Sign in to follow this  
slatts

OA:un-pbo tool not working

hey lads, ive noticed my un-pbo isnt working for arrowhead, but arma2 addons are fine

no sure if this has been answered before, i searched but couldnt see any, if so please link me

so has anyone else been able to over come this? or is their a tool ive over-looked?

P.S. my tool is by amafli..pretty old and simple but did the job hehe, also admins..please move to proper section if this shouldnt be here

I use the latest version of kegety's cPBO. It can be found here, just scroll down to ArmA tools. Quite a few pbo opener tools had to be updated for Arrowhead it seems, not sure what's changed in the format but I guess something has.

kegety's cPBO. dont work on my PC !

Have you updated it? Have you double clicked the .exe (which you only ever need to do once, to set .pbo files to be opened by it) and then double clicked the .pbo to extract it? Have you applied the registry fix that removes the .pbo association with ArmA II?

cheers for the tips lads

EDIT: this tool http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=416

doesnt seem to extract the files

Nevermind, It doesn't for for me either. I thought I opened one of the PBO's from OA, but I guess not. BIS using some sort of a new encryption?

Edited by Nicholas

I use cpbo and I run windows 7, works perfectly BUT I had to re identify the files by going into my registry and clearing out anything with .pbo, then re running the program to identify the pbo's.

Keygety's cPBO only works well with XP and I don't recommend using it unless your on XP.

That's a seriously ill advised and completely untrue recommendation. cPBO works flawlessly on XP, Vista and Windows 7, even 64bit.

That's a seriously ill advised and completely untrue recommendation. cPBO works flawlessly on XP, Vista and Windows 7, even 64bit.

confirmed

double confirmed, plus what NodUnit said...

search registry for .pbo (dotpbo) and delete all references - reboot, install cpbo (latest version!!!) - reboot again - should work fine ... depbo by doubleclicking, repbo with right click menu...

B

Cant seem to get it to work. The creation of pbo files works fine, but i cant extract files. I changend the original execute file from OA to cPbo but doesnt do anything. Any thoughts on what im doing wrong?

Edit : forgot the the Folder\ registry.

Its all right there in the readme :p

Edited by arkengel

Hey everyone, I downloaded Kegetys cPbo tool kit, but I can't seem to figure it out, I ran the .exe and tried to extract Warfare2.pbo and got nothing, the command prompt popped up then disappeared. Also for the life of me can't figure out the Folder/registry part. I would greatly appreciate the help, thanks much!

Dl latest Kegetys and did what i was supposed to.

DBL click just opens up and then blink of..

Right click no menus..

Whats wrong...

Vista 32

PS: If i dont ass pbo files with cPBO, A2OA starts when DBL click pbo files..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Hopefully someone will update a GUI depbo file tool or will make a new one that works with all other BIS pbo format from OFP to OA.

;1709594']Dl latest Kegetys and did what i was supposed to.

DBL click just opens up and then blink of..

Right click no menus..

Whats wrong...

Vista 32

PS: If i dont ass pbo files with cPBO' date=' A2OA starts when DBL click pbo files..[/quote']

1. Remove all associations for .pbo.

2. Search registry for .pbo and remove entries

3. re-run cpbo

should be working

1. Remove all associations for .pbo.

2. Search registry for .pbo and remove entries

3. re-run cpbo

should be working

And ill be able to both play and EDIT after??

Just removing the PBO associations won't kill playing (or editing) ArmA or OA

To be honest, the thing BIS added where you can double-click a PBO file and get it to sort-of start ArmA and auto load the PBO ..... I think is just a friggin pain in the arse.

But, just a small word of warning with this whole thing.

- I did what people described months ago when BIS first screwed CPBO, and it worked

- I did it again recently when a patch re-screwed it, and it didn't work

- I retried, still failed

- I tried the Reg file method, still failed

- sort of gave up, but then I discovered MY BULDOZER was screwed !! Won't start.

- Tried all sorts of things to fix, but in the end I had to reload the BIS tools again :(

I now use PboView

I have felt your pain Gnat, that is why I'm hoping for and update dePBO tool. I have always used PBOViewer as it is simple and straight forward but it don't seem to get all of them. I tried depboing the Plants_e with it, no dice.

Thanks Gnat for the tip on the PBOviewer. I had the same problem as you Gnat. NOTHING worked. But finally PBOviewer works. I was going out of my mind for awhile.

Go use PBO view its the best

if you cant run it its becaus eyou need framework 2.0 , that you can get easily for free , fro mgoogle " you know download farmeworks 2.0 for free "

indeed, Cpbo doesn't work anymore, but pboview seems to be working again.

Edit: I spoke too soon, pboview doesn't seem to work either. Anyone got any news on this?

Edited by arkengel