Sign in to follow this  
wiper

English language mod for german version 1.02

For all of us who still are desperately waiting for an english language patch or mod for the german version ( like myself ) I have uploaded a german to english version:

< links removed > please download here

Unpack the content of the archive into your Arma2 game folder and add f.e. -mod=@English (for the German2English version) to the target line in the properties of your Arma2 desktop launch icon.

For the other versions add

-mod=@czen (czech to english)

-mod=@huen (hungarian to english)

-mod=@defr (gernam to french)

If you have already installed a mod just add the mod folders name seperated by a semicolon, f.e. adding the german to english language mod:

-mod=@MyMainMod;@english

It may happen that when using multiple mods the language mod refuses to kick in. In this case it should help to add the mod name at the END of the modlist.

I personally faced this problem a minute ago but changing the link target in the following way did the trick for me:

..\Arma2\arma2.exe -nosplash -mod=@AddOns;x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core;@English

Use at your own risk.

Have fun!

Edit: removed obsolete edits and added the link to the german2french version as it seems to be useful for quite a view folks

Edited by Wiper
removing obsolete link

Is there any difference with this language mod as opposed to the prior release?

when i use this mod i cannot use any other mod at same time like i did with vop 2.0 and some maps.

Is there any difference with this language mod as opposed to the prior release?

I dunno if there is another german->english mod release.

This one contains the actual 1.02 pbo's, just rebuilt with "deactivated" <german> tags and renamed <English> ones to <german>

So if there exists any previous language mod pre 1.02, this one is definatly another one

Could you provide this with the bi.bisign files? So people could properly use it in multiplayer?

when i use this mod i cannot use any other mod at same time like i did with vop 2.0 and some maps.

should not be a problem

multiple mods are activated by entering them separated by semicolon

f.e. -mod=mod1;mod2;mod3

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Could you provide this with the bi.bisign files? So people could properly use it in multiplayer?

Good point.

Sure why not, I'll do that and uplaod a new version as soon as I know how to create them.

Can you give me a hint or advice in this ?

Wait, you took those language files from your ArmA2, right? Got the UK release version? If you don't, you don't even need to read the rest of my post and I apologize for wasting your time :)

If yes, then you should have the signature files right in your ArmA2\AddOns and ArmA2\Dta folder.

Just copy the ones needed for the language files into the archive and upload those.

Should be these:

language.pbo.bi.bisign

languagemissions.pbo.bi.bisign

languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

Wait, you took those language files from your ArmA2, right? Got the UK release version? If you don't, you don't even need to read the rest of my post and I apologize for wasting your time :)

If yes, then you should have the signature files right in your ArmA2\AddOns and ArmA2\Dta folder.

Just copy the ones needed for the language files into the archive and upload those.

Should be these:

language.pbo.bi.bisign

languagemissions.pbo.bi.bisign

languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

never mind :-)

no i have the german version, but the stringtable.xml 's of the 1.02 pbo's contain all language informations and i simply switched the german tags to english ones.

Will pack the bisigns into the archive anyway and upload it again.

Thanks !

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Ok, have reuploaded the archive.

If you have online issues with the previous download, please download again using the link in the first post and overwrite your old install.

Thanks.

thx dood... great fix.... it appears though that the editor stuff is still in german though.

While thats not a problem for me, as i'm native german speaker, i'd still prefer english there too :/.

thx dood... great fix.... it appears though that the editor stuff is still in german though.

weired.

literally ALL in english here.

does it not look like this?

are you sure you have installed it correctly? do you have other mods active ?

Edited by Wiper

yea sorry.. that stuff is in english.

part of it is in german - the modules (F7), for example. When you place them, you gotta pick from a list of german things. No biggie, i guess.. as i can figure out what it means. It just irks me not having a full english language game :P.

np, thanks for putting me back on track, erazor !

I indeed have overseen that the modules have got their own subfolder inside the language.pbo.

Have converted this extra stringtable right now, so the modules are in english now too.

Please redownload, there's a full english version now waiting for you, i guess ;)

Thanks, I'm waiting for my English version to drop through the post.

So I thankyou before I forget :)

Can't somebody just upload English version original pbos?

Can't somebody just upload English version original pbos?

Why..... this is the same exact thing. Just two words were swapped in the stringtable. Much cleaner than the other one that was floating around. Im pretty sure in the future we will be able to change languages via options menu.

When I first got ArmA2 I was trying to convert to english but the new stringtable format wouldnt save right in excel. Opening it in notepad was a mess.

@Wiper What did you use to open and save the strings?

Why..... this is the same exact thing. Just two words were swapped in the stringtable. Much cleaner than the other one that was floating around. Im pretty sure in the future we will be able to change languages via options menu.

When I first got ArmA2 I was trying to convert to english but the new stringtable format wouldnt save right in excel. Opening it in notepad was a mess.

Because the original pbos are accepted in all servers by default. The ones provided here are altered which means the servers have to allow them.

notepad++ v5.0

Because the original pbos are accepted in all servers by default. The ones provided here are altered which means the servers have to allow them.

If you run them as a mod and have them signed you should not have any problems....

If you run them as a mod and have them signed you should not have any problems....

Um, the servers must have the server key to allow it. How many servers do you think has your server key right now?

just curious. were the language pbo files updated in the 1.02 patch?

i noticed the file dates for these files were updated after the 1.02 patch. but not sure if there was any modification done to it

just curious. were the language pbo files updated in the 1.02 patch?

i noticed the file dates for these files were updated after the 1.02 patch. but not sure if there was any modification done to it

The pbo's essentially ARE the ones from 1.02. They are 4-6 times bigger in size compared with those of v1.01 as they now contain all localized/laguages stuff.

The different dates are probably created by recompressing them back into pbo's after changing the language tags.

I just uploaded the archive a third and hopefully last time.

This one should be a really clean one that essentially swaps all German with English tags - without ANY oversights ;)

Please redownload and overwrite your old one.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Replaced the actual link now pointing to a signed version of the pbo's.

Old link still active to avoid confusements and/or as backup in case something goes wrong with the signatures.

Please report in case of issues. I'm running out of time and resources testing MP environment too, so every hint/suggestion or constructive criticism is much appreciated. :)

Thanks.