Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

CoC Combat Swimmer

diver.jpg

Units have an unspecific nationality. They may be used as SEAL, SBS, Froedmanskorpset, Kust Jaeger, or any other swimming unit.

Frogmen are amongst the most illustrious of modern combat units in the Special Operations field. It's no wonder names like "Navy SEAL" and "Special Boat Squadron" bring to mind images of daring reconnaissance, rescue, and sabotage missions, deep within enemy territory, deploying from land, sea, or air. The Chain of Command is proud to present to you a fully functional combat diver for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

Features

The Chain of Command's mission is "To Develop a dynamic and realistic battlefield for platoon/company/battalion-sized conflicts within Operation Flashpoint by advancing the Operation Flashpoint game engine to its max." Picking up on Walker's original wetsuit-addon, the combat diver has the characteristics of a "normal" SpecOps unit. Combat divers however, are trained in deployment using the LAR VII rebreather, which enables them to approach any shore unnoticed. After getting on land, they will be able to put the rebreather in a safe spot, or carry it with them during the mission.

IMPORTANT NOTE: AI HAS PROBLEMS USING SWIMMING EQUPMENT.

We from CoC cannot guarantee the safety of you or your team, if you let AI control combat swimmers.

[ DOWNLOAD COMBAT SWIMMER ADDON ]

The following download is a test-mission, not yet ready for release, but it might be valuable to mission makers/scripters. It contains (besides some bugs) a very simple AI helper, that lets AI follow the first human player in a group.

[ DOWNLOAD BETA DEMO MISSION ]

Guest BratZ

Wow sweeeeeeeetttt !!   Thanx guys , but is that King Kong diver coming outta the water? LOL just picking

Where is a BFG when u need one !

Cool!!!!!! And just after I came home. Talk about a GOOD DAY!

By the way, what is it under, I can't find it. confused.gif

Excellent work guys! And i thought that the OFP community was taking a rest. Great work!

One thing though: The demo mission needs some sort of readme, were do i put all these SQS's and so on?

Can someone post an example MP mission? Me and another guy are both trying to find the extra script needed for the swim system to work in MP, but have yet to find what to type. we saw the script at the bottom of the Swim System Documentation you released, but just dont ahve a clue what we're doing wink.gif

Ince we get it working, this will rock biggrin.gif

HotShot.

Oh and here's another downlaod link from OFPBase: OFPBase Download Link

Very nice!

These, together with the Strb 90H will make for some fine A-dyk missions! wink.gif

Splendid work lads.

Fantastic work lads!  They look superb!

Great work as usual CoC! One thing puzzles me though, after the divers get out of the water (AI) they behave quite wierd running about in circles and so. But in the water they do just fine, any clues to what this might be? Also they stop behaving "wierd" once i tell them to drop their rebreathers. Great work folks! This with the MH47E's fastroping makes it great to play! (Not too realistic with a MH47E dropping e'm off though) But great nonetheless!

hmmm...no internal compartment? i guess denoir did not tell you guys his story about pooping in swimming suit. tounge.gif

just kidding. great job CoC smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HotShot @ 16 May 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can someone post an example MP mission? Me and another guy are both trying to find the extra script needed for the swim system to work in MP, but have yet to find what to type. we saw the script at the bottom of the Swim System Documentation you released, but just dont ahve a clue what we're doing .<span id='postcolor'>

Read the document please. It's in there, and it's simple.

Copy+paste the MP script to an sqs file in your mission, and add the following to the init fields of all the units:

this exec "yourswimscript.sqs"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GoOB @ 16 May 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work as usual CoC! One thing puzzles me though, after the divers get out of the water (AI) they behave quite wierd running about in circles and so. But in the water they do just fine, any clues to what this might be? Also they stop behaving "wierd" once i tell them to drop their rebreathers. Great work folks! This with the MH47E's fastroping makes it great to play! (Not too realistic with a MH47E dropping e'm off though) But great nonetheless!<span id='postcolor'>

Read this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IMPORTANT NOTE: AI HAS PROBLEMS USING SWIMMING EQUPMENT.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry about that, but that's the way it is.

What I think that happens is that AI sees itself at the shoreline and its pathfinding freaks out, thinking it will die then and there. The dropping of an items makes the unit stop, probably resetting the pathfinding algorithm.

It's not uncommon for divers to disembark from helicopters, either jumping out or disembarking with the helicopter landing on the water.

Ah yes but it was actually that the AI had troubl not using the equipment, great job. And the navy doesn't use the MH47E does it since that was what i meant with it being unrealistic, deploying SEAL's from a MH47E. Good job and keep it up!

Hi all

Just to say the AI problems revolve around using the Car sim which fears water.

The other possible Simulations are

Ship: Problem BIG WAKES looks ugly

Tank: Problem small wakes no good for a rebreather but we are making a scuba version, this has no AI problems.  smile.gif

Beleve me when I say we worked on ways to beat this for months and that is excluding work on making the vehicle man portable.

I have had missions based on our work now for 8 months but we needed to try out all posibilities the Combat Divers and the Scuba Divers are the result of a lot of research.

Kind Regards Walker

Great job! Fantasic. I can see it, a Seahawk droping 4 SEAL's and then makeing a 180 turn fireing two torpedoes then the SEAL's move in to finish the job!

PS. No SEAL's Danish frogmen (FrÅ™(oe)mands korpset) is better biggrin.gif

Very nice, just about to install and try it out, thanks CoC smile.gif

And yeah, what's that BigHead doing in the sea?!

lol, i'm going to be so busy over the next week i won't have time to play with this much, but i look forward to.

awesome addon no doubt,

but i cant get them working in mp games aswell...

i copy&pasted the mpmission script from the cocoss doc into my "swim.sqs", activated the init.sqs as discribed and got an error message, when i previewed the mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">´goto|#|´: error invalid number in expression<span id='postcolor'>

i´d be very kind if you could publish a mp-mission template...

Here we go then.

I quickly tested the script for errors. No problems. You just have to make sure you re-merge any wrapped lines!

Place the following line on the top of your INIT.SQS:

CoC_SwimScriptDisable=true

In the init line of every unit in you mission place:

this exec "UNIT_SWIMSCRIPT.SQS"

The example INIT.SQS for multiplayer:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#START

COC_GLOBALSWIMGEAR=["COC_LAR7"]

COC_SWIMSCRIPTDISABLE=TRUE

PUBLICVARIABLE "COC_GLOBALSWIMGEAR"

PUBLICvARIABLE "COC_SWIMSCRIPTDISABLE"

#END

<span id='postcolor'>

The example UNIT_SWIMSCRIPT.SQS for multiplayer:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#BEGIN

;=========================================================

;Initiate swimming, as soon as the height falls below -1.5

;and the unit is currently not in a vehicle.

;=========================================================

? (local _this) && (getpos _this select 2 < -1.2) && (_this == vehicle _this) : goto "TRYSWIM";

;============================================

;wait a while, to minimize CPU load, and

;loop as long as the unit lives. Exit if not.

;============================================

~1

? alive _this : goto "BEGIN";

exit;

#TRYSWIM

_counter = 0;

#TRYSWIMLOOP

;==========================================================================

;Check to see if the unit is carrying COCoSS registered swimming equipment.

;==========================================================================

? (_this hasweapon (COC_GLOBALSWIMGEAR select _counter)) : goto "STARTSWIM";

_counter = _counter+1;

? _counter < count COC_GLOBALSWIMGEAR : goto "TRYSWIMLOOP";

goto "BEGIN";

#STARTSWIM

;=========================================================================

;First of all, get the current position, direction and vector of the unit.

;=========================================================================

_dir = direction _this;

_pos = getpos _this;

_vel = velocity _this;

;===========================

;Create the swimming-vehicle

;===========================

_dummyvehicle = ((COC_GLOBALSWIMGEAR select _counter)+"SWM") createvehicle [0,0,0];

;=====================================

;move the unit in the swimming vehicle

;=====================================

_this moveindriver _dummyvehicle;

;==================================================================

;put the vehicle in the original place/direction/vector of the unit

;==================================================================

_dummyvehicle setdir _dir;

_dummyvehicle setpos _pos;

_dummyvehicle setvelocity _vel;

~1

goto "BEGIN";

#END

<span id='postcolor'>

HAVE FUN !!!

sbs.gif   gvtsmily.gif   marnsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthijs @ 16 May 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

NJ guys smile.gif

thanks for your reply matthijs,

i altered the content of the scripts as you described.

now this error appears

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_dummyvehicle setvelocity _vel |#|;´: error setvelocity: type string, expected object<span id='postcolor'>

man, i dont know whats going on and why only i got this strange bug; but again: would you please make a example- mission zip, where the working scripts are included?

it´s slowly getting frustrating...  wink.gif

excellent, Smithers...release the frogs!

TY CoC!

L8R,

TopCover

Great work CoC team, gonna have some fun with this smile.gif

RED

An MP mission with swimming, for testing purposes.

Note that this mission has no briefing, intro, obectives or outro. Just an example of how to implement swimming in MP.

My machine is also bitching about "MISSION ADDON: BIS_RESISTANCE". I have no clue what causes this, I only know it's not caused by the swimmers.

http://mods.kmarns.net/download/MP_swimtest.Noe.zip