Sign in to follow this  
rellikki

SLA Redux Packs

Been quite while since I last time released an addon, but here I am again with three new releases, though this might be my last addon project for ArmA, since I don't find addon making that interesting anymore as before.

Anyway, allow me to present: SLA Redux Packs by Rellikki. These three addons come up with redux versions of the BIS SLA troops with main purpose of them being to bring you SLA troops without the Interceptor body armor, as I thought that it was unrealistic to have an Eastern world nation with Western world equipment. I also made desert and urban warfare versions of them to be used in different environments. They are updated versions of my previous SLA addons, though they are not compatible with each other, since I had to change the classnames, because I was using an addon tag which was already registered to someone else - RLK. My new one is REL, as you can probably see from the file names while downloading the addons...

Credits & thanks to:

- Ebud, CWR and BIS for the base 3D models & textures

- ObmaR for the 3D models of the bandana and the field cap

- Von Rundstedt for the 3D model of the beret

- Benoist, W0lle, Tiger205, Cole.cz, wipman, Old Bear and MODUL for the translations of the display names to different languages.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>SLA Woodland Troops</span>

Screenshots:

wlsla1s.jpg wlsla2s.jpg

Download:

My website

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>SLA Desert Troops</span>

Screenshots:

dssla1s.jpg dssla2s.jpg

Download:

My website

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>SLA Urban Warfare Troops</span>

Screenshots:

ubsla1s.jpg ubsla2s.jpg

Download:

My website

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Replacement Packs</span>

Download:

Armaholic.com, Armed Assault Info, ArmABase.de

As always, constructive critiscm and other comments are welcome.

I hope you like them!

goodnight.gif

Very nice addons mate wink_o.gif

Sad to see you're leaving addon making, but well, maybe you'll come back when you get new ideas.

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, pictures are looking very good, I will try the troops later today!

Can you answer me please, in the second urban picture, the UAZ(military police?! ), which addon is this?

MfG Lee thumbs-up.gif

Rellikki you're da man! My team will use these in Thursday's squadnight. I'll report back if any problems appear, but usually your work is top-class, so we don't worry. Thank you.

Thanks for the comments so far. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sad to see you're leaving addon making, but well, maybe you'll come back when you get new ideas.

We'll see. I might update the older addons a little but I doubt I'll start doing totally new projects.

Quote[/b] ]Can you answer me please, in the second urban picture, the UAZ(military police?! ), which addon is this?

It comes up in vanilla ArmA in the latest Beta and 1.14 patches. You can find it in the OPFOR side under the 'Cars' category. It's named "UAZ (Police)". wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll report back if any problems appear, but usually your work is top-class, so we don't worry.

Thanks. I've been testing the addon a lot though while I was working on it and I think there shouldn't be any problems at all, but thanks anyway!

Wow! Stunning work.

A big thank you to you, Ebud and all others involved. I don't usually get excited by replacement units, but these look fantastic. It has always seemed a bit odd to me that the sla had such a strange mix of kit.

Any plans for a replacement config in the near future?

Thanks again

finally the sla also gets some love. ^^

especially the senior officer looks awesome.

great work rellikki and the others!!

i really hope someone will make a replacement config, i unfortunately don't have the knowledge to do it.

That's exactly what i have expected, we had many realist and impressive bluefor units (Jonny's USMC and Cammy's ACU dudes) but there was a lack of good opfor units.

I may have a little suggestion. New usmc units have came up with the 1.14 patch and these new units have also darker wound textures, and they seem to me more realist: example screenshot. You should take a look at it.

And what about rpg backpack?

Anyway, your work is impressive and be sure i'll use it wink_o.gif.

Thanks for the comments so far again... and for the mirrors too! smile_o.gif I have updated my website with them and will be updating it with any other upcoming mirrors too.

To people asking for replacement packs: I was actually planning to add some for each of the packs with this release, but I forgot. sad_o.gif Some of my friends were willing to make them, so I will include them in the next update.

Quote[/b] ]I may have a little suggestion. New usmc units have came up with the 1.14 patch and these new units have also darker wound textures, and they seem to me more realist: example screenshot. You should take a look at it.

And what about rpg backpack?

Those wound textures look good. I can include them in the next update. smile_o.gif

As for the RPG backpacks, I myself don't know how to do 3D models and I'm not really good making textures from scratch either, but if someone is willing to make me one, I'd be more than glad to include it in the next update with credits, of course.

I will also include signature files in the next update, that's another thing I forgot to add in this release... confused_o.gif

It comes up in vanilla ArmA in the latest Beta and 1.14 patches. You can find it in the OPFOR side under the 'Cars' category. It's named "UAZ (Police)". wink_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Thank you, I will take a look a this "addon" also!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

They look really good!

Think I found another replacement!

By the name replacement:

Would you have problems if there will be replacements of your units?

@Lee_H._Oswald

There is also the south sahrani counterpart of the uaz police car you can find in Civilian/Cars/Police car wink_o.gif.

sanstitreuv1.th.jpg

Sorry for OT.

I just noticed that the straps for the magazine pouches need adjusting. at the front you can see a noticeable space between the strap and the shirt and at the back they appear to be disappearing into into the soldier's torso.

Have they been optimised? I haven't really tested it, but I get the feeling that they may be giving me a bit of frame rate hit compared to the BIS SLA.

Aside from that they look amazing, especially the textures. I can't wait for the next update.

Has anyone put together a full list of class names for this new guys?

I just noticed that the straps for the magazine pouches need adjusting. at the front you can see a noticeable space between the strap and the shirt and at the back they appear to be disappearing into into the soldier's torso.

All the vertices probably haven't been weighted and tested and tweaked to perfection for animating.

Edit: Really cool addons BTW.

Great stuff! I'd like to add this to the list (with a note to stay put for the replacement .pbos). Is that okay with you, Rellikki?

Thanks for sharing!

To people asking for replacement packs, here: Cole.cz was kind enough to create replacement addons for each of the packs.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>SLA Redux Packs Replacements</span>

by Cole.cz

Download link:

rellikki.armaholic.net

Thanks Cole. smile_o.gif

Mirrors would be appreciated!

Quote[/b] ]I just noticed that the straps for the magazine pouches need adjusting. at the front you can see a noticeable space between the strap and the shirt and at the back they appear to be disappearing into into the soldier's torso.

I find it kinda hard to adjust the straps properly against the torso without a too big space between the torso and straps or without them going through the body. In my opinion, it doesn't look that bad. confused_o.gif And you can only see it from certain directions. You should be able to live with it.

Quote[/b] ]Great stuff! I'd like to add this to the list (with a note to stay put for the replacement .pbos). Is that okay with you, Rellikki?

Sure, thanks. Though I released the replacement packs by Cole above. tounge2.gif

A little progress report:

I managed to update the wound textures as it was suggested on this thread. Looks much better in my opinion (Thanks for the idea, Yeb! ). It means the release of the update is pretty close and I'll have the addons signed too this time for MP gaming. smile_o.gif Stay tuned!

wow rellikki, that was fast. thanks to you and cole.cz for the replacements!! dl'ing now.

Very nice looking SLA ! And thanks for the replacement pack wink_o.gif

Malick