Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant Civilian Pack v1.00

I hate time. And sadly, I've run out of time to finish everything I'd have liked to in my mod, partially because Armed Assault is around the corner, and I'm already planning my next insidious actions in the modding world, and partially because due to the closeness of Armed Assault, I have lost quite a bit of interest in my mod.

In the best interest of the community, however, I'd like to present a consolation gift to those who are making mods of their own, and also to those other smacktards out there who just like to collect addons, like me.  biggrin_o.gif  It won't be long before the first mod without a BIS head will make it on the scene, hopefully, and these will lend a hand to those who need civilian models. So will my BIS => Llauma face change project, but that is still unfinished.

So, you say, what is the reason of this? Well, ~100 civilian models with Llauma's head is the reason! Featuring over 50 male models, not including police, workers, farmers and others (uber thanks to FarmLand Mod, FDF, Deadmeat XM2, Helping_Hand, RHS, OWP, Dr. Pepper (especially - what a champ), Mapfact and DMA) and at least 30 female models, this pack should help y'all out a lot. If I've missed you on the credits, feel free to launch a frying pan at me. Check the readme for the full scoop, as per usual.

Yes, most of the modelling is not mine, I acquiesce, so don't come stomping into my thread saying "McDonald, u r a jckass u didnt do th3se models lol!" Though noone else was bothered to do such a thing, so if you don't like what I've done, don't download them. Smacktards.

Comes with blood textures, and all units are unarmed so you can add/remove weapons as you like. 'Nuff said.

Here's some piccies:

Me.jpg

Me looking elegant in civvies, with an EXTREMELY screwy tan.

Insurgents.jpg

Insurgents looking elegant in civvies.

Police.jpg

Police looking elegant in... uniform. Ah crap, I missed that crosshair.

Civilian Pack v1.00

Civilian Pack v1.00

You will need:

FacesTex2

Mirrors would be appreciated, fanks guys.

Happy editing,

The FacePlant Team.   yay.gif

Any idea what causes this? confused_o.gif

boooooon1.jpg

This doesn't happen every time though. And no, this doesn't only happen with your addon, but also with every other addon using facestex2. crazy_o.gif

Run away from the addon about 100 metres and then run back.

Sometimes my textures go a bit blurry too on all addons, especially when loading. Something to do with LODs.

This is a very very very very good, a vote of 10 \ 10,  smile_o.gif

Is "Smacktard" your new word of the month?! biggrin_o.gif

No, really this is great. Thanks Cam. Hope to see ya in Armed Assault modding!

The texture blurring is to do with incorrect mip-mapping of the textures. It is often caused by setobjecttexture. Its fundamentally caused by the textures not being pre-loaded by the game (as they're not loaded at the beginning of the mission because they aren't actually applied to the model until AFTER its started), as such they can sometimes become blurred. It (should)/can be fixed by making a grid of all the faces in the facetex2.pbo (as well as any faces included with this pack), applying one face texture to each square in the grid (so its going to be one big-ass grid), and then shrinking (scaling) the grid very small, and probably repositioning it to inside EVERY unit's body. This way, all the possible face textures (within your pack and the Facetex2.pbo) are pre-loaded by OFP, and the blurred faces should be fixed.

Anyway, now that that is ealt with, the pack looks pretty cool. I'll be checking it out when I get home from work tonight wink_o.gif

Nice addon. I found a bug with the Police Biker the rank on their arms are not fixed to the arm

Uaaaah!

Its here! notworthy.gif

Now I can play OFP with these things with llaumas heads!(us soldiers,russians,civilians,partisans etc. etc.)

BTW:Well,I hope that the little bugs will be fixed later smile_o.gif

Hey all. The nostrils? Damnation, I thought I'd fixed that damn problem. I'll get to it. As for the ranks, they don't stick very well because they're not part of the arm, and I don't think there's all that much I can do aboot that one. I'll have a squiz at the biker specifically, however, and see what I can do.

Glad the bugs aren't too major, though. biggrin_o.gif

just a couple of questions..

how do you add the gasmask's to the riot police?

shouldn't the millita have webbing?

The militia are just meant to be armed civilians, mags stuffed into pockets, shoes, other assorted cavities... my real militia are based on DMA's Euro resistance - they get webbing.

Texas-Ranger => arm them yourself, that's what I left them unarmed for. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]arm them yourself, that's what I left them unarmed for

It'd be nice though if mod makers put the cpp as a seperate pbo for this case then...re-pboing models is such a waste of time when you just want to do a few cpp edits for weapons.

I was thinking addweapon, addmag, etc, but yeah, you have a point. I'm not much for external cpps, though, as annoying as it is for users. I find they get lost easily. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was thinking addweapon, addmag, etc

It takes all of 5 minutes to make permanent changes that you dont have to redo over and over by just editing the cpp.

Seriously, if people are making addons (weapon packs/troops etc etc) over 10MBs, put the cpp seperate.