[Coop] Village Sweep v2

EDIT: 2-15-11 Newest Version of "Village Sweep" v2.4

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20010757/Village_Sweep_Dac_V2_4_rar

"Village Sweep"

coop mission...1-8 players Created by Nomadd

Required Mods:

The Unsung Mod

I am using DAC(script version).

The DAC zone problem as been solved, Groups now spawn in the jungle just fine.

In this new version I did away with the engineer class. No disabling traps and no mines. I will continue to work on them though.

Folks asked for a SP version. I left the AI enabled so you should be able to play either way.(you will need to play through MP though just set up a local lan)

I added villagers to the villages. If you kill them , depending on the paramaters, something will happen.

I made two versions , one with music and one with out. Since I am using the script version of DAC and with the music file, the mission was getting fat.

DAC stuff, for those not familiar with it

DAC Zones

Everything is Dynamic, the number, placement and makup of enemy units. Every time the mission is played it will be different. You may play one time and not get past the first LZ , then again you may play and breeze through

everything just because you never crossed pathes with the enemy groups.

DAC will now increase or decrease the number of enemy based on the number of players. More than 4 players more enemies, less than 4 players less enemies. I may need to tweak this, so feedback is welcome

DAC Dynamic Weather,

The weather will change during the mission, so it will always be different when the mission is played. You can set the weather in the paramaters, but during the mission DAC will take over and change it randomly

New paramaters:

Respawn or No Respawn,

Game is set to no respawn, but if you feel you want to play it with respawn , you can now turn that on in the paramaters. The respawn marker will move around as you complete tasks. You have no control of the respawn marker.

Revive is still the same. (Respawn will make it easier)

(default: NO)

Respawn Button Timer

(default: 60)

Set the delay until the respawn button will appear

Number of self heals for non-medics

(default: 5)

DAC AI skill level

(default: 3)

levels are 1-4 . 4 being the hardest.

Revive time limit

how long you will have to be revive

(default: 600)

Killing civilians penalty

Kill a civilian and the person that did it will: NO penalty, Take Damage or Die.

(default: Death)

Other Notes:

The more people that play, the longer is takes DAC to initialize. It is not a major difference but the more that play the more enemy units will be present on the map.

The Team Leader must be played. I gave the team leader the ability to teleport the group. It is just in case someone gets stuck or you have someone JIP. Once you and your team are dropped of at LZ Xray, the helo goes away.

This gives the team leader the ability to bring anyone joining late to your location with out restarting the mission.

I know things pop up on the screen, but I tried and make the mission easy to understand without haveing to open the map every couple of mins and read. Some people want to read the notes, others

hate reading the notes. So, I tried to flash important info on the screen.

When you sweep the village, you are looking for a weapons cache. It is there. You have to search for it and it is not easy to find(it will be in the red area on the map), plus it is randomly placed around the village. So each time you play it can be somewhere different.

For some reason whenever guys would die they would lost the satchel charges. I have no idea why, they would keep all of the other weapons they had selected. So, when you find the weapons cache, you will get an action of "Rig Cache to Blow"

just click on it and then get away. You can still use satchel charges or whatever, but this way you don't have to end the mission because of a bug.

This mission was not tested with ACE,Zeus or GL4. I don't see any problems with using those mods, but you may get a bug or two.

Any other bugs or problems just let me know.

Credits:

The Unsung Team

norrin

SHK

Deadfast

Silola

F2 Framework

Jeevz (IED script)

Murklor

Monty (ammo script)

Armaholic forums

BI forums

Edited by Nomadd

@kommiekat

I never play SP , so I didn't even think about it. I will have to give some thought as to how to make this mission SP friendly. Give me some time and I will see if I can come up with a SP version. I know it should be easy but I have things in the mission that are designed for a team of players to do and trying to get AI to do them will be very difficult.

Nomadd

Newest Version "Village Sweep" v2.4

Nomadd

Thanks for sharing your mission.

I have the Unsung Mod, and it's been working great with SP missions.

But when I load up your mission in Multi I get this error:

"You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. ca_modules_e_weather, cacharacters_e, camisc_e"

@sweep

Are you running Combined Operations? need both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

From those errors looks like you are just using Operation Arrowhead

Nomad

@sweep

Are you running Combined Operations? need both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

From those errors looks like you are just using Operation Arrowhead

Nomad

thanks a lot, that's definitely the issue. I'm actually just running UnSung with Arma2. I first attempted to run UnSung from within the Arrowhead folder but was unable to do it without errors. I moved it to Arma2 and it works fine....but now your mission requires CO, so now I'm confused.

I guess I'm not quite sure how to run a mod with Combined Operations. The only way I know how to start Combined Operations is through a Steam popup, since there isn't an exe within my folder for it. Usually I just make a shortcut from the exe and edit the target.

should be a .cmd file in your OA install; at the very bottom of that is your 'exe commandline'

:runs

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

or something like that; steam treats arma 2 like a modification run alongside OA basically. so after ca add a semicolon and add the rest of the mods you run; you can create a shortcut to the .cmd file on your desktop and run it like you would the regular arma 2 shortcut (if you launch combined ops within steam the cmd file still runs).

Modline example:

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@mod2;@mod3;@mod4" etc.

Apologies for going offtopic.

Back on topic; fun mission :)

thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.

Now I've got UnSung running with CO, and just loaded up Village Sweep for the first time!