Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

Latest Beta Patch: 72107

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(current patch candidate)

[72101] Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)

[72100] Fixed: Unit in vehicle could not open gear in map.

[72094] Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox

[72084] Fixed: No volume drop on distance with weapon click, car horn and etc. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11689)

[72035] Fixed: EEIncomingMissile event parameter

[71988] Fixed: Surface sound in infinite terrain (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11430)

Though not mentioned in the changelog it also looks like http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11688 "Bodies of killed players disappearing instantly" is fixed. Thank you BIS! :-)

*Edit* Looks like this was a client-side fix so still works even if using the old server.

Edited by sbsmac

Testing in MP now...Thx

All reported fixes in this build appear solved after initial tests...

Edited by Wildgoose
Tested

Thank you for fixing the incoming missile event handler!

Mando works again! Yay!

Ammobox confirmed fixed, no drop in fps now, even with Domi 2.15 with big ammobox that killed everyones game instantly

Nice patch so far. Question. What happens when we are using the ACOG scope for example, and it is near dark or even night time. Are they not supposed to also have the FLIR feature? Every time this happens to me, I can`t see anything after bringing up the scope, because of the lack of IR in the ACOG. Thx.

I'm not testing betas by myself, but I'm glad Arma is evolving in right direction. My two biggest issues currently with Arma OA are missing v-sync off switch and warping enemies at distances greater than 500m.

Nice patch so far. Question. What happens when we are using the ACOG scope for example, and it is near dark or even night time. Are they not supposed to also have the FLIR feature? Every time this happens to me, I can`t see anything after bringing up the scope, because of the lack of IR in the ACOG. Thx.

WTF - you never heard Acog before? Acog never had a Flir

ACOG scopes are not equipped with thermal imaging technology in real life. In OA, this is ofcourse simulated.

Same with using an ACOG scope while you have NVG's. In real life, those two cannot be "combined", so you have to either take a different weapon or use the CQB sights on top of the scope.

I was using the Acog online once and for whatever reason I saw in I.R. Then I tried it again and it went back to normal so there might be something wrong with the Acog scope.

There are scopes with incorporated Night Vision.

Also, before in Arma 2 if you had NV googles you could use them with every scope. That's irrealistic, and OA fixed it.

I'm not testing betas by myself, but I'm glad Arma is evolving in right direction. My two biggest issues currently with Arma OA are missing v-sync off switch and warping enemies at distances greater than 500m.

If you mean those warfare/domination servers where you play, it's most likely because the computer running the server is not totally up for the job.

If you mean those warfare/domination servers where you play, it's most likely because the computer running the server is not totally up for the job.

Yeah. It looks like 99% of servers are not capable of running it smooth. Maybe problem is too weak computers, maybe not optimized missions.

I think he means the warping you get when trying to snipe or target long distance targets has been a problem since ARMA1 and its NOT lag in most cases as it has been proved by me and I have read others on LAN.

I think its the net code.

I am all ways a sniper and have been asking this to be fixed since day one but no luck so I assume the problem is deeper than just a few lines of code?.

Thanks

ACOG scopes are not equipped with thermal imaging technology in real life. In OA, this is ofcourse simulated.

Same with using an ACOG scope while you have NVG's. In real life, those two cannot be "combined", so you have to either take a different weapon or use the CQB sights on top of the scope.

Actually even the CQB sights (worse for iron sights) would be hard to impossible to use with the single lens NVG we have in the game, as you have to put your chin almost inline with the buttstock center. Also in real life you only get about half the FOV (40°) compared to ingame. So game is still a bit "too user friendly", but I guess I can live with it; at least we have to think more what we actually bring to the field instead of "everything works".

Sometimes you actually do get IR or NVG off for weapons that only have NVG on for its scope. Seems to be a bug in the mode switching system somewhere. I've had it happen on a few occasions, but will fix itself after the first cycle, but I don't know how to reproduce it.

When will BIS wounding system get fixed?

Make a CIT ticket? (or vote it up if there is one)

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Oh, and did the recoil get tweaked at all in this release? I won't have a chance to test it until Monday.

Downloading now, unfortunately no performance fixes, not yet. :)

Yes a performance patch would be nice. The stutters near buildings are wery strange...

anyway many thx for the new beta patch :ok:

Yes a performance patch would be nice. The stutters near buildings are wery strange...

Could it be because every building can be entered in OA, unlike the other games where many were basic 3D models, now you have 50x the polygons and geometry complexion for every building you see.