Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

WIP: Qom Province

UPDATE! : 15th March 2011 - Beta Release (Private)

UPDATE! : 7th March 2011 - Alpha Release

Here's an update to the progress on my map (WIP)... Created a pretty cheesy (stick with it!) trailer to showcase the terrain and features. Enjoy!

startuplogoarmatupsmall.png

TU3dTwq2Wz0

(For users who have youtube content blocked... Veoh Trailer)

pictureg.png

Size: 10kmx10km

Based on: North West Qom Province, Iran (Map)

Features: ~30 "locations" including 9 farms, 7 villages, 1 industrial area, 2 MSRs, road/path network, 4 military installations, 2 mines/quarries, 1 provincial villa estate, 1 airport, 1 airstrip, weapons site, research campus, petrol stations, radar installations, salt lake and a hidden nuclear enrichment facility ;)

Details: The map is based on real life satellite and GIS data. Building/Object placement is based on real life sat imagery.

Terrain: Desert Plains, Mountains, Salt Lake, Farm Land

Required: CO/OA

Addons: None (Iranian Forces Mod optional)

Planned Release Date: Beta - late March 2011

Progress: 90% Complete

Interested to hear from anyone willing to create a campaign/mission to include in the final map. Ideally any mission/campaign should not require additional addons - although a mission/campaign optionally utilising the Iranian Forces Mod would be great.

Thanks to (so far!): the ARMA Community, Bushlurker, Shezan74, Mikero, Homer Johnson, Bad Benson, Old Bear, Gnat, ARMA 2 Map Making Skype Channel, YorT for the Iranian Forces Mod and of course Bohemia Interactive.

Edited by Tupolov

Hey man,

This sounds like a really promising map.

Question though, How detailed are the mines? are they enterable or is the entrance thing thats at the mine in Feruz Abad?

Thanks.

There's no way to enter the mines currently.

Thanks for the kinds comments!

I'm still looking for more Beta testers and mission makers for the map. My feeling at the moment is that I want to private Beta the map, fix the bugs, get at least 2 missions ready for it before releasing as complete to the community.

PM me if you would like access to the Beta release and are willing to provide bug reports/missions. You'll absolutely be credited when the map is released.

Cheers,

Tup

Looks very good Tupolov, can't wait to try this one out!!

Let me know if you need a hand with any "extra" stuff. ;)

Thanks YorT! Your Mod is amazing and really brings the map to life.

Let me know if you have any ideas around what I can add. Will add you to the Beta list!

Despite the cheese this trailer has to rate as one of the best I've seen produced by this community!!! Nothing like a bit of faux news, hell, it was disturbingly believeable... :rolleyes:

Also the map looks awesome! ;)

The trailer adds a sense of anticipation. Good Job IceBreakr. I dont download any community work anymore as I have no time, but, I will be using this Terrain area to have a play around.

Good Job IceBreakr.

Not to take anything away from IceBreakr, but this isn't his terrain! :yay:

Tupolov

(Maybe I need a sig!):D

Thanks for all the offers for beta testers and mission makers! That is really going to add to the quality of the map.

I'm still looking for 1 or 2 more mission makers (to share the load!), so if you want early access to this map and are willing to create at least 1 mission then let me know. I'm looking for mission makers with MP experience.

Current list of planned missions (let me know if you are willing to create one of them):

1. Special Forces raid to knock out AA sites (night mission using small team)

2. Fighter/Bomber mission to attack key sites/prepare for ground troops (mix of SF lazer targeting, air combat and bombing tasks)

3. Capture airfield using paratroopers (land in uninhabited salt lake area, heading west to capture airfield)

4. Mechanized Infantry assault on Nuclear Weapons facility (from airfield heading south to facility)

5. Search and destroy key research material/personnel hidden in locations through out farm land area to the south. (set of search/destroy tasks for SF/Ranger team)

6. Defend counter attack from Iranian forces (defend mission)

7. Extraction mission (heli rescue, LZ protection type tasks)

PM me if you can, thanks!

Tupolov.

Hey all,

I've been working on getting a suitable version in game and have provided to a few trusted people an Alpha version of the Qom Province add-on.

You can see the Alpha in game footage here:

sdqQ0zEyMu8

Still looking for beta testers and mission makers. I have a healthy group, but more the merrier!

Looking to have the Beta out sometime this weekend...

Cheers,

Tup