Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

Lingor Jungle SF - Rhodesy

Hey all, started these on Tuesday and am now at a release point. in short they are some special forces for lingor, they are going to be a part of a bigger mod that i am working on in my spare time between other projects, but i thought id release them now to give people something to use on lingor.

since ive only worked on them for 3 days they are bound to have bugs and lil problems. the textures are fairly simple as i will go back and rework them in the future.

since im slack as i put 6 hours straight into the mod this morning to get it released, ill just have the Readme here for the other details.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

ADDON : Rho_Jungle_SF made by Rhodesy

Version : 1.0

Release Date :25/11/2010

======================

REQUIRED ADDONS:

======================

ACE2*

*Note - only need ACE2 for the weapons, they should work fine without it but you just will need to make your own weapons load out.

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

Just some basic Lingor SF. Put together in 3 days so kinda rough around the egdes but its just to fill a gap till i put something bigger together.

==============================

CONTENT/FEATURES/CHANGES/BUGS :

Awesomeness...

CHANGELOG/BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES:

There will be bugs, it hasnt been overly tested.

-some NOHQ issues (old nohq) so some things may not look quite right (ie patches showing in the nohq that arnt actualy there lol)

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

jsf_tl - Teamleader

jsf_gl - Rifleman

jsf_saw - MG gunner

jsf_rto - Radio Op

jsf_med -Medic

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

The PBO and Sign files in the archive need to be extracted into your ArmA/Addons folder.

However the mod folder method is the better solution.

Copy the following URL into your browser to view a Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

Credits to

Johannes - Base models/textures.

Binkowski - Original gave me permissions + textures.

dasquade - alot of the head gear is by him.

Sabre - vest and gear textures redone by him, i only tweaked em.

Macadam Cow - some awesome screenshots for release

AEF clan - for early alpha testing and ideas.

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

This readme has been made by using the ArmedAssault.info Readme Generator.

======================

Pics:

======================

SFjungle08BI.jpg

SFjungle07BI.jpg

SFjungle06BI.jpg

SFjungle05-1.jpg

SFjungle04BI.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.multiupload.com/KOKMC80I5T

Thanks again guys

Rhodesy.

Finally a release!! Also can't wait to download it and try it on Lingor and Mana

Edit:

Why does the hand clips through the M203??

Edited by avengerzx

just a side note, those pics where taken with a alpha build, since then ive removed the MICH2001 and all USA flags, as they are ment to be Lingor SF lol, in the future ill prolly add a Lingor patch to em. also they are only equiped with basic M4's and kit.

anyway hope you all enjoy, i had fun making them and will prolly continue work on them a lil bit :)

Cheers

Rhodesy

I dont usually download weapon addons or units nor comment on them but I just had to say you did an amazing job editing your pictures. That last one on the first post danm near looks like a real photo. Great job. And since the tiger stripes remind me of my own Air Force ABU's i think ill grab these

well i cant take any credit for those pics, they are all done by Macadam Cow who i must agree, did a awesome job with them :)

Looks great Rhodesy! Will be downloading these when I get home.:)

What's the status of the units equipped with Ranger vests etc. you were making for Lingor you showed a while ago in the WIP thread?

@Lennard yer they are going to be the Lingor regulars, they are coming along, still messing around with em, looking for some decent camo. either going to keep em on wdl bdu's or make them their own cheap digi not sure yet. any help is welcome though as i got some vehicles in the works to :)

Really like the look of the units, really don't like the ACE2 requirement. Any chance of a simple re-config changing the weapons to vanilla Arma 2 variants to remove the ACE2 dependency? That would be great if you did. :D

Cheers m8 :)

I try those right now.

Edit:

It may looks better with the us patch on them.

Edited by Papanowel

Be advised that these units are not official Lingor ones, I'm doing those and I'm near the actual release. There are two sides:

GAL (Government Army of Lingor) and ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor). GAL will have regular troops, policemen, mercenary group Venator and specops. ARL will have rebels in various clothing, I'm also thinking adding druglord & his personal army.

Really like the look of the units, really don't like the ACE2 requirement. Any chance of a simple re-config changing the weapons to vanilla Arma 2 variants to remove the ACE2 dependency? That would be great if you did. :D

i have to aggree on the on this units look great and if you continued to work on them you might want to remove the Ace II dependancy, not that AceII is not a good mod but i play arma II and OA with my own combination mod without changes to the game play like ai and such ...

edit btw Icebreakr a little of topic but i love your lingor ise ;-)

Be advised that these units are not official Lingor ones, I'm doing those and I'm near the actual release. There are two sides:

GAL (Government Army of Lingor) and ARL (Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor). GAL will have regular troops, policemen, mercenary group Venator and specops. ARL will have rebels in various clothing, I'm also thinking adding druglord & his personal army.

this will give a good scenery for like navy seal druglord take outs like in columbia and such things

Edited by KBourne

@*Zipper5* atm i wont be doing a Non ACE config, 1 cus myself and my clan use ace, and they are the reason i really did this project, and 2 becuase its just weapons, thats it, so you can still use it but they will just spawn without weapons, so just dont be lazy and make ya own load out :P

@Icebreakr, yer sorry really should have made that clear lol, these are in no way, shape or form connected to icebreakr or his team, sorry for any confusion :)

It gives error messages about the missing weapons, though, and if I was to use them in a mission then I don't think people playing it would appreciate being greeted with an error when they start, even if the mission is still playable. :p

That's a shame, I would have liked to use them in possible projects I have in the works on Lingor.

Edited by Zipper5

@*Zipper5* atm i wont be doing a Non ACE config, 1 cus myself and my clan use ace, and they are the reason i really did this project, and 2 becuase its just weapons, thats it, so you can still use it but they will just spawn without weapons, so just dont be lazy and make ya own load out :P
If its just weapons, then why not have a non dependent version? Seems a little restrictive and awkward to me for mass distribution.

If it was made just for clan then why distribute to the masses as a release with a restriction? The restriction being install a complete 1 gig or slightly less total conversion mod just to use its weapons config, plus the use of this in MP missions on non ace servers (there are many).

But its your work, and they do look great, not knocking you mate, just seems odd to not have a non dependent version for allot of people who want to enjoy your work but then wont (zippers reply for example plus the subtle ball ache of setting loadouts to test them). Screens look great too, nice shots.

For the record I use ACE but it was just a thought.

Edited by mrcash2009

@Icebreakr, yer sorry really should have made that clear lol, these are in no way, shape or form connected to icebreakr or his team, sorry for any confusion :)

Would you take issue to someone else making a non ace config and offering it as part of the package? These are very nice units and it would be a shame to not have them available to all

Nice Tigerstripe!! I love it

But why do they have a US Flag on the helmet??

Heh, I've never seen tiger stripe in BDU cut before. Awesome! :D

Quite useful stuff. I've used the modern one when playing airsoft. My buddies said i was hard to spot because there were lots of shadows where i've been hiding and it was getting dark ( + for me ).

Edited by Enforcer1975

Yer if some1 wants to get in contact with me to create a seperate non ace config then please do so and i will put it into the next release (most likely a few days). till then it will stay as is, mainly cus im pretty busy atm in both rl and with other arma projects (Rangers, other Lingor stuff and some secret stuff :P )

but yer if some1 is willing to get into contact with me to do it the great :)