Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

co9_GhostRecon_flame_pillar

Armaholic mirror:

- Flame Pillar Co-09

Hello BIS members

This is my second mission for Arma2 - I made over 40 missions for Ghost Recon and my goal was to bring GR to Arma2 or vice versa. I think this one makes the grade and hopefully some beta testers will be happy to see how it plays out.

Dedicated Server - this has been built and tested for dedicated servers so can be played in local MP or dedi.

Addons - none. I want to make my missions easily accessible to all so all you need is OA or Comined Ops.

Extras -

UPSMON script

Norrin's Revive (set to one respawn and medic only revive)

Join in Progress

Pre-set kits for each class (no ammobox for this - your class determines your loadout)

Auto-scaling mission - mission built for 9 - but if 5 players or less then the mission removes several OPFOR units.

Version - 1.0

Briefing - Mission: Flame Pillar

Gather round Ghosts and listen carefully - it looks like coalition forces are preparing to commence Operation: Desert Sieze in a matter of

days and will attempt to take control of Zargabad. They will be assault Zargabad from the West and attempt to secure the airport, and following

that, the rest of the city. You Ghosts will play a key role in preparing the way for them.

Your first objective is to secure the oil refinery situated north-west of Zargabad at Nango and shut down the oil pipelines. The refinery is

the fuel supply source for Takistan forces and disabling this supply line should bring their transport operations to a grinding halt. The

refinery is well-protected and a military outpost to the west of the refinery at Azizayt will probably send reinforcements once it goes hot.

You may wish to secure the outpost prior to your assault on the refinery - your choice. Either way, neutralising these opfor should make

life easier for coalition forces when they commence their assault on Zargabad.

Once inside the refinery grounds, you should look for two buildings which supply electricity to the complex. These building should be

clearly marked with Electrical Warning signs. Attached to the rear of each building is a small generator and you must destroy both of

these generators to shut down the oil supply lines.

Your second objective is equally as important as the first. Intel has obtained satellite images of an artillery battery in the fields

due west of Zargabad airport and you must find and destroy these howitzers before Operation Desert Siege kicks off. I don't need to tell

you what those guns would do to our men as they made their assault from those barren hills.

One more thing men - there are civilians living in the shanty towns so watch your fire. We don't want to piss off the people we are trying

to help - this military operation is difficult enough already. Once you have completed your objectives - head to the EZ and wait for

your exfil orders.

Sound simple enough? Alright Ghosts - go and grab your kits - your transport leaves in 2 hours.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

DL'ing now, looks great i applaud your efforts already, many thanks

Kind regards Jeza

apparently some problems with this on the dedi sorry - i will investigate.

Enjoyed this mission, thanks, good fun sneaking around at night :)

Hoping for a sequel...

Cheers

Edited by Mandrake5

might have been us that screwd up, but any hints on the exfil?