Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueView v1.0

The videos below pretty much explain everything. Even though I only show certain weapons and vehicles, the changes apply to everything except....

- Optic / Scoped Weapons (I left the default BIS values for those)

- Shilka / Vulcan (can’t see past 90 degrees because the back isn’t rendered)

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>*VIDEOS*</span> (I made these videos for people with A.D.D. that don’t want to read words or try the mod out, but it turns out that this is a very effective way to showcase this mod to anybody. Make sure you watch both videos in full (You can spare 10 minutes, can’t you?). There is also a tiny bit of plane action in the second video for you A.D.D.’ers out there.

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Part 1 – TrueView Features</span>

*PLEASE download the High Quality versions (They are ONLY 30-40mb). After watching these videos on YouTube, YouTube offically sucks. The quality is horrible.

- High Quality Download

- Low Quality Stream

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Part 2 – TrueView InAction</span>

- High Quality Download

- Low Quality Stream

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>*DOWNLOAD LINKS*</span>

Quote[/b] ]

The download is only 547kb

- @Armed Assault Zone

- LINK 1

- LINK 2

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>*TrueView v1.0 ReadMe*</span>

Quote[/b] ]

--------------------------------------------------------------

///// TrueView v1.0 \\\\\

--------------------------------------------------------------

Armed Assault Modification

FEATURES

-----------

- New Responsive, Smooth, & Consistent FOV / Zoom Settings.

- Realistic Head Movement Freedom.

- Unlocked Gunner Views and TurnOut Views.

REQUIREMENTS

------------

Armed Assault: Version 1.08

***I cannot gaurantee it will work on an older version then 1.08***

INSTALLATION

------------

1) Drag / copy / extract the folder "@TrueView" to your ArmA directory

(ex. C:Program Files \ ArmA)

*2) Create a shortcut for the ArmA executable with the following command line: -mod=@TrueView

*OR

*3) Download Kegety's Launcher v1.11 and just add the folder name "@TrueView" to "Options > Mods > Mod Directory Name". Then save and check the box to enable the mod on the right hand side.

( http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/armalauncher111.zip )

4) Wallah, your done, now go play!

CREDITS

--------------

Thanks to Bunks and Chris for beta testing.

LICENSE

--------------

You are free to distribute TrueView as long as it is the original and unmodified.

Do not modify and distribute TrueView mod or parts of TrueView mod without my permission.

You can reach me at the BIS forums (rg7621)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi

LAST WORDS

-------------

I hope you enjoy these changes as much as I do!

©2007 Rg

i like this already!! inlove.gif

thanks and good luck with future work!!! biggrin_o.gif

yay.gifnotworthy.gif

edit: I downloaded and i must say i loved what i experienced so far. Also think its alittle incomplete, but its only the version 1.0.

i have a suggestion:

in normal view you can click the key "-" 2x, you will have a zoom out view. Now try to click "v" and click key "-" 2x, you cant zoom out at all for the CQB.

"More headmovement" means what?

Will there be an increase of visual angel for example an increase of looking behind?

Will there be an increase of visual angel for example an increase of looking behind?

yup that too, among other subtil effects that i apreciate.

I will give this mod a try.

I will give this mod a try.

@rg7621 i think you should edit your 1st post and put the size of the file. Its insignificant small. And we can see some nice subtil changes.

the download is 547 kb

Yet another example of what SHOULD have been done with the original game. This is exactly how it should have been by default.

Fantastic work. I'll give this a shot when I get home tonight. smile_o.gif

That's excellent, especially the head movement inside vehicles. I was wondering why BIS restricted it so much in the first place. I suspected it was due to a lack of rendering or similar issue. Nice to know it doesn't affect too many vehicles.

Exactly what Vassago said - this should be the default.

think i like it, but not sure.... much harder to hit anything with ironsight now, targets at 300metres are just tiny specks - probably more realistic like this tho wink_o.gif

EDIT: hmm had to disconnect from evo and disable this mod, couldnt hit a thing with m136, the sights are just too far from my eye.

This is great! I think BIS really should deeply consider implementing this in default ArmA.

i don't like the new weapons sights... too far away , i need a scope to see the scope biggrin_o.gif

hello all,

Phenominal stuff.

A must have.

Rgds

LoK

That's excellent, especially the head movement inside vehicles. I was wondering why BIS restricted it so much in the first place. I suspected it was due to a lack of rendering or similar issue. Nice to know it doesn't affect too many vehicles.

Exactly what Vassago said - this should be the default.

i think this is something about the zoom level of zoomed scope and related things, but i am not sure

Spot on! This is definantly how the default ArmA view should be. -or the default ACE view, when it comes out. I hope this is compatable with multiplayer...

Thanks guys for the positive comments so far.

---

bravo6,

Thanks and I updated the first post to show the file size. I decided not to allow ZoomOut when in iron sight mode, because Normal view is for CQB. ZoomOut is just for quick scanning when not looking down the barrel of the gun. Plus, if you ZoomOut when in iron sight mode, when you zoom in, it will only be half way (close to Normal View), not to mention, you will get a horrible fisheye effect on the gun. I thought about these for a while and I decided to disable it.

Vassago, Dr_Eyeball, Opteryx, and KaiserPanda,

Thanks and I agree, these should have been in default ArmA. It’s not quite perfect yet, since I need the tools to fine tune the viewpoint positions, but this is definitely better then the default.

Mandrake5 and william1,

Yes I know the sights are a little bit farther away now. To me, the default full zoom was too much. It felt bigger then an immersive-lifelike size. As soon as the tools are released, I plan to move most/all viewpoints for hand held weapons forward, closer to the sight to match closer to the BIS full zoom position (fov zoom is different from the eyepoint position where the camera sits). And yes, it is more apparent with the m136 and rgp launchers. These are the first things I will modify, because if you look at the sight with freelook while holding the launcher next to you, the sight is RIGHT there, yet when you go to iron sights, your view shots back. This will be fixed when the tools are released.

---

Also, you should note that this SHOULD work with most addons/mods, but it does not work correctly in 6thsense FULL, because they have a modified dta>bin>config.cpp. Any mod should work with TrueView as long as it doesn’t modify the bin.pbo, so all the sound mods and various other things should work. If you find a conflict with another mod/addon (make sure there is a conflict by testing each mod on its OWN) then let me know about it, thanks.

ok, if the idea was not to have the distorced view.. like streched view.. i think you did a good decision.

well done. I just hope other modes implement this in theirs. Or simply BIS add this to the next patch.

also heared some people that tryed and didn't like it. Well i did, its more natural now. i hate that strech image feeling.

Nice work!

It seems that everybody either doesn't like it or thinks BIS sucks for not putting it in the game themselves. Pretty extreme IMHO. It seems that people can't praise someone's work without putting down the developers.

--Ben

looks great. i agree with the zoom in not being close enough in when the sights are up. i read you saying that you'll change weapon position when the tools are out - fair enough. but is there a setting i can change in your mod to manually to make that zoom in a bit more? until the tools are out.

cheers

... and disable this mod, couldnt hit a thing with m136, the sights are just too far from my eye.

The same here. This mod was a disappointing choice for me.

Disabled.

... and disable this mod, couldnt hit a thing with m136, the sights are just too far from my eye.

The same here. This mod was a disappointing choice for me.

Disabled.

Just zoom in!

Anyway, this mod is awesome, and works in MP just fine.

of cause it would be the best if BI put this in future patchs with those sights fixed, but its basicly an idea that get practicaly made after half a year of brainstorming about "how to get it better", you cant ask for more from anyone

i personally wanted to put this into BTS feature request(or tell me if someone already did that)

Great addon but I noticed that it severely limits the optics on the weapons for things like tanks and Armor in general. Hardly no zoom left. If I was an Armor guy I would hate this addon but being mainly Air and some ground it is awesome. yay.gif