Has the terrain always been like this at close first person?

Yes, it's the same thing happens in Arma 2.

Yes, it's the same thing happens in Arma 2.

hmm, alright thanks. Never noticed it before :)

I noticed this before, especially in A2...

Byko's right - I used all the 50 cal ammo in a hunter and didn't manage to destroy the panther. Grenades are more effective though - approx 20 or so and it's toast

Actually, Roberthammer is right. You CAN destroy destroy the panther with machinegun, because it uses an HP system armor.

Actually, Roberthammer is right. You CAN destroy destroy the panther with machinegun, because it uses an HP system armor.

The problem is is something does damage, It will damage the vehicle, because we need the config to not get damage from some weapons damage armored vehicles.

Have you tested it? since I can't damage it with a machinegun in my test.

Actually you can't ;). I've tried 2000 rounds of 6,5mm OC-30 gun and 7,62mm gun of AH-9. So it's not THAT bad, but some improvements would be needed. I understand that they've made the new apcs destroyable by grenade launchers to "balance" stuff.... but it's soooo wrong. Ok.. sure, the guns are more fragile(especially the remote ones), they are certainly not as armored as the hull, so imo it won't be bad if by granade launchers you can DISABLE the apc(tracks or gun) but you SHOULDN'T BE ABLE to blow it up! It would also "balance" stuff so marid against panther wouldn't be totally useless, yet it will bring more AUTHENTICITY(Bis favourite word ;]).

Oh and yeah, the Marshal... or to be precise the vehicle that it is based on, had frontal protection against 30mm autocannon AP rounds.

Vote(or not) for disabling "magical" radar in APCs: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11925.

They did a good thing with Marshal and Merid, but now with those new apcs... i don't see any logic behind that.

BIS isn't balancing vehicles, they are WIP. The game has not gone gold yet. And why would you want to balance the Marid against the panther? We don't need that, They are two different vehicles and one is heavily armored and the other isn't.

This is really annoying and stupid...there is a ticket for this(vote!) http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8137, assigned to Vespa. Last update from Khan:This issue was processed by our team and will be looked into. We thank you for your feedback.

Absolutely agree, its just outright gay. +1 vote from me, thanks for the ticket link.

has anyone noticed what the dev said, hear units talk when close to them not on radio or something like that???

has anyone noticed what the dev said, hear units talk when close to them not on radio or something like that???

Herd about it, though I've not seen it.

Yep it's still the stupid HP system but it takes approx 600 rnds of .50 cal. (tested it using the vehicle management script to get extra ammo) So it's better than it was but still is wrong. Unless BIS have a way of changing the armour system (which I doubt as we are at Beta stage) we're stuck with it.

Yep it's still the stupid HP system but it takes approx 600 rnds of .50 cal. (tested it using the vehicle management script to get extra ammo) So it's better than it was but still is wrong. Unless BIS have a way of changing the armour system (which I doubt as we are at Beta stage) we're stuck with it.

As a simple fix currently, why not prevent weapons from doing damage to the vehicle or object that they shouldn't be doing damage too?

When an AI in your group is close to you, you can hear his voice more clearly, less static. If I remember correctly though, this feature was present in Arrowhead, and the effect was much more of hearing the unit's voice in the 3D space. But with this new effect it just sounds to me like he is still talking on the radio, but like there is alot less static because he's close. Not like you're actually hearing his unfiltered voice.

Yes, ofcourse you need alot of ammo tho.

With the mk200 it takes about 30 mags to blow up the panther.

With the ifrit/hunter it takes about 7-8 mags.

Also possible with the littlebird.

Yes, ofcourse you need alot of ammo tho.

With the mk200 it takes about 30 mags to blow up the panther.

With the ifrit/hunter it takes about 7-8 mags.

Also possible with the littlebitd.

For example why not add something in the config that prevents the mk200 from damaging the panther?

oh yeah, you're right... hmmmm, too bad.

I hate these words. But please fix it BI :(

Voted up

This is a more sensible solution for short term because it is simple and doable with the limited time the devs have.

When an AI in your group is close to you, you can hear his voice more clearly, less static. If I remember correctly though, this feature was present in Arrowhead, and the effect was much more of hearing the unit's voice in the 3D space. But with this new effect it just sounds to me like he is still talking on the radio, but like there is alot less static because he's close. Not like you're actually hearing his unfiltered voice.

on OA all you could hear was "2........." or "man........" anyone agree? or even "all move......."

oooo spot on, hopefully they will fix this "move" or "man" bug as id rather not have it at all if it was like that ha ha

also another devvvyyy branch topic.. are the optimizations noted on the changelog if something has been improved or is it a find out yourself kind of thing?

Edited by tyl3r99
addition to post

on OA all you could hear was "2........." or "man........" anyone agree? or even "all move......."

When they weren't in your group, yes. I'm talking about when they're in your group.

When they weren't in your group, yes. I'm talking about when they're in your group.
you can hear the radio with a little filter but when you are close enough you hear the actual char speaking much clearer and the radio?

You should already be able to hear these improvements after the latest beta patch.

If you place yourself and a subordinate, and order him to stop, you should be able to hear the responses in 3D space by walking away/towards from him or walking around him. If you turn the radio volume off, the difference is most pronounced.

That's something like a first step. Currently, it still doesn't work for other (friendly or enemy) groups. But it means we should be able to look at broadcast exclusion next, when we get the opportunity. Hopefully, the fix for friendly/enemy groups can follow, but the problem is fairly deep rooted, and requires some expert untangling. :)

Best,

RiE