Sign in to follow this  
Fenna

World cup 2002

Roll up roll up world cup 2002 commences on the 31st May.

A few of us (well, 32 of us) have entered a sweepstake, everyone pays a quid, if our randomly chosen team wins the world cup, we take all the money.

The team I have ended up with is <span style='font-size:31pt;line-height:100%'>Denmark!</span>

Who do you think is gonna win ? tounge.gif

Uhm, Belgium ofcourse !

I reckon that France, Italy and Argentina are going to battle it out amongst them smile.gif

Well I think either France, Italy or Argentina.

er.. or England

LOL look at the times of those posts !! tounge.gif

You are totally wrong: Sweden of course biggrin.gif

Seriously, pehaps France, Argentina or Croatia

France have got Barthez in goal so they'll be lucky to get out of the groups. If England have Beckham the Argies and Swedes will lose. Have watched Veron, apparently one of Argentina's best, all season, and he aspires to mediocrity at Manchester United. Beckham will be the difference for England and if Owen and Gerrard are playing well that gives England enough to be in win a shout. France are also missing Pires. Spain should never be written off, though somehow they always manage to be poor, and Italy have been crap for ages, just look at their poor showing in the champions league for the last two years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ May 02 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hooligans! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That is quite tasteless, especially considering what happened to David Niven.  mad.gif

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fenna @ May 02 2002,23wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Croatia?!<span id='postcolor'>

They came in third (bronze medal) last WC. They seem to have a good team this year and they won't be meeting any too hard teams in the group games.

BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ... BRASIL ...

foto23.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">warhelis-1-fl_album4.jpeg<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if they play like that, then sure biggrin.gif

I hope for Swedens players to be in topform - then we got a decent chance (I can today reveal that we have infiltrated Englands team very discrete and secretly; everyone (including Seaman) will attack Engalnds goal wink.gif )...

If someone mysteriously manages to beat Sweden sad.gif, I think of a final between France and Argentina.

France definitely has the edge since it's last time champ.

UK suffers loss of Beckham, but still no dead lion.

Brazil is traditionally strong, despite recent flops.

so this is a very hard thing to bet. But if i had to bet on one, Brazil is

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ May 03 2002,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ May 02 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hooligans! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That is quite tasteless, especially considering what happened to David Niven.  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hhmm...doesn't ring a bell, but i suppose he is the one who was vicitm of hooligan's violent act...sorry for that...kinda tried to be cynical for a change

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ May 03 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ May 03 2002,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ May 02 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hooligans! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That is quite tasteless, especially considering what happened to David Niven.  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hhmm...doesn't ring a bell, but i suppose he is the one who was vicitm of hooligan's violent act...sorry for that...kinda tried to be cynical for a change<span id='postcolor'>

He's the guy that was beaten so badly by German hooligans that he is completely paralyzed from below the neck. He was in the news and everywhere. France '98.

Yeah and everyone thinks its only england fans who are hooligans.

Talking of hooligans, seen whats happened at milwall?

Grr makes me so mad, seeing tv footage if stupid dumbass skinheads kicking and throwing thnigs at the police horses. Something like 23 of them were injured. What kind of a wuss attacks the horses jsut because their team lost mad.gif

As for the world cup, I always say England will win. Because they will. Honest.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ May 03 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Talking of hooligans, seen whats happened at milwall?

Grr makes me so mad, seeing tv footage if stupid dumbass skinheads kicking and throwing thnigs at the police horses. Something like 23 of them were injured. What kind of a wuss attacks the horses jsut because their team lost  mad.gif

As for the world cup, I always say England will win. Because they will. Honest.<span id='postcolor'>

You guys can't even beat us confused.gif How can you win the WOrld Cup if you can't beat Greece confused.gif

lol, btw, Italy is gonna win the cup

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ May 03 2002,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">UK suffers loss of Beckham, but still no dead lion.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL dumbass