption?

If all in one session, the healing might be the actual bug starter and trying to recall my own sessions, I think the bug always occurred after someone had been healed.

It also makes sense in relation to the bugs in the OFP mods I described earlier. Maybe the save is not part of the issue at all.

Hmmm... this needs to be investigated.

Something is definitely not right, and this bug is one of the most severe, I think.

I'm surprised that not many people have noticed or mentioned this issue.

Laggy

Edited by laggy

From Changelog 1.03

* New: First-Aid ability to stop healing

I have yet to find a way to interrupt this :confused:

Anyone else experienced the locality bug?

Any more observations that indicate that the FAM is the cause?

This is a major issue that needs attention.

Laggy

The immortality bug has been fixed with 1.3,the first aid module works but ive also found that once you respawn AI doesnt react.Ive just tested it without FAM - respawned - AI kicked my ass.

{_x setCaptive false} forEach units group player;

Works for the AI unresponsive problem.

Sorry if this is an old issue (I can't run ArmA 2 on my current computer to test it), but is the falling through building when providing first aid on a house fixed in 1.03?

Sorry if this is an old issue (I can't run ArmA 2 on my current computer to test it), but is the falling through building when providing first aid on a house fixed in 1.03?

No, not really, the person receiving the first aid will fall through. If you can run after being revived, then you can clip through the wall. If you can only crawl, you have to have someone use the drag command on you through the wall. Also, if you are set to respawn where you died, you will be put somewhere near the building on the ground. Another thing, you can't parachute onto a roof.

{_x setCaptive false} forEach units group player;

Works for the AI unresponsive problem.

What is the best way to use this? Do I just put a trigger on top of the respawn point? Are people putting this in an "killed" event handler script? I looked at some post-1.03 missions on armaholic and I can't find an example of how people are using this.