Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

The World Cup is starting soon and this is the place to discuss it!

As only 10 answers are possible in a poll and we have 32 teams there, I did not add one.

For painstaking mods: This thread is officially permitted by Major Fubar. smile_o.gif

Well, Germany did a good job in winning against amateur teams and loosing valuable player in such matches lately... whistle.gif

Go Australia.

One match I'm looking forward to is Aus V Brazil  wink_o.gif  We might get a floggin or we might do some magic  huh.gif

Go Australia.

One match I'm looking forward to is Aus V Brazil wink_o.gif We might get a floggin or we might do some magic huh.gif

Against Brazil you usually lose with one goal less. confused_o.gif

This has to be Englands year, even without Rooney i still believe.....

for those that are interested HERE is a free online world cup prediction game. i have created a mini league for "us" and i have named the league Malden Premier League wink_o.gif so if your up to it sign up and join the mini league, predict the world cup scores and see who come out on top smile_o.gif

The football scandal here in Italy is dooming our team too, so I say "GO BRAZIL!".

Our corrupt players doesn't really deserve my support. mad_o.gif

Klavan

As Italy seems to be out of the race, NL will make it. Or they'll again play good football and then lose against... Brazil? Argetina? (Germany? biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif )

We will see. wink_o.gif

I cant watch it here in Israel. Why ?

Because all of the TV&Setalaite companies {like the ones that give you all the channels} want to charge about 110$ to watch the whole football games. Maybe I'll watch the final in the free tv stations . .  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Go Russian ! LoL rofl.gif

The FIFA fu..ouled up this world cup. I don't care anymore...

Examples? Our soccer club in Hannover had to replace the lawn twice: the first time to comply with official standards (fed cup), now a second time because the FIFA didn't like some slightly more greenish patches. Fan shops had to be relocated because around the stadium only official sponsors are allowed to offer their products. Want to bring your camera along to take some nice photos? Watch out, perhaps they confiscate your camera because you didn't pay for the rights to exploit the event via media...

Speaking of media... people here are constantly under ad attack, world cup here, world cup there, buy this, buy that!

They made me hate this event. banghead.gif

I just don't watch TV (I heard about a game called Flashpoint...), it is really frustrating! But I'm gonna watch football, the World Cup isn't responsible for the FIFA's (swiss) capitalists...

Only Budweiser in German stadiums... LOL! crazy_o.gif

The FIFA fu..ouled up this world cup. I don't care anymore...

Examples? Our soccer club in Hannover had to replace the lawn twice: the first time to comply with official standards (fed cup), now a second time because the FIFA didn't like some slightly more greenish patches. Fan shops had to be relocated because around the stadium only official sponsors are allowed to offer their products. Want to bring your camera along to take some nice photos? Watch out, perhaps they confiscate your camera because you didn't pay for the rights to exploit the event via media...

Speaking of media... people here are constantly under ad attack, world cup here, world cup there, buy this, buy that!

They made me hate this event. banghead.gif

I know. They got there own cerel. Fifa Balls. Just add milk and the balls look like soccer balls crazy_o.gif

Go Saudi Arabia ... nener.gif .

Oh well this time atleast we'll go past the Group Stages , and once those are done who knows what might happen. South korea had their moments last time this time i believe we can have some of those too ... hopefully smile_o.gif .

South korea had their moments last time this time i believe we can have some of those too ... hopefully smile_o.gif .

South Korea sold it's soul (and most probably something else) for having their moments last time (the whole Italy and Spain population can confirm).

Klavan

As Italy seems to be out of the race, NL will make it. Or they'll again play good football and then loose against...

After having seen the matches the last 1,5 years, qualifing and practice matches, not even good football, just losing huh.gif

I hope (and expect) that Brazil will win, only a huge fight within the team can prevent that if they even perform at only half of what they are able of.

South korea had their moments last time this time i believe we can have some of those too ... hopefully smile_o.gif .

South Korea sold it's soul (and most probably something else) for having their moments last time (the whole Italy and Spain population can confirm).

Klavan

I thought you said 'South Korea sold its seoul! biggrin_o.gif

Anyway.. England for me, but I have a sneaky feeling Spain are gonna do well for some reason...

Well, I'd rather see the following countries qualified from the 1st phase:

Group A : Germany & Costa Rica

Group B : England & Sweden

Group C : Argentina & Ivory coast

Group D : Portugal & Iran

Group E : Italy & Czech republic

Group F : Brazil & Japan

Group G : France & Switzerland

Group H : Spain & Tunisia

But I'm afraid south americans will get the world cup again...

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

I hope (and expect) that Brazil will win, only a huge fight within the team can prevent that if they even perform at only half of what they are able of.

I hope they don't win again, we have such boring all-time-winners in the Bundesliga (Bayern München), it just sucks.

2004's European Championship was cool as a real newcomer won! smile_o.gif Okay, they didn't play football as good as Brazil does, but ... crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

South korea had their moments last time this time i believe we can have some of those too ... hopefully  smile_o.gif .

Klavan

You got proof?

Are you saying that Italy and Spain took bribes and lost or what?

I am lost confused_o.gif .

Go ENGLAND! win once again woot!!

||||||||||_||||||||||

||||||||||_||||||||||

||||||||||_||||||||||

_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

||||||||||_||||||||||

||||||||||_||||||||||

||||||||||_||||||||||

ENGLAND!  nener.gif

Klavan

You got proof?

Are you saying that Italy and Spain took bribes and lost or what?

I am lost confused_o.gif .

I think he means the refrees, afair they were both quite... unlucky biggrin_o.gif

For me its not only about the football, but seeing the george cross waving from every car roof and house roof in England, for years we was banned from waving our National flag.but now the Nation can be proud. to qoute a fine chap >>

winndb8bb.jpg

Come On England (second choice Brasil)

For me its not only about the football, but seeing the george cross waving from every car roof and house roof in England, for years we was banned from waving our National flag.but now the Nation can be proud. to qoute a fine chap >>

huh.gif

Some Councils felt that for some reason the English flag (and other things such as the word Chrisrtmas) could offend non-english people in Britain. It dosen't help that polictical parties such as the British national party use it. mad_o.gif

It's political correctness gone mad!  banghead.gif

But I've don't believe it offends anyone.

An Indian Resturaunt in my local area has a cross of St.Georage flying outside it so the're obviously not offended by it. I am glad to say there are plenty of English flags flying around my area! smile_o.gif