Sign in to follow this  
Czech Mate

I think im the only person with this problem

Hi Bohemia :D

Ive been getting this problem for several months.

What it is: fps drops to 4-7 frames per second and models look ridiculously simple and the only way to get rid of it is by shift - flush but it happens 10 minutes after, then it will happen 5 minutes after, then the flush command doesn't help anymore, stays at 5 fps until the game crashes...it will happen anywhere in the map at no specific location. It seems that this problem is only when I play CO and it happens always after about 2-3 hours of game play.

What Ive tried: Ive tried a complete reinstall of arma 2 and arma 2 OA 2 times, downclocking CPU, GPU and VRAM clock. Also tried different launch commands (-maxMem=1024 -cpuCount=4 ), a different video driver, defraging hard drive, and Ive tried playing in windowed mode. I ran out of ideas

What I have:

AMD Phenom x4 at 3.0 GHz

XFX Radeon HD 5770 ATI

100 gigs still free on hard drive

4 gigs of ram (50% used when playing arma2)

Mobo is DDR2 - if that helps

Comment: I was told by one of my team members that this is caused by a eather faulty or missing "auto memory dump script"- to me that sounds and looks correct but I'm not sure.

Ive tried them all, still happens -normally at default tho...also I most of the time use -maxMem=1024

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

its really aggravating because i have to restart the game 3 times durring a good CTI game :(

Sounds very much like overheating, check your temps with speedfan program.

cpu goes max to 48C and gpu goes max to 50....

Ive talked with another team mate and he said its a memory leak for sure ...

The only thing left in my mind to try is reformatting hard drive... which I reeaaly dont want to do and I believe it still wont help

do you guys know how to fix a memory leak?

A memory leak won't be fixed by reformatting, unless just reinstalling fixes it. Try changing your 'video memory' setting yet in video options? Set it to low and see if it makes a difference.

I just tried low again and still happens...ive tried them all.

its wierd....first 20 minutes of play i run around 40 fps (love it) but then it gradually goes down. after a hour i get max 29fps or 30 rarely, after 2 hours i get max 25fps..20 minutes aftr max 25fps it literally jumps to 5 fps and then i need to flush it but it happens 10 minutes after flush again...till it crashes..

seems like the cache builds up and up but game isnt using it....till it fills up totally

I think I need a BI developer to check this out :(

Edited by Czech Mate

in short, its "normal" for this game. at least for present patches/versions.

try higher GFX setting[except AA]. helps in my case.

also Arma2 suffer in AMD CPU's case[mine too]much more, both because Microsoft DirectX forced fallback to FPU[DirectX routines use FPU instead SSE2/3 on AMD chips] as well as BIS reliance on [few]intel libraries.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242272

http://aceshardware.freeforums.org/cpuid-family-bits-added-because-of-flaw-in-intel-compiler-t428.html

http://habrahabr.ru/blogs/hardware/80050/

Edited by BasileyOne

its normal for the game? or combined operations? because it doesnt happen in standard OA

i turned up the video settings and yes it did help...I can now play for 4-5 hours instead of 2 and the performance is ok. thnx

its normal for the game? or combined operations? because it doesnt happen in standard OA

both. but in Vanilla A2 part of CO, its had more noticeable impact, due to heavier content/higher CPU/GPU load.

same issue also occurred in arma1 when you either had rubbish hardware or were not capable of maintaining your own machine.

its a memory leak for sure....but it doesnt happen in OA just CO