Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Patch 1.56 Bug reports

Server patched to 1.56

Client patched to 1.56 aswell

After creating game it waits for host a few secs, then turns back to create game screen.

Error message that pops up:

Script ca\modules_pmc\functions\Campaign\fn_initIdentity.sqf not found

The problem is caused by the fact that the function is defined in CfgFunctions, but the file is not included in modules_pmc.

Normally this is fine, as long as nobody calls the function (BIS_fnc_.....).

However, in CBA, we preCompile all CfgFunctions at preInit, instead of compile Just-In-Time (on first use) like BIS original, and therefore you get the error always at startup.

I will cook up a quick solution, but it would be great if BIS would simply include the missing script file.

Another issue we just encountered. PMC lite on server aswell as on client. Tried to start the ARMEX mission on Chernarus but it throwed me back to "create game" screen. Other missions (tried Superpowers and a Deathmatch which are part of A2) started without problems.

Here you go, it is not signed atm, probably mostly required on dedicated server so not a problem in that case;

---SNIP--- Signed hotfix available at; http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1800649&postcount=29

I am guessing this is only needed for PMC LITE. I cannot test PMC FULL.

Final solution hopefully by BIS, we'll see next days.

Perhaps it also solves your latest mentioned problem Myke, let me know.

Edited by Sickboy

More 1.55 existing bugs will be fixed, also new 1.56 bugs.

Havent downloaded, my country time was GMT +8, waited whole day from 9am. Too bad, gotta test tmr.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

There must be a Hotfix again?

However, in CBA, we preCompile all CfgFunctions at preInit, instead of compile Just-In-Time (on first use) like BIS original, and therefore you get the error always at startup.

Link to obsolete file was removed in internal version, gonna be released in next patch.

One of the reasons why Function module is loading files only when requested is to prevent calling obsolete files which may not exist, like in this case. Also precompiling everything at the beginning might cause performance issues, that's why we chose not to do it.

I would recommend to revise the CBA structure, because current one doesn't seem to be flexible enough.

BTW: I remember having some problems with CBA during EW development, I hope it's not the same one :)

Edited by Moricky

I can report that the CBA hotfix provided by Sickboy solved the problems. Error message doesn't show up anymore and ARMEX loads and runs without issues so far.

Thanks Sickboy.

Link to obsolete file was removed in internal version, gonna be released in next patch.

One of the reasons why Function module is loading files only when requested is to prevent calling obsolete files which may not exist, like in this case. Also precompiling everything at the begonning my cause performance issues, that's why we chose not to do it.

I would recommend to revise the CBA structure, because current one doesn't seem to be flexible enough.

BTW: I remember having some problems with CBA during EW development, I hope it's not the same one :)

If a link exists to an obsolete file, the link should be removed, or the file should be added, like you have now announced.

Besides, it doesn't prevent calling anything, any user still calling the function, will get the same error ;)

CfgFunctions is a wonderful setup, and therefore we follow it gladly; http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/CfgFunctions

Only the JIT compilation is simply not helpful with a lot of functions and a scripting engine that schedules the execution of scripts depending on the load :D

The reason why we preCompile at preInit, is exactly performance related, and reverse as to what you mentioned.

At preInit, it is fine to spend some seconds to pre compile everything; the delay has no impact on the game.

Once you're in a mission, you should not want to spend valuable script-time on compiling.

Anything that is not an event (and running asynchronous) will be delayed because of the compilation.

The impact gets bigger depending on how many functions in the call-stack, need to be compiled.

This can have negative effects for your system, especially if you depend on the timing.

Additionally, the results can differ (between the first run, and subsequent runs).

Another issue with the original functions initialization is timing. With CBA, loading / initialization order is controllable, and if you require CBA, then all functions will be ready before your scripts will run.

With BIS original method the functions module could be ready now, or perhaps it's ready later, or perhaps it's ready very late. All scripts that need to use the BIS module, require a waitUntil {BIS_FNC_INIT} etc etc.

It'll probably work fine for small scripting projects, not so much for CBA / ACE or other serious projects.

The problem gets bigger once the scripting engine is heavily burdoned due to a lot of scripts used in a mission or in all the addons combined in use by the user. Nobody can foresee the mix of addons/scripts that are in use in missions or by addons in use by the user.

So we compile all-at-once, very quick during init-eventhandler, and enjoy no-delays the rest of the mission, as well as a controlled initialization order.

Edited by Sickboy

Good job with addressing the bug so fast. :yay:

So we compile once, and enjoy no-delays the rest of the mission.

Except of delays during every save and load, because all compiled functions are also saved.

We were measuring this long time ago and agreed that it's better to compile few functions during the game rather than spam save game files with plenty of unnecessary data, as game is saved more often than new functions are called.

Here you go, it is not signed atm, probably mostly required on dedicated server so not a problem in that case;

http://www.multiupload.com/8IPIMN78E1

i take it this goes in the CBA folder serverside and clientside?

error is there on both full and lite versions of PMC

will we see a signed version?

thx for the quick fix :)

Edited by anarcho

I get an 'Arma 2 OA has stopped working' when I launch the 'arma2oa.exe' (no active mods running) after installing 1.56 patch. I haven't tried installing the new DLC yet, it's still downloading with the sprocket downloader.

Except of delays during every save and load, because all compiled functions are also saved.

We were measuring this long time ago and agreed that it's better to compile few functions during the game rather than spam save game files with plenty of unnecessary data, as game is saved more often than new functions are called.

Sorry to continue offtopic, but...

Is it possible to disable serialization of compiled functions? Compiled functions are essentally global variables; maybe a way to disable serialization of specified variable names (which could be set to nil upon load) would allow for a solution. Or maybe compiling functions into their own namespace and disabling serialization of that? Recompiling the functions after loading may have potential dangers though (but also potential benefits; depends on how safely the functions are designed).

http://www.multiupload.com/8IPIMN78E1

Need .bisign for the pbp !

Ca\modules_pmc\functions\Campaign\fn_initidentity.sqf not found

getting this error each time when trying to load up a Multiplayer Mission on our server.

Have Depbo'd the Modules_pmc and checked to see if the file exists which i found doesn't wtf ???

As the thread title says, this thread is meant to report problems with the 1.56 patch. Everyone with the ability to read should be aware of this normally.

I removed all posts with such meaningful content as "Oh noez, not again BIS..." or "patch installed but game wont run got error". :rolleyes:

This is also not the place to have a discussion about BIS employees and how they do their work.

If you are unable to post detailed error reports then stay out of here, the same goes for everyone who thinks he must spam the forums to get his postcount up.

From now on +1 infraction for everyone spamming this thread with off-topic crap.

Either provide a detailed description of the problem or keep the problem for yourself.

I get an 'Arma 2 OA has stopped working' when I launch the 'arma2oa.exe' (no active mods running) after installing 1.56 patch. I haven't tried installing the new DLC yet, it's still downloading with the sprocket downloader.

I just checked problem details in Win 7. It said it was Dsound.dll that was faulty (from ACRE). I renamed it dsound.dll_OFF and voila - Arma2 runs again (with the new DLC).

I just checked problem details in Win 7. It said it was Dsound.dll that was faulty (from ACRE). I renamed it dsound.dll_OFF and voila - Arma2 runs again (with the new DLC).

I had the same, Jay pointed me to create a folder inside @JayArma2Lib, called "Auxillary".

Thankyou for the beta in relation to 1.55 which appeared to fix all but a few of my problem's, it seems now with the new PMC(Which is pretty cool by the way :)) and 1.56 patch im suffering from small white dots on trees and quite serious frame drops from 70's right down to low 20's(fraps) :(. Chernarus is again problematic...no lod issues with trees(it looks great) but unfortunately im lucky now if i get over 35 fps with my frames going as low as 15 :S... im tired of messing with my config and graphics settings continually, i have a middle of the range(imo) system which is more than adequate to run this..

core i7 920@3.6(AIR)ht on(always worked ok)

6gig ram

ssd40gb-win7 64 op sys

500gb seagate - arma 2 installation

850watt psu ocz gamerXtreme

4870x2

(no ctd's or bsod's!)

It has been running fine with previous patches after some amount of tweaking and in particular beta installation, what im after is someone that can possibly help me to fix this...i understand that all systems are different and they all respond differently to patches/updates...like i say 1.55 with last beta patch ran great...wasnt perfect but frames and stability were an improvement over 1.55 issues....thankyou for your efforts and hardwork BIS...it's appreciated ....

im using -exthreads=7 and cpucount=4, pp and aniso are off, vsync is off 2400 view distance, anti aliasing low, res1920x1080 3d res1920x1080,interface small,HDR Normal, very high for everything else...

I have trawled through the forum's for fixes in the past and had it working bang on...any helpful suggestions appreciated.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi your my only hope!;)

Edited by KrIxXuS

Krixxus got Zone Alarm or other security suite?

i have kaspersky but always switch my av and firewall off when the game's running and close any unwanted processes from task-manager...i guess i could be missing something which is affecting it :S

Edit:just to add im not using any mod's

02/12/2010: Not sure wether this is normal but i have been getting odd textures very briefly (only noticed in takistan so far) trees and vehicles...tested in multiplayer and singleplayer with same results..system temps are all normal and graphics card is not overheating...zoom in on the images to see what i mean... here>>

http://img413.imageshack.us/g/arma2oa2010120211045258.png/

Edited by KrIxXuS

After installing PMC and the 1.56 patch, when I tried to connect to the (also updated to 1.56) server it kicked me out, showing the error message:

"You were kicked from the game. Battleye: corrupted memory #0"

While this is of course a battleye problem, it did happen only AFTER I installed the patch and DLC, which points to them being the major culprit here.

I have looked through the .RPT but can't find anything directly relating to these kicks. I'm running the game on Windows7 Home Premium 64bit, a GTX470, 8GB RAM, i7 860 2.8ghz. Any logical explanation/semi-easy fix? I hope a re-install isn't the only answer, especially since I'm afraid I'd take ages installing and then encounter the very same problem. :P

!!!!! EDIT:

A serverside manual update of Battleye (download latest Battleye server update from the BE site and upload it to the battleye folder in the server arma2 root) will fix this problem!

Edited by Von_Lipwig
New developments

the .50 cal on the taki m113 now is listed as pkt instead of m2. 2000 rounds of 7.62 firing out of an m2 .50 cal. Dont think that was intended.