Sign in to follow this  
blackjack-VS-

Aquilair beta

aquilair.jpg

hello everyone, its time to release the beta version of the aquilair. until the end of the month i hope i'll get it finished.

so at this moment i have a version with:

-blue cammo

-cd player

-custom engine sound

-spining weels (ty footmunch)

to the final version i need to

-finish intermedium lod's ( so far i made 2 lod's only-max and min lods)

-tune some settings like armor(to high i think) and loading ammo/weapons(forgot that on cfg...)

-do the woodland/desert/snow/stealth cammo versions.

-fix/create features that comunity sugested.

-binarize it (footmunch work) so the mettalic textures can shine

so far Exec[VS] made me 2 maps. they can be found at vetsquad.com server. by the time i release the final version i'll attach them to the link.if u want to listen music while flying in your maps, u need to do this:

in the description.sqs of your mission add :

Code Sample

class CfgSounds

{

class rad1

{

name="pitch1";

sound[]={"\music\rad1.ogg",db+30, 1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

class rad2

{

name="pitch2";

sound[]={"\music\rad2.ogg",db+30, 1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

class rad3

{

name="pitch3";

sound[]={"\music\rad3.ogg",db+30, 1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

class rad4

{

name="pitch4";

sound[]={"\music\rad4.ogg",db+30, 1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

class rad5

{

name="pitch5";

sound[]={"\music\rad5.ogg",db+30, 1.0};

titles[] = {};

};

};

then just creat a folder called music inside the mission main folder and place inside the sound ogg files (mono) and call them :rad1,rad2,rad3,rad4 and rad5.ogg .that's simple

i'm satisfied with the aquilair so far. prety decent handling and very realistic (my opinion). try to shut engine down and it will glide like a whale!! smile_o.gif

have fun and feedback always welcome.

(ps:aquilair can be found at west-air-aquilair)

aq1.jpg

aq2.jpg

aq3.jpg

Aquilair Beta , 2.64MB (i'm sory,duno why but the link didnt went...its fixed now)

TY Parvus for the candy!! (pic on the header)

terribly sory guys!! i acidently changed the file name when i changed to vs-aquilair.pbo instead of aquilair.pbo . that's why u ctd ! i just fixed the link again. let me know if it worked plz.

It looks good and flies very nicely thumbs-up.gif

I don't think you could fly one upside down or do a loop in reality though, maybe you could script it to tear apart if trying such maneuvers smile_o.gif

... oh and the cd player isn't really neccessary, you can easily script it to mission if you happen to need it.

metalheart- when i 1st saw your ctd message i think my neighbourg woke up when i shout a loud "WTF?". i'm glad it was all a stupid error of mine copying/pasting the url for the file. that's what happens when u do this kind of stuffs with short time.

about the looping. i dont have joystick so i couldnt so far make such manouver. no idea how to avoid it, or if the real vehicle cant do such thing. so i guess its something beyond my control.ty for testing btw.

Marcos.a.Aguilair.- the 1st time i saw ur name i had a good laugh wondering if ur the owner of the aquilair company (ULM by the way). but even tho,ur name has a G not a Q smile_o.gif

almost 1week and 500 views after i post this addon here, there's only 1 coment...does it mean that:

1-it's so unatractive that u dont even want to try it once.

2-u tried it, andt it sucks!

3-u dont play ofp or try new addons.

4-u want a new addon, like a m4 gun, matchbox or a pink house.

5-wc issues dont allow u to post here.

just wondering about if i should have the trouble to finish this addon...i know nobody asked the addon, but since i had the will to do it, i would like to know for things to change/improve.basicly do it the most perfect way i can.

TY for reading,

from a temporary demoralized "wanabee" addonmaker.

goodnight.gif

Hey! Sorry that you are feeling let down.

I speak for myself of course but I am sure that everybody in the community can see that you have put a lot of efforts in your work and that we are gratefull for this.

The lack of responses might come from the fact that it is an addon with a limited use, unlike a helicopter or an armored vehicle.

But it is nevertheless very well done and I hope to see you continue modelling. You are talented, and the community would be at loss if you were to decide to quit.

Sorry for not commenting it directly  icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a kind of addon I really love to play with. Maybe one thing, it should fly a bit slower which means to take-off on shorter distances too. I'm working on an alpha version of a STOL aircraft which use a script for a short take-off. If you can't figure it out with weight balance and so, I could help you with the script.

An other thing, about modeling: I think it's a really beautiful addon, but would need, as you say, some other LODS, cause the details of the exhaust pipes are not really important when you're more than 3 meters away from it.

So good work, keep going on so! thumbs-up.gif

Sirglider

Yeah nice addon u made. Keep on working. But if u release another version, cut off the MP3-Player

Normally when people dont post its usually because they think the mods good, and have no general complaints/comments...either that or youve stunned them into silence. Nice mod m8 (I love flying any type of aircraft wink_o.gif) thumbs-up.gif

Normally when people dont post its usually because they think the mods good, and have no general complaints/comments...

Yep, and they can't find any bugs with it wink_o.gif

Nice addon ! thumbs-up.gif

I really like this addon, and I know a few others do too - they just dont know how to say it.

I've tried this addon both on the editor and on the multiplayer dedicated server: it runs flawlessly. The balance of the Aquilair is great, the wheels turn, and if you turn off the engine while flying it glides quite nicely - an interesting way to approach an enemy occupied town. It also works well on the scenic mission as its not going too slow/fast , so a good addon to tour new areas/islands or even scout places to make a battle on your next map. The CD player can be scripted into a mission but having it there facilitates the process.

One of the small bugs that I think was squashed in the updated version is the when the Aquilair is destroyed, it continues to make that crashing sound. (Ie. Similar sound to when you crash any helicopter/plane into forest/building). Maybe its problem with OFP physics, but it hasnt happened to me yet on this version.

Thanks BlackJack, and I hope you continue making nice addons.