Sign in to follow this  
t3mp

bad serial number given in setup

1st problem!!!!!!!!!

download from: http://arma2.nexway.com/index2.html?Langue=it_IT&REF=671797

lang: ITA

patch: 1.02

I was practically playing in multiplayer when the PC crashes and restarts ...

I try to reboot to start but after Bohemia screen, tha game crash to desktop with this error "bad serial number given in setup" !!!!!!!!!

looking in the windows registrythere isn't the environment variable that contains the CD-key.

reinstalling the game everything go correctly. it's already the second time that reinstall the game... :(

how can I do? you will know nothing?

thanks in advance.

I've got the same problem.

Installed my copy 2 hours ago and was in the middle of the first mission in the campaign. I was playing around a bit with the time-acc and the game freezed.

Had to do a reset on my computer and when I tried to launch the game again the message "Bad serial given in setup" appeared right after the Bohemia Interactive screen.

(I've got the British version ordered from Amazon.co.uk)

another crash... another "Bad serial given in setup"... another install...

I created a new thread having not seen this one, but I have the same problem with my copy d/l from Direct2Drive.

First I'd suggest everyone posting their spec's to see if there's a link.

Second, after uninstalling, make sure the registry key "HKLM->Software->Bohemia Interactive Studio->ArmA 2" has been removed, if not, delete it manually then reinstall.

I have the same problem.

If i install and run the game, play for a while and then quit the game myself, there's no problem starting it again later.

But if i play the game and it crashes (blue screen of death) i get the "bad serial number given in setup" message.

So it would seem that the crash corrupts the game.

gfx card: GeForce GTX 260

game: bought retail (not downloaded)

lang: EU

patch: 1.02

I Finally got my copy of ArmA 2 in the mail today (Purchased from Game.co.uk) as it's not out for over another week in Australia.

I installed the game with the serial number supplied on the back of the manual. After a hours wait on installing I started the Single player campaign & rescued the hostages & blew up the coms, went back into the village where the graphics went all corrupted (tearing/flashing white) & the game froze up for about the third time, this time it did not CTD but a full restart of the computer was needed.

Went to launch the game (Disc in drive) for the fourth time, it went through the "tick boxes" and the BI logo came up then crashed back to desktop saying "Bad serial given in setup" or something along those lines.

I patched the game to the latest 1.02 before starting.

I can provide photo's of the box,disk & receipt & anything else to prove validity.

I am in the process of reinstalling in case any corruption happened in the game crash but I am worried that if it crashes again the same problem will occur.

*Update*

I have been playing for a few hours now & it has not crashed (yet). I restarted the computer a couple of times to see if it caused the "Bad serial given in setup" msg but it has not. I am thinking though that when a hard crash occurs it will cause some files to corrupt thus making the copy protection shit itself.

If this keeps happening & we get no response from the Dev's I'm sending the game back for a refund :(

i have same problem cant play the game... any help would be fantastic so this game isnt another WASTE of money:confused::confused::confused:

Same problem here.

Installed twice now. Works first time but if I exit the game and then re-launch it I get the 'Bad Serial Number given in set up' message.

HELP!!!!

Stuart

Goto your download (Nexway/D2D) files and look for Paul.dll. Copy that into your Arma 2 directory. There may be a couple of other files you'll need to, so if that doesn't work then search these troubleshooting forums for "paul.dll" and you should find what you need.

i have the same problem, any ideas?

i found the solution.here is registry file for my version as example.

Edited by Dwarden
not nice to do this here

i feel defeated i bought and played arma combined ops ,on my alienware m11x,

my two desktops 1(gts 450) 1(9800 gt) ,, all worked fine even played lan with a buddy a few times, i ordered a 480 gtx ,decided to buy arma x on steam which came with all series games , i get to installing OA (operation arrowhead) and it keeps telling me bad serial givin in setup i dont even get to imput cd key what the fuck ,i wish bothesda made arma ,, then i would have no concerns,but we all cant have what we want the fact that someone went to school to be a computer program designer , but that does not mean that he knows what he is doing ,so if anyone knows what might help me please hit me up ,,,vag out

gerbilkill@live.com

gerbilkill search for the steam threads with "bad serial number"

it is explained countless of times what you must do :)