Sign in to follow this  
KEREL

British vosper mtb released

I just saw this cute addon and its loooking good to me quoted from ofpbase

Scud from the OFP Generation Mod sent us an nice email that they has released a beta of their British Vosper MTB (WWII British fast attack boat).  Wich you can download below from us! ;)

The MTB was a fast light weight torpedo boat used in WWII. Its role was attacking enemy coastal vessels and keeping allied shipping lanes open.

image1

image2

image3

image4

downlaod from ofpbase  smile_o.gif direct download link here

These where the first Vessels the Irish Navy operated after they were reformed during WW2 (The fledgeling National army had made pioneering use of amphibious warfare tactics during the civil war but the Naval element was disbanded in 1923)

D/Lng now

Good addon. Brings back memories of trying to motorise my Airfix MTB.

O/T:

Quote[/b] ]The fledgeling National army had made pioneering use of amphibious warfare tactics during the civil war

..er, anti-gunrunning and a handful of landings by the Alexandra (a Cross-Channel ferry) supported by Helga (a gunboat) wouldn't normally be counted as pioneering amphib warfare. Caesar, Alexander, the Athenians from 600BC - now they were pioneers!

will you add torpedos later?

u can always download CoC torpedoes and add this in init line of MTB <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this, "torpedoName", torpedoCount] exec "\Coc_Torpedoes\init\init.sqs"

Works very well for me  smile_o.gif

Sweet!  Now only if we had some big German ships or U-boats to torpedo.   sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

amazing work KEREL

Its made by Scud not Kerel wink_o.gif

amazing work KEREL

Its made by Scud not Kerel  wink_o.gif

LOL  biggrin_o.gif

will you add torpedos later?

From the README

Quote[/b] ]2 torpedoes (not working in this version but will hopefully in next version)

Quote[/b] ]Sweet!  Now only if we had some big German ships or U-boats to torpedo.  

I am working on it

uboat1.jpg

uboat2.jpg

ofpgenlogo.jpg

Just out of interest,

has anybody used COC Torpedos with Vosper yet?

Good addon.  Brings back memories of trying to motorise my Airfix MTB.

O/T:

Quote[/b] ]The fledgeling National army had made pioneering use of amphibious warfare tactics during the civil war

..er, anti-gunrunning and a handful of landings by the Alexandra (a Cross-Channel ferry) supported by Helga (a gunboat) wouldn't normally be counted as pioneering amphib warfare.  Caesar, Alexander, the Athenians from 600BC - now they were pioneers!

They never used amphibiosity as a means of outflanking an enemy on the same landmass.

The Lady Wicklow and the Arvonia were used to mount landings as well, quite a number of landings took place around Cork and Kerry considering the war itself lasted less than two years.

Is there any progress about it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there any progress about it

The U-Boat ?

Just getting the guns sorted and thats about it for the basic model.