Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Eliassound2 (OA) Sound Mod

First of all this is not my mod its Sgt.Elias from Armed Assault.info site. This sound mod is for OA specifically & Arma2 combined. Don't expect full support with issues as this isn't an "official thread" from the author, although other users feel free to direct anyone with problems.

eliassound2OA1s.jpg

Elias Sound 2 OA

(Combined Ops = Requires Arma2/OA)

>> by Sgt.Elias <<

Download link & info:

NOTE: All updates require the core download "first", then add the updates in order.

UPDATE 2 (31-07-2010): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11527
Changes in this version:

* eliassound2OA_c_gear / eliassound2OA_c_gear

* at lots of places

* walking on island sounds like, walking with high heels on broadway (tip, tap, tip, tap) in vanilla ArmA2OA. I changed the footstep sounds (normal, rock, gravel, gravel2) and made this more sandy

* add different sounds (MG gunner fall down, stand up/ special force stealth/ Sniper Ghillie_Overall) to the ArmAII OA characters

* new weapon sounds for: M24, PK's, DSHKM, KORD.

UPDATE 1 (26-07-2010): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11442

Here is the first update of eliassound2OA. This brings the chopper back in the soundmod.

Changelog:

- AH1Z, AH64's and the UH60's only with new configsound.

- new RC sounds. (arab,ru,us)

- 5 new Incomming Missile sounds.

- UH1Y, UH1H and the Ah6's with new soundfiles.

- new weapon sound for:

- MAAWS, M110, KSVK, GL (like M79, M32)

- FNFAL with new sound and correct rate of fire. (no entry in RPT)

- SCARS's with new sounds and fix SCAR_CCO_SD shoot with normal sound and reload/dry sounds too loud. fix Mk16 is more powerfull than Mk17 in sounds.

MAIN CORE DOWNLOAD (08-07-2010): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11134

Hi all,

Here are the new version of my SoundMod for ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead, @eliassound2OA. I use lots of the sounds frome eliassound2, but some sounds are new or reworked.and i made lots of Operation Arrowhead sounds new. As always atmo is the most important. That's the reason for the few new weapon sounds.

The special news are:

environsound:

new town sound (day/nigt.)

delete the sea sound.

add new wind and addsounds.

vehicles/tanks/plains (chopper comes later)

add to the new OA vehicles,tanks and plains some sounds like

chain, wind, noise, wheel and lots more.

add new engine off sounds fore the M113, T55, T34.

push up tire loudness fore all vehicles in config.

add 3 new Rc sounds, us, russia, arabia style to all vehicles.

weapons:

this sounds are new or reworked.

M256, D81, gau8, DMR, SVD, G36, M240, M249.(thx to Yokhanan fore help)

this sounds are brand new.

M60, SA58, Glock17, Revolver45(remove casingdropsound), LeeEnfield, M14 (now singel and full auto fire)

and lots, lots more.

Nearly all news are to be found in the read me file.

Have fun!

Sgt. Elias

ps.

the first update will follow in some days and comes whis the new chopper sounds and new gear and some new weapon sounds.

One thing I would like to add here is that the environmental pbo/sounds for OA are perfection. Music playing from huts / mosques, light chatter and street chatter, wind, crickets, car horns .. very much adds to the desert theme, Water /rain and some effects are also in stereo, all subtle and not overdone.

Very nice.

Remove this moderators if I have gone the wrong way about it, I didn't have permission from the author, although I thought it strange it was never listed here, especially as its OA specific.

Edited by mrcash2009

Regarding this mod and arma 2, The only thing i found wrong was the ambient sound, for me it took away immersion because car horns, car alarms and chatter etc did not suit almost any map i played , even in chernaurus.

It mimicked bustling suburbia (slight gta styles) when there was obviously no one around?

The rest of it was great!

Regarding this mod and arma 2, The only thing i found wrong was the ambient sound, for me it took away immersion because car horns, car alarms and chatter etc did not suit almost any map i played , even in chernaurus.

It mimicked bustling suburbia (slight gta styles) when there was obviously no one around?

The rest of it was great!

Its for OA, that's why. Just execute it without that Ambiance for Arma2, not great for combined ops, this is true when you want to play a chernarus map, but that's the choices. My point is for OA and that theater the ambiance is great and to have some life audible even though maps may not be full of civvies its still adds too it. It not like its full of hustle and bussle, its pretty well slotted in in places.

I replayed the first campaign mission and once I cleared the village near the airport and continue patrol it was nice to here Arabic radio playing from a hut and such things as you walk on through. The small ambiance are distant chatter (not permanent just fits & starts) from street right out of a village in Afghanistan, well sourced I thought.

bustling suburbia (slight gta styles)

To say its like GTA, one distant car horn beep (once) every so often ... a bit of an exaggeration to be fair.

Edited by mrcash2009

Yes i know this ones for OA, ... i just wanted to comment regarding the ambient sound as i tested this a lot when released but like you found there was no where to give feed back except on armaholic.

In the arma2 version theres more than just distant car horns, theres car alarms, breaking windows, distant voices?? etc... it gives the feeling on a bustling suburb..

Anyway my 5cents.. cheers for posting

I replayed the first campaign mission and once I cleared the village near the airport and continue patrol it was nice to here Arabic radio playing from a hut and such things as you walk on through.

The radio in first campaign mission also plays without any soundmods ;)

i think it's meant to lure the player inside *hint *hint

Realy? Oh ok :), very nice touch for the mission. I did play up the same point and didn't get that first time round, maybe not near a trigger point for it. Whats confused me is that you get similar things with the environment Pbo of this sound mod.

I like the balance of it in towns and the changes in trees areas/wind on hills, not like its new to the game sound engine but the choice of sounds/combination is nice.

Saw that Elias submitted his 1st patch for this on Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11452

Here is the first update of eliassound2OA. This brings the chopper back in the soundmod.

Changelog:

- AH1Z, AH64's and the UH60's only with new configsound.

- new RC sounds. (arab,ru,us)

- 5 new Incomming Missile sounds.

- UH1Y, UH1H and the Ah6's with new soundfiles.

- new weapon sound for:

- MAAWS, M110, KSVK, GL (like M79, M32)

- FNFAL with new sound and correct rate of fire. (no entry in RPT)

- SCARS's with new sounds and fix SCAR_CCO_SD shoot with normal sound and reload/dry sounds too loud. fix Mk16 is more powerfull than Mk17 in sounds.

:cool:

Very good sound mod!! But...The G36 and all its variants sound VERY muffled.

It's really noticable! All other sounds are awesome!!

Did you do something that affects the recoil of the guns? They all seem very different.

Hi maybe im a noob but i need to know what i need to do with the update: erase all the files and replace by the new or just copy the new files in the @eliassound\addons folder

Thank you.

copy them to modfolder like u suggested and start the game with a line: -mod=@eliassound in ur shortcut

Very good sound mod!! But...The G36 and all its variants sound VERY muffled.

It's really noticable! All other sounds are awesome!!

Did you do something that affects the recoil of the guns? They all seem very different.

are you sure that they behave different? Cause I made the expierience that a more powerful sound lets us believe that the recoil is stronger... This is why I like soundmods with movie-like firing sounds :cool:

the modis good but i found 1 bug at the t55.

when the motor is on and you look from 3rd view you alwys hear a crazy noise

I have this mod and I keep trying to connect to a server that has the right key yet I get an error about bad signature or something. Any clues what might be causing this?

I have this mod and I keep trying to connect to a server that has the right key yet I get an error about bad signature or something. Any clues what might be causing this?

This issue occurs since the last versions (even for the arma2-versions). Seems that always something goes wrong in the signing process.

New Update on ArmAholic

Changes in this version:

* eliassound2OA_c_gear / eliassound2OA_c_gear

* at lots of places

* walking on island sounds like, walking with high heels on broadway (tip, tap, tip, tap) in vanilla ArmA2OA. I changed the footstep sounds (normal, rock, gravel, gravel2) and made this more sandy

* add different sounds (MG gunner fall down, stand up/ special force stealth/ Sniper Ghillie_Overall) to the ArmAII OA characters

* new weapon sounds for: M24, PK's, DSHKM, KORD.

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11527

I heard myself through all the mods there are...and I have to say: your OA version is the best sound mod you can get for ARMA2. Great job!!

I heard myself through all the mods there are...and I have to say: your OA version is the best sound mod you can get for ARMA2. Great job!!

Just to clear it..it´s not my soundmod.

To clarify its Sgt.Elias soundmod who doesn't frequent these forums. So I took it upon myself as a user to make a thread for it as it has never been mentioned over here before. Anyone feel free to post update info (thanks already).

BTW I just added all the updates and such in the first post.

May I ask why he doesn't frequent these forums? Sounds like a weird decision that's all. If it was his decision at all...

Each to their own, I think he's more a regular at Armedassault.info forums than here, I guess its odd not to post here even to promote his sound mod only.

As to exactly why, some people prefer their own community clan/fan forums as apposed to BIS official.

I tried this with standalone OA last night and was getting constant and apparently random CFG errors popping up also the Mi17 CZ model would only load super low LOD levels, so standing next to it was like next to a balloon model of it.

Are we sure this isn't for Combined Ops only? Installed Base + Update 1 + Update 2 (updates 2 overwriting files). Only other mods running were RH's M14, CBA/CBAOA and Tier One Ops.