Sign in to follow this  
bracer

Emita City

I want to present the map called Emita that I'm working on.

Basicly it consists of a small city and some surroundings.

It's made with MOUT in mind, so I'm trying to place alot of enterable buildings in the city.

Have a peak at these videos and you'll get the idea:

dUNcPQbWS1k

Using Charons excellent mod, the Undead.

yXADa0y3i9g

Still lots of work to do!

For example suburbs, airfield, industrial areas, docks, ground textures, details etc...

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

Cheers

Edited by bracer

youtube says: "This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country."

:(

got screens or sumthin else i can look at?

Cool. Reminds me of Ensk island by Sarmat.

Good luck with this.

Oh, I guess you're from Germany then Bad Benson? :)

I'll change the music and make them available!

Yeah, seems so according to youtube!

But the music is soon switched, then you should be able to watch it.

Here's an older video for you Benson:

Edited by bracer

nice. thx. what's the music in that video, sounds like a psychadelic jazz version of the pulp fiction theme song.

Nice island you got here so far. I added the screens you had posted in the other thread into Armaholics week report.

Will be nice to have a totally industrial city map with just a few small houses.

nice. thx. what's the music in that video, sounds like a psychadelic jazz version of the pulp fiction theme song.

Haha! It's just some random stuff I recorded longtime ago, guitars and midi!

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Nice island you got here so far. I added the screens you had posted in the other thread into Armaholics week report.

Will be nice to have a totally industrial city map with just a few small houses.

Cool!

Thanks man!

Cool!

Thanks man!

No prob ;)

Anytime you have any updates just send me a pm here or at Armaholic (I have the same username there).

And if you open a topic there, I can post more news about! :cool:

Here is some new screenshots! Still very much wip.

28671272.th.jpg

44349878.th.jpg

59184209.th.jpg

43055217.th.jpg

11aq.th.jpg

wow nice. that rail station reminds of the first hidden and dangerous.

Always wonderful to see more urban map projects. Will this be the first Western Urban City themed island for A2? I think so.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Here's some (sadly, rather low quality) images of what the suburbs are gonna look like.

And a view along one of the main streets through the city center.

Thanks to Bushlurker I got some good old ArmA buildings with interiors to work, which meens a greater variation of enterable buildings.

Unfortunatly the AI doesn't seem to be able to enter the Hotel... :butbut:

69183345.jpg

88218258.jpg

94703195.jpg

19920871.jpg

Yep they are looking very good. Is that third picture showing off the downtown district? Those skyscrapers should be spaced out, since they seem to be grouped together closely.

I have some questions,

1. I've seen some videos and it seems the city is partially destroyed? Will there be a "clean" version where everything is intact?

2. Are you going to use any custom building packs? I think there is a US Building Map pack being worked on, ALSO, check out this Urban Pack made by charon, it has a good selection of western city models for your city.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104103

Thanks for the input guys!

1. I've seen some videos and it seems the city is partially destroyed? Will there be a "clean" version where everything is intact?

Yes, it's partially destroyed!

I don't have any plans for making a clean version, yet.

My reasons for making it partially is:

-I like the look of it! :) And infantry battles among blownout buildings are fun.

-I think the destroyed buildings saves some performance while still being buildings with "interiors". So instead of using those boxy buildings with just textures to keep the Fps up, I prefer blownout buildings that you can enter and hide in.

-It's all about variation, since there isn't so many multistory buildings.

Agree? Feel free to share your thoughts!

2. Are you going to use any custom building packs? I think there is a US Building Map pack being worked on, ALSO, check out this Urban Pack made by charon, it has a good selection of western city models for your city.

Yeah, I have considered it. I haven't tested Charons pack yet, but among the other packs I've tested, there's only one or two buildings that I've been interested in (the few with interiors). And I don't think it's worth adding another 100mb to the addon for one or two new buildings. I want to be able to use atleast 50% of the pack in that case!

If I'm gonna use custom buildings without interiors then they have to be rather high quality to fit among the A2 buildings.

But I gladly accept single buildings if someone wants to have some custom buildings in this map!

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Yep they are looking very good. Is that third picture showing off the downtown district? Those skyscrapers should be spaced out, since they seem to be grouped together closely.

Good point! Yes, they are grouped too close, mostly in the same street block...

Will move them around a bit!

Thanks again!

i like the look of it too. I mean, it's a military simulator, this city is supposed to be under siege lol :)

Just imagine those buildings were destroyed and the 'war' is still going on.. unless you want to send in construction workers to get shot at, then...

The look is good for war missions...Primarily I like making missions with the undead mod, so I like to populate the city and make it come to life then as the undead start taking over, I have explosions and stuff from the chaos on that gives the city "that destroyed look"

For those skyscrapers, you could group them like this

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/Raserisk/Untitled-1.png

Then you would have a courtyard which you could put a fountain in? Otherwise you can just spread them more far apart. lol.

^ good idea , that way you can still keep the symmetrical look without looking like you ran out of objects.

Yeah, good idea! I should make more courtyards, with market stands and stuff in between the buildings.

I see what you meen, the destroyed parts will indeed have limited usage in missions.

I will try to repair as much as possible as soon as I see how the performance turns out when the city has reach the intended size.

Else I will compensate by making the destroyed/ghetto areas look good with stuff you can't create in the editor,

like destroyed houses with walls still standing, bomb craters and mud textures. :cool:

Alright! Sounds wonderful! Glad to be of assistance to your project. Do you have a map to show us how big the city will be?