Sign in to follow this  
cpt.Nipsukka

Tripwire

So im making a mission where i need enemies to step on tripwires, but they just go around them no matter the waypoint goes straight through them, and if they are surrounded by the tripwires they dont move at all.. I have tried to lower the AI skill level but doesnt help :mad: is there anyway to make them step into the tripwires? Its in FDF mod im not sure if tripwires are in original..

Edited by cpt.Nipsukka

That's a known bug in FDF mod, as far as I know, and I don't think there's a way to make the AI ignore and walk into them. That's just how the AI works - tries to avoid walking into objects.

That's just how the AI works - tries to avoid walking into objects.

Most of the time :D

why tripwires? why not use simple triggers instead? CoC Mines has a pretty good guide for setting up tripwires with triggers and a good selection of mines to use along with them...

why tripwires? why not use simple triggers instead? CoC Mines has a pretty good guide for setting up tripwires with triggers and a good selection of mines to use along with them...

I downloaded CoC Mines and followed the instructions but in the trigger where i need to type: this && "Land" countType > 0 it says "Type Bool, expected nothing" u know whats wrong with it? :D

I downloaded CoC Mines and followed the instructions but in the trigger where i need to type: this && "Land" countType > 0 it says "Type Bool, expected nothing" u know whats wrong with it? :D

It's probably

this && "Land" countType thislist > 0

vektorboson is right. this && "Land" countType thislist > 0 is the correct syntax.

also, I'm not sure in which one, but Mapfact released a pack with mines in it too and if I remember correctly it had tripwire flares as well.

still, all you need is a trigger and a camCreate script and you can make an entire minefield with minimum effort and max effect :)