Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Tool for infinitely creating dynamic battlefronts and ultimate free roaming experience.

Version 7.0d available for download.

WICT trailer / demo

5z4I9VhmVUI

I am looking for talented and creative people to make new WICT trailer!

Official WICT homepage and manual

I am happy to announce that WICT has new homepage. Please visit it for download and instructions.

This page will serve as online manual and snippet database. I intend to make a large Wiki with your questions and my answers, and to make it available for edit.

As I stated on the first page: please make sure that you write only confirmed and working codes, examples and snippets.

For discussions and suggestions use this thread or Discussion pages on Wikia (you have it on every page).

Again many thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

news_download_a2_4.png

World In Conflict Tool

Xi0PY-APshI

u0FCnc2CAzw

sjRKHJCbBHI

WICT base online configurator WICT v5.0 and later

Missions:

1. Into the hills (Panthera) v1.2a // Armaholic mirror
  2. The Road to the Altar (Chernarus) v1.0 by zapat // Armaholic mirror
  3. Hornet's nest v2.0 -- free-roam sandbox (GTA-like) campaign for Chernarus // Armaholic mirror : Hornet's nest Co-55 (@)
  4. [sP][Chernarus] - Timebender - {exploration, action, sci-fi} by zapat

The easiest settings you’ve ever made – easy installation, implementation and settings – add this module, setup and play, no need to sync with player.

Just wanted to say A2H that I put the newest version of WICT.utes onto my dedi and it was FLAWLESS without me doing any tweaking!

Good job mate !

The template will work on any island, it only depends on the version of Arma you are running.

E.G. which troops are meant to be spawned.

If you have ArmaII use the Utes template.

If you have Arrowhead only use my template.

If Combined Ops then combine them [ArmAIIholic remark].

Just copy and past the files to the mission folder and merge the template with your mission on what ever island you are using.

Then move the bases to where you want them.

I've just played more of this last night and it has bucket loads of potential! I don't know how you kept this one quiet until release.
Now where the hell did this one come from?!?! :)

I've been looking for such war experience from the beginning of ARMA2's presence and this one seems to be around like what: a week? And seems to just hit the nail in the head...

Extreme potential when mixing this with some scripted stuff I guess although I've only played a bit with the example mission in the editor.

Thanks man!

This module is possibly one of the best things to happen to Arma! I love how powerful and customizable it is!
chaotic as in great epicness!!! i roll in with my lav to take the airport and just by random dice roll blufor rolled cobras which flew overhead on strafing runs countering the opfor reinforcements as 2 CDF bmp2 raced past laying waste to everything in their path
thx ArmAIIholic for making this release ... WICT becomes bigger and better with every update, it's nearly as an "editor for the editor", so perfect for family dads like me who don't have so much time for detailed scripting ... it's like playing LEGO with my kids :-)
Thank you so much! This works great! The more I use this, the more impressed I am with how powerful this module really is. Once again, great work!
Excellent work again ArmAIIholic.

A work of art is what it is.

A2H,

This v2.32 is absolutely fantastic. (...)

Anyways, it is kinda a childhood dream coming true for me: I've always wanted to play a "shooter" game the way it is possible now. ARMA2 vanilla was close enough, but this mod is THE solution... So thanks again.

Dynamically created battlefronts – experience battlefronts that are not scripted – they are everywhere.

It is the same as mix of World in Conflict and Mercs with factions going around and taking bases and capturing neutral sectors, defending these sectors, patrolling around or going into global assault to act like reinforcements and help their teammates to capture other bases.

All of that no matter what you do. It is a living breathing world. You can stand in one place and just watch the messages pop on the screen:

"We captured the base",

"We lost the base",

"Enemy has captured neutral sector"

etc.

You can use it for SP/COOP/PvP.

It will give you dynamic battlefronts like you've never seen before, not just random spawning without meaning.

(...)

This video is long and has four parts:

1) WiC introduction

2) Soldier perspective of WICT -- 1:37 -- some light settings

3) Over the field view -- first gameplay -- 3:00

4) Over the field view (IMO best part!) -- second gameplay with same starting settings, but completely different development of events -- 6:00, i.e. to show you the dynamics and completely different spawning set based on true dice roll (like RPG).

At the very end there is "satellite" view, so you can clearly see the magnitude of the battlefield (although, like with many other settings in WICT, there is absolutely no limit!).

Of course, this module supports complete randomness (there is auto settings option), but also making sectors like infantry, specops, tanks, small camps, or huge bases, etc.

Well, i think i just had one of my best FPS gaming experiences using this in Zargabad! it was an eerily believable battle :D ive finally spent some quality time with it and got the basics, all i did was lay down 2 opposing bases and configured them relatively close with mostly infantry threw it on LAN and presto! awesome!

Turn-based spawning system brings new strategy dimension to the gameplay. Watch enemies’ movement, but also watch your teammates – you are not alone, use that as an opportunity.

No predefined locations – every inch of the map is potential spawning point and, the most important, battlefield. It’s completely free roam compatible. Every spawning point is calculated during the gameplay taking into consideration various parameters in order to create a battlefront and objective driven battles.

No predefined pathways – every class has its own FSM script that will evaluate the situation upon spawning and setup waypoints and goal – AI is finding the path on its own in order to accomplish that goal.

Safe, hot, tampon and directional zones for true free roam experience in ArmA.

13 different classes you can setup and modify for each base. This module is completely open for adding custom teams and squads, vehicles, loadouts… for ArmAII and ArmAII:OA.

It is not all about you -- this is a world that will go on with or without you. Both sides will try to break the opponents frontline and capture the base. Both sides will try to capture neutral sectors and turn them into their vantage points.

No caching units. Still you can deploy particular number of units or just let the script make warfare for you. It’s fully compatible with any mission created in the editor. And above all it doesn't spawn just anywhere randomly - usage of the game resources is carefully observed and every spawned unit will play its role.

Stable version, tested, without bugs, mainly designed through FSM, ensures that spawning is accurate all the time.

This script is fully based on 360ISM I created before.

Version 7.0d -- 24 April 2011

Thanx to zapat we have new fixed version for spawning winged aircrafts!

Version 7.0d -- 26 March 2011

Thanx to Shad0wCatcher's tremendous effort we got templates for WICT.

Readme is included already for proper installation for folks. Faction list as follows:

-- BAF Woodland / MTP / Desert DPM vs Insurgents / Russia / Takistani Army

-- USMC vs Insurgents / Russia / Takistani Army

-- CDF vs Insurgents / Russia / Takistani Army

-- All include ACE and Non-Ace versions

-- improved autoFlag -- other factions can no longer capture the flag accidentally

-- planes will not crash, nice clean drop out of supplies + ammo boxes will be now properly spawned and unlocked

-- removeBody.sqf won't use eventHandlers

-- I added more centers in init.sqf

-- placement radius workaround is now properly working (thanx to psvialli persistence) in Murklor's script

-- new time shifter - clouds are still moving with increased speed, but I fine tuned it so they move smoothly and fluently, so it is more natural, speed is fine tuned and there is periodical synchronization with server, so it ensures stable time flow on all clients

-- added ambient artillery by Igneous01

-- improved core script performance when all players are dead - WICT will continue spawning units!

It took great time to develop this, I am sure you have 30 sec to make a comment - to keep this thread on top if you like it and provide me some feedback to make it even better.

Sincerely,

ArmAIIholic

Edited by ArmAIIholic

This sounds like something I could work with, thanks for sharing!

This sounds bananas! I gotta check this out for sure. Thank you!

A few notes:

I think that best probability combination (to start with) is : 45, 35, 10, 5, 5 . I played a little bit, found that I definitely have to tweak troop transport -- for example I will put 2 Humvees in a convoy, or one truck with full cargo with mixed units! And I will have to increase their speed.

I had interesting situation that USMC tank captured the base, and later on soldiers so it is working. And it will be awesome on large scale map :D :D :D

Ones I import neutral sectors and capturing and holding, this will be huge.

Thank you community and all of you people.

[sOLVED]

There is a slight problem with trigger in the safe zone. The command player in thislist doesn't work when player enters the vehicle, strange but it seams it's not in the list anymore. So the conclusion is that all triggers should be grouped with player and his team.

I will test it when I get back from vacation.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Hey A2H-

Sounds very cool!

Regarding the situation where a player enters a vehicle, then not appearing in thisList - as I recall, there is a way around that. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but when you get back, remind me, and I'll see if I can find it. :)

Well done!

Thank you all, keep coming back with comments.

--Change log--

-- Safe zone is working properly

-- Russian base should be harder to take

-- Little bit larger flag zones, so player doesn't have to come extremely close to capture the flag

-- Fixed bad spawning of East regular infantry

Cheers

Edited by ArmAIIholic

i think you should post this in user mission no ?

no M1n1d0u it is a module / addon, but it has a short demo. the tutorials will be similar, just a short demonstration of how to setup this module

Thanx Foxhound that's fantastic. I wish you can see smile on my face. Great man, thanx :D

You have my complete gratitude.

(vehicle player) in thislist

Hope that helps? It always returns the player vehicle, be it the unit, or a 'vehicle'.

This mod sounds fantastic and that code you posted Rommel, should it be placed on the vehicle init line?

So far I'm not understanding what else to do from the *.pdf file that comes with this module. I start form the beginning and get to the 3.2 Making HOT zone section, from here the instructions say to put the player outside of the trigger... I don't know how this is possible with already having the player inside the safe zone.

no no no no NO.

Why must you put to of my favorite games together?

I love u for making scripts for ARMA II, but I hate you for fusing WIC with ARMA II.

I have this love hate relationship for you LOL.

oh well, Nice tool and scripting on the other hand. Keep up the good work. All we need are some scripts for better armor on tanks. And more tanks. Like how WIC has a Light Med and Heavy option.

P.S : Do you play WIC?

Edited by Haystack15

CrazyAce I am really sorry man. In about 10 hours I am going to vacation, so I didn't have time to post full manual. I will do it when I come back, it's only 10 days.

However, here is answer for you. In the demo I provided the player is placed inside trigger, that's true. Nevertheless, you can also make HOT zone. For example, imagine that you want to make ambush site. You will turn off the script (by calling quit.sqs) and then when player enters the zone you will activate it again. You can combine several approaches. What I am trying to say is that it isn't necessary to start the script immediately. The safe/hot zone was originally part of 360 infinite spawning system, but there was no reason for me to remove it. I will make demo missions presenting each one of the features when I come back, so it will be clear how to use it. Until then I posted this module because it's finished and thought people can play with it and experiment.

Now, Haystack15 you are not the first one to say that. I've got a PM with such comment so here is my reply. Yes I played WiC and it's on my shelf, it has a special place. What I wanted is to make free-roaming mission that has exact atmosphere that WiC has. I wrote about that in Sandboxing ArmAII and recently I finished the module 360ISM. WICT is a spontaneous sequel.

I know that WiC is RTS and A2 and WICT are FPS. But there is one thing I admire the most - atmosphere. It is honor for me to make this mod and call it WiC(T).

The atmosphere should be like you started WiC and switched to first person - you have zones, points, reinforcements. To keep everything simple and in the spirit of free-roaming there are bases which spawn units and you can setup each base individually depending on which side controls it. Therefore, there is no element of buying units, but there was no construction in WiC neither (Company of heros had that :)). Plus A2 has its own construction module, so yes anyone can implement it and have reinforcements and buying units like WiC has.

In WiC, in every single moment, you have a clear battlefront that you push and push until you conquer some point, and then hell starts - you have to defend it :D Thus my favorite mission was pushing enemy forces off the bridges and climbing my way up the hill through the small town, till I get to the church to find out that Bannon screwed up again and that you have to defend that place. Or when I was almost crushed, radio called and USS Missouri came to help. Or destroying submarines before they sail out. Or heavy gunships in France pounding down poor tanks. Oh boy. Atmosphere...

And my biggest goal was to make every part of the map -- battlefield (if necessary). Not just randomly populating the world, so that units spawn nowhere and go nowhere. Or making predefined centers and spawn locations. WiC had the clear moments when spawning didn't end because you didn't step inside some circle -- but units didn't wander either. The battle was going on and on. Reinforcements on both sides. The action, the thrill. This is the matter of RTS.

On the other hand a lots of shooters these days are successful only because two things: superb graphics and atmosphere, or both. Sadly, the common feature is that they capture the action and the thrill, but it repeats in the single player and they often have multiplayer to cover it -- Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor -- you teammates are heros that cannot die (if there are AI teammates, or you are just a Rambo), and once you memorize the chain of events you can play it all the way through with closed eyes! AI has predefined cover places so first time you play you think they are smart ("oh bastard flanked me"). Second time "come on, he just run at my bullet". So the only thing that reaaaally dies during the gameplay is the atmosphere itself.

Now, imagine free roaming that has thrilling action and great atmosphere where every single time you play it is completely different - where enemy tries to capture your base and points like in WiC and the moments like Normandy in CoD or armor battles in WiC and sneaking behind enemy lines are something that happens all the time and in unscripted, unbiased, not-predefined way... Now imagine it for COOP (or even MP).

Imagine it as easy usable addon, so anyone can make warfare.

That is my goal :cool: To make this even better. ArmA 4ever, yes sir.

--EDIT--

@Curious - I think there is no point in taking screenshot of 3 tanks in flames or some squad in the fields. Maybe a video, yes, but I don't have time for that now. The best way is to download it and try.

@Rommel thanx man, I will try that.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

I have world in conflict, but I don't really understand this thing......

Seems like a pretty exciting tool. Did a quick and dirty port to Takistan, upped the AI respawn rate and then stood back and watched the warfare. Down to 20 FPS within a few minutes :p

Looking forward to getting my hands on a more detailed manual. Have a good holiday.

@Richey79 thanx, I am glad you tested it.

@ray243 if you could be more specific I could be more specific. I think I made it clear in the post above -- they are totally different genres, that is a fact, I didn't "fall on my head". I am emotionally attached to the atmosphere and thrill moments I had playing WiC. I want to present that atmosphere here from first person perspective, to make player feel like a part of something bigger. After I put some High command this will get tactical perspective too.

If you don't like it, you are free and very welcome to present your arguments here. If you want to see something more, have any suggestions, be my guest. People tried it, some of them like the warfare presented.

I am open for discussion, comments and suggestions.

Best regards,

A2H

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Finally had a chance to test this a bit, its taking shape nicely, great work... i think the demo missions and expanded tutorials your going to do will be a great help once you get back...

And... your still here man!! go on vacation already!

I've just played more of this last night and it has bucket loads of potential! I don't know how you kept this one quiet until release.

Now where the hell did this one come from?!?! :)

I've been looking for such war experience from the beginning of ARMA2's presence and this one seems to be around like what: a week? And seems to just hit the nail in the head...

Extreme potential when mixing this with some scripted stuff I guess although I've only played a bit with the example mission in the editor.

Thanks man!

@Curious is this what you had in mind?

Enemy Mi-17 tracked me down in the safe zone area, I've got him with Stinger and it crashed right on my team and supply area... So I guess it's not safe anymore :) Always watch your back.

You have to download it and try. You won't need screenshot nor video after that. It's not the effect - it's experience.

[iM]http://i31.tinypic.com/334sz60.jpg[/img]>100kb

Still 5 hours till road trip Katipo66 :)

--EDIT--

Thanx zapat... And Hellfire257 and zapat I intend to expand it more. I had idea before "this week" :) worked a lot on that. My "past" seams to bother some people, but you can track down my posts and work if you like to know more about it. I try not to mention it again, to look forward and focus discussions here on the module that I am working on right now.

I've been looking for such war experience from the beginning of ARMA2's presence

yes, yes and yes I am glad I finally hit the target. Thanx man :)

Edited by Placebo