Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

co9_Castle Day

Updated - Armaholic mirror:

- Castle Day Co-09 v1.8

Hello BIS members

This is my first mission for Arma2 but I made over 40 missions for Ghost Recon and my goal was to bring GR to Arma2 or vice versa. I have been messing with the editor for a long time now and didn't want to release until I felt I had a mission worthy for release. I think this one makes the grade and beta testers seem to be happy with how it plays out. This is a remake of Witch Fire from Ghost Recon which took place on the infamous Castle map of Ghost Recon.

Dedicated Server - this has been built and tested for dedicated servers so can be played in local MP or dedi.

Addons - none. I want to make my missions easily accessible to all so all you need is Arma2 or Comined Operations.

Extras -

UPSMON script

Norrin's Revive (set to one respawn and medic only revive)

Randomly placed objectives

Join in Progress

Pre-set kits for each class (no ammobox for this - your class determines your loadout)

Version - 1.7

Briefing - Operation Witch Fire

Listen up Ghosts - satellites have detected major Russian troop movements on the Northern border of Chernarus near Pobeda Dam. It appears that the Russsians are preparing for another major assault and we need to neutralise the attack before it happens. Fortunately, the satellite images have revealed the location of a Russian forward command post at Devil's Castle, the medieval fortress a few miles North of the airbase. Your primary objective is to infiltrate the HQ and recover any intel detailing Russian battle plans.

You will insert at dawn when Russian forces are least prepared for an attack but move carefully and Watch for patrols. There has been a lot of troop movement over the last 48 hours and armor units have been sighted moving through the AO.

We have intercepted radio transmissions from Devil's Castle and your second objective is to find and disable this transmitter. You would be wise to do this early - if you let the Russian garrison radio for help you could have a major firefight on your hands. You will require explosive ordinance to destroy it.

Finally, one of the armor units is a mobile SAM site which has been painting aircraft as they leave the airbase. Fortunately, none of our aircraft have been targeted yet, however, until this threat is eliminated our air assets will remain grounded. Destroying this SAM site will be your final objective for this mission.

Good luck men - get her done.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

hmmm, you might want to make it an .pbo before shearing it though ;)

have had a short play @this with a friend, and it looks, and feels good, ty.

Would have loved an CO version of it though, with the upgraded weponds that are in there ( with laser markers ie ), but it's not a biggie.

Keep up the good work, and hope to see more in the same line!

oh shit lol - i just realised i dint upload the pbo version.

will sort that out and will look at implementing the CO version of it with weapons and the laser sights.

well, personaly i'm in love with the mk17 series ;)

hello lightspeed, nice to see that you finally uploaded an arma2 mission. :bounce3:

tek´s will go for it on thursday evening!

the updated file is in original post - a couple of issues on the old file and it wasnt even a pbo lol -

this mission will scaled opfor based on numbers of players in coop - 5 or less and it will remove for groups (16 opfor) from the mission to make it manageable.

enjoy.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust