Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - D-Day v1.0 released

I44_Logo_D-Day.png

The Day of Days has arrived. Grab your gear and prepare to hit the beach!

The Invasion 1944 team is pleased to release it's D-Day project.

Things included in this release:

• Mini-campaign (by Joffre257)
  • Custom music (composed by SFG)
  • Ambient Environment to increase the feeling of total war (by I44_John).
  • Ballistics coding based on extensive research and calculations (by Canuckausiuka).
  • US Army
  • US Rangers
  • Heer
  • Waffen SS
  • 15+ weapons, many of which are new or extensively reworked.
  • 10 Allied vehicles including tanks, recon vehicles, troop carriers and landing craft.
  • 20+ German vehicles including tanks, recon vehicles and troop carriers.

If it isn't on the list, it's not included, i.e. there is only one usable aircraft (the P-51).

Installation:

Use the installer. The modfolder is named @I44, and will be created by this installer. You do not need to add it to the installation path. I.e.: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA.

There will always be bugs. If you find any, or just want to give us some feedback, please visit [our forums].

Information on how to use content from this release in your own ArmA1 addon/mod is included in the install folder in "DOCUMENTS". Ask for permission first, it doesn't hurt at all ;)

P.S. We hope you enjoy the release, as much as we enjoyed making it :)

P.P.S We have already informed a newsposter, he is taking care of it.

Download:

Armedassault.info

[Mirror courtesy of Blackdog]

[Mirror 1 courtesy of Armaholic]

[Mirror 2 courtesy of Armaholic]

[Mirror courtesy of Filefront]

I44_21052009_3s.jpg

There aren't going to be any new additions made in patch(es). The patch(es) will only contain fixes to problems. I've seen people posting their wishlists, and would like to say: Save yourselves the effort, they won't be looked at, and certainly not considered. Adding new content with the "global" release of ArmA2 so near is not worth the effort.

Known issues:

While making the installer, we made a mistake. We accidentally made a second Addons folder inside the first Addonsfolder (@I44/Addons/Addons instead of @I44/Addons as it should have been). To solve this problem, do the following:

- Rename the first ADDONS folder (@I44/Addons) to something like ADDXXXX

- Grab the 2nd ADDONS folder (@I44/Addons/Addons) inside the first and Drag-Drop it up into the main @I44 directory

- Done

If you've lost the files completely, the default install folder is C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/@I44, and you should find it there. Just drag the @I44 folder over to your root ArmA folder on E:, and follow the instructions above.

---------------------------------------------------

Performance can be low in the first mission if you take too long to complete the mission. We are looking into ways to reduce this.

The respawn and injury scripts cause some problems with prolonged gameplay, respawns and savegames.

The omahapbo and campaignpbo (campaign files) are older versions using the wrong sounds, the newest versions will be released in the first patch. It should still be playable.

We're trying to solve all of these issues except for the installer one (which would require a re-release).

Edited by JdB

Thankyou sooo much!

I love the WWII stuff, so good on you guys much appreciated :)

Gonna go try it right now ;)

hello i44 nice work :) .... I have a question: I created a mission MP whit respawn but when I die and then respawn without weapons, how can I do?

you can help me?

ok ty ( sry for my english) bye:p

I have a question: I created a mission MP whit respawn but when I die and then respawn without weapons, how can I do?

you can help me?

The respawn and injury scripts cause some problems with prolonged gameplay, respawns and savegames. We're looking into it.

@i44_jhon

thanks for the reply ... ok I am waiting for news :) bye

Thanks for all. Very great and top quality WW2 Mod with so many stuff inclulded.

And it seems the Mod can't be compatible with other Mods just like ACE does? When I tried to launch it with 31St WW2 Mod the units from 31st couldn't be found. In addtion, the AI effects are very similar to that of ACE and cause few fire exchange for AIs than that in other Mods. The recoils of automatic guns seem a little large for me and almost couldn't shoot anything after two or three rounds fired in game. Is it possible to lower a little for such recoiling effects?

I would like to thank whole I44 team. Very well done, although mod is still much work. I look forward to more:) regards - Yac

Yac, maybe you could combine your US paratroops into their future Mod release...

Awesome mod guys! Top work.

Hoping an ArmA2 port will eventually be on the cards .... and not before I get my copy :)

And it seems the Mod can't be compatible with other Mods just like ACE does? When I tried to launch it with 31St WW2 Mod the units from 31st couldn't be found.

Quoting our [Frequently Asked Questions]:

Q. Will the Invasion 1944 mod be able to run alongside other total conversions (mods)?

A. No, due to the nature of total conversions (mods) having their own config, and since only one config can be running at any one time, it can not.

I really like this, but one question. Does the person who designed the campaign own a high end Core i7? This mod usually runs fine but in the campaign my FPS tends to fall into single digits. (When i pause the game my FPS goes up again, so its CPU related)

I lagged my way trough the first mission (Which was completely unplayable), then the mission after that was very laggy as well so i just decided to give up on it.

Edited by NeMeSiS

i second nemesis, tried to play the first mission and when reaching the seawall it was just a screenshot gallery for me:)

my systems rig: amd x2 6000, 2gig ram , ati hd 4870

guess the cpu is limiting here alot but i wonder who can play this part of the campaign with fps beyond 15 :)

Can you do a replacement addon.

Can you sign your release.

can you create a "WeaponBox".

So that we can have the "Domination" running if we decide to have a dedi server for I44 ?

thnx

Thank you Inv1944 Team for an excellent pack. The addons in there are truly works of art. However, the problem is that they are so incredibly detailed (aside from a few units ike the flamethrowers and stuff that was incomplete like the Hurricane) that it destroys frame rates on anything but a high-end computer if someone wants a mission with large amounts of infantry. I assume that all the textures are high resolution? I imagine that is probably what is causing most of the frame rate issues but I may be entirely wrong.

Still...with small numbers of units, I'm having fun with the mod. I hope you continue to develop it as the maps and mod has enormous development potential.

I would recommend concentrating less on trying to make them look photorealistic with ultra high-res textures...and concentrate more on converting your excellent addons from OFP and just updating them a bit with merged textures, rvmats, extra gun positions, etc... I assume however that the next update will be for ArmA2? Either way its all good and I wish your mod well as its always been one of my favorite mods in OFP and now in ArmA. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I assume that all the textures are high resolution? I imagine that is probably what is causing most of the frame rate issues but I may be entirely wrong.

I would recommend concentrating less on trying to make them look photorealistic with ultra high-res textures...and concentrate more on converting your excellent addons from OFP and just updating them a bit with merged textures, rvmats, extra gun positions, etc... I assume however that the next update will be for ArmA2?

The ArmA engine uses mipmapping to reduce the size of the textures at greater distances, so that shouldn't be a problem (might depend on your settings).

Converting our addons from OFP would mean going back to British units, which we've chosen not to. A lot of the tanks and other vehicles are imports from OFP that have had their textures merged, and in some cases rescaled (made smaller).

As every texture = one section, and the more sections you have, the more inefficient it is, we have tried to limit the textures on all items to a maximum of two (one for non-transparent bits, and one for the transparent bits). This combined with the mipmapping should not cause anyone (bar those running with every setting maxed out perhaps) to have a bad framerate. We looked at preventing drops in performance extensively. Prior to the version that was released, performance was good for everyone, even on the heavy first mission of the campaign. Only the released version was binarized. The binarizing took us some time (problems), and has introduced some bugs that didn't exist prior to this version. Maybe it is also partially to blame for the performance issues.

Before anyone asks, no we're not going to release a non-binarized (unprotected) version :p

While I'm also finding the early campaign missions nearly unplayable because of all of the action, everything else is great. The sounds are nice, but the MG42 in particular sounds great. That is something that definitely makes you sit up and take notice when you hear it down field.

Nice work.

Thanks for the reply John. Ok yeah it sounds like you guys really did alot of work to make the performance good. Hopefully whatever is causing problems can be narrowed down and fixed because I LOVE huge missions and was really enjoying your campaign's first mission until the frame rates just got to bad. Give it some time and I'm sure the issues will be worked out. Until then I'm enjoying making small missions with the addons like simulating ambushes or prisoner rescues.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey John,

i spoke with you through armaholic pm.

I wanted to provide my feedback of the game for some of the things i saw, as you know I am in a WW2 Historical Realism unit known as Großdeutschland for Arma and soon we'll be going to Arma2.

I play tested quite a few things and here is some of the things id like to point out:

* Flak 20mm traverse seems to slow to catch up with a moving plane

* the casemate or bunkers for the pak40/88/mg the Ai cant seem to get out of them, most can but 1 or 2 seem to have trouble, i found one of the ai died tryign to get out

* the impact of ap shell sounds from tanks sound like your grenade explosions, they should sound like a metal impact of some sort

* infantry grenades are weak, they dont really do much other than create a smoke plume

* the panzershreck iron sites are not visible it has some white screen on it, u cant see what your shooting at

* Panzershreck was a 2 man operation

* panzer 2 doesn't have any treads on the tracks, its smooth

* the p51s have no instrument panel

* cupola dont turn with the traverse of the turrent when you are sitting out

* panther's driver's hatch moves with the traverse of the turrent

* the grenade rounds from a german grenadier lands short, seems like you have to aim real high to make the thing shoot far

* mg tracers for the tanks seem to big, and the range at which they hit seem to short

* sprocket is missing on the back right track of the panzer 4 g skirt

* the recoil of the k98 is to big same as the m1 grand, id say half of the recoil seems about right

* movement for up and down for the mg42/34 is really to slow it moves on its own when u move it up or down, it should only move when u move, really should move at all considering you have a stand

(should make it so that when you go prone that the mg stand is solid, and u can only traverse so far, their will be little recoil)

definately need a reload animation that for the mg 42 and 34 as default arma was never changed for the mgs

* For the mg34 the rear sites are incorrect, the front site is to big and the rear site should come up wih the front site in front of it

* also for the 34 there was a single shot feature, if that could be implemented that would make it more realistic.

the sound of the 34 on the tanks and for inf seem to loud as well

* panzer4 g right hatch on turrent moves when the tank hull moves left or right

* tracks on the kettenrad dont move when u go forward or revsers

* for the k98 instead of having an automatic rebolting after each shot you could simulate it so that you cannot shoot til you rebolt, and rebolt would be maunal. for example, I play Red orchestra, and teh k98 after u fire a shot, u have to rebolt, and the rebolt is setup for teh same button you would use to pull the trigger. Just a thought

* mp40, the mp40 recoil should kick backword, not upward

hope this helps

In my unit there are a few guys that know their history and details very well, more than me, any questions let me know, ill try to help best i can, but i think you guys did real good overall.

@ miles

The cause of the slowdown in the initial mission I am sure is a script or

something causing a memory leak.We're looking into it.It could also be

down to a funky shadowlod.

@Gunter

thanks for that really great report...

we know of a few of these and are fixing up a patch asap.

most of them are unfortunately due to binarization bugs :(

especially small things like hatches moving with turret and

missing sprockets.

animations will always be a problem,unless an expert in this field

comes forth for the community as a whole,and I dont think this

has happened since OFP.

ArmA2 is much more superior to ArmA,in every aspect,so hopefully

this will generate new fans and modders to pitch in.

Edited by jojimbo

ArmA2 is much more superior to ArmA,in every aspect,so hopefully

this will generate new fans and modders to pitch in.

YES!

Animated weapons! Animated characters! AI that does more than be in the way! Improved graphics and completely new sound engine, it's better and makes arma look bad even in it's current shape.

Yeah, seems animations got some problem. AI always linger around in the same place and even could be shot down not very difficult with current strong recoil weapon. Maybe a kind of gameing balance otherwise you could even not shoot anyone with slow moving and strong recoiling weapon.

Hey John,

i spoke with you through armaholic pm.

I wanted to provide my feedback of the game for some of the things i saw, as you know I am in a WW2 Historical Realism unit known as Großdeutschland for Arma and soon we'll be going to Arma2.

Thanks for taking the time to write up your findings. I'll try to address them all briefly.

* Flak 20mm traverse seems to slow to catch up with a moving plane

Will be fixed in the patch. We had originally planned to replace the current version with a new one, but due to personal circumstances, it didn't make the release. Not sure if it will be released later on. This is as far as I can recall the only visually "new" thing that would stand a chance of being added in any patch.

* the casemate or bunkers for the pak40/88/mg the Ai cant seem to get out of them, most can but 1 or 2 seem to have trouble, i found one of the ai died tryign to get out

We've had quite a bit of (lod related) problems with the casemates ever since they were put in, especially when heavy weapons were placed in them. We have tried to get them to work right on quite a number of occasions. Still doesn't seem to work well enough.

* the impact of ap shell sounds from tanks sound like your grenade explosions, they should sound like a metal impact of some sort

I don't know if ArmA can make the distinction for different types of shells. We'll look into it.

* infantry grenades are weak, they dont really do much other than create a smoke plume

We'll look into it.

* the panzershreck iron sites are not visible it has some white screen on it, u cant see what your shooting at

Probably due to binarizing, it was working prior to this version.

* Panzershreck was a 2 man operation

You mean there is no ammunition carrier in the group?

* panzer 2 doesn't have any treads on the tracks, its smooth

I don't know if this will be fixed.

* the p51s have no instrument panel

Would have taken too long to do. Any aircraft that is included is for ambiance purposes, some more than others.

* cupola dont turn with the traverse of the turret when you are sitting out, panther's driver's hatch moves with the traverse of the turret, panzer4 g right hatch on turret moves when the tank hull moves left or right, tracks on the kettenrad dont move when u go forward or reverse & sprocket is missing on the back right track of the panzer 4 g skirt

Binarizing issues.

* the grenade rounds from a german grenadier lands short, seems like you have to aim real high to make the thing shoot far

I'd imagine they don't have all that much range in real life. The grenade round is more of an extra, since it doesn't work right (unlike OFP, ArmA doesn't have rifle grenades, so we had to base it on the M203 which is not ideal)

* mg tracers for the tanks seem to big, and the range at which they hit seem to short

We'll look into it.

* the recoil of the k98 is to big same as the m1 grand, id say half of the recoil seems about right

I've never shot either of them in real life, so I can't comment on that.

* movement for up and down for the mg42/34 is really to slow it moves on its own when u move it up or down, it should only move when u move, really should move at all considering you have a stand

(should make it so that when you go prone that the mg stand is solid, and u can only traverse so far, their will be little recoil)

More mods use that effect to not make the machine guns superweapons.

definately need a reload animation that for the mg 42 and 34 as default arma was never changed for the mgs

We have no animator, and default ArmA1 doesn't have this either as you said (luckily ArmA2 does). Would take too long to put in for ArmA1.

* for the k98 instead of having an automatic rebolting after each shot you could simulate it so that you cannot shoot til you rebolt, and rebolt would be maunal. for example, I play Red orchestra, and teh k98 after u fire a shot, u have to rebolt, and the rebolt is setup for teh same button you would use to pull the trigger. Just a thought

The only option that I (not being a coder) can think of to solve that is having single shot magazines, which would the ammunition supply rather small. ArmA's engine is not as flexible modding wise in that regard as the Half Life 2 engine.

* mp40, the mp40 recoil should kick backword, not upward

Like I wrote on some other site, ArmA doesn't have realistic recoil, it only goes upwards.

I think you can simulate it going backwards. I think I did it once...