Included in this release are two modules from the Swedish Forces Pack. They are released as stand alone since we believe many people might wish to use these without downloading a bunch of Swedish addons.

Included in this release

* Epic Battlefield System

* Medical Chain

Epic Battlefield System

This is meant as a quick, fun way to make the ai fight some. Just place the module and syncronize it with a unit (bis or addon) and the AI will start fighting using all of that factions vehicles in a "somewhat" ok manner.

What it is:

* Easy to use

* Quick way to get some ambient combat with any addons.

What isnt:

* A replacement for missions

* A "clever" ai with resources

Medical Chain

Whats the purpose of ambulances in ArmA? Thats what we wondered so we invented one. To use just place the medical chain on map and it will enable itself with all players on map (JIP untested). Once hit the player needs to be treated by a medic like in any other game but he also need to get back to the base hospital. The time is ticking but while inside an ambulance the time halts.

What it is:

* Good in coop, with no respawn.. not tested with respawn

* A fun way to add more dynamics, get the wounded back to base.

* Should work with bis medical modules.

* Should work with any ambulance in which you can heal.

So enjoy and let me know your feedback, a readme is included in the package.

For download:

SFP Modules (500 kb)

oh forgot the displayname, hold on will update :p

EDIT. Fixed now, if you downloaded before 12.00 GMT, then please just do it again :)

Edited by granQ

nice, dling now!!!!

EDIT: This is awesome!!!, been trying out with Duala, AAW, and a few others and they all work awesome, this is really epic!!!

Edited by ArmAriffic

just had a test in FDFmod, driving a tank on their island. So now that module is tested at least and it works fine. Started with following a platoon of Leo's, my commander engaged a UAV and I drove north while the platoon pushed towards their objective.

I killed a shilka and mi24, while a F18 was circling over my head and finally dead when I ran into an enemy tank platoon. It wasn't perhaps epic but it was fun :p

Thanks GQ. I notice that the friendlies are spawning almost on top of me.

I also start off playing as a German KSK Paramedic and nothing spawned. After I changed to a M1A1 it worked but with very friendly friendlies !

Great amount of fun ! Nice work. Armholic Informed :)

Thanks GQ. I notice that the friendlies are spawning almost on top of me.

I also start off playing as a German KSK Paramedic and nothing spawned. After I changed to a M1A1 it worked but with very friendly friendlies !

don't use it on you.. rather, see the syncronized unit as a "base".. with objective to take out the other base.

Ahh, the german doesn't work in this version. It needs at least 1 type of vehicle, will make support for small recon teams, infantry groups.

Put that on my "next version features" list :)

looks good. however, there seem to be small issues with infantry staying in APCs even when the APC has reached a destination and is idling.

ok very nice but... how is it supposed to be used ? i placed the module on the map synced it with a P85 US soldier and a p85 soviet soldier nothing happens i sync it to the P85 US. player and voilla all P85 US. kind of troops are spawned but right on top of my head ( in a very small circle around my position out of nothing i ran up agains a M1a1 abrams with my head) i sync it to a p85 US. player and a p85 russian pl;ayer and only the P85 US troops spanw on my head and no russians so still no battle please help ????

EDIT : FOUND IT !!!!! JUST NEED TO SYNC ONE MODULE WITH THE RUSSIANS AND ONE MODULE WITH THE AMERICANS AND THEN WE GET A INSTANT US. vs USSR (damn those P85 A10's are effective)

Edited by supergruntsb78

Been playing around a little more with and it is working great!

One thing however, when choppers spawn (just seen this with US BHs) they fly off (someowhere) and return to base (well I was at utes airport for testing) and they hover for the rest of the game. Bug?

Also IF the unit you have sync to the EBS then it fails to spawn any others (or am I going blind?)

ah yeah, haven't done the "clear" stuff, it leaves the soldiers and were supposed to get deleted once returned (for the helicopters).

Not sure what you meant with the second question?

Hi GranQ great idea. This is going to be very awesome. Please dont make it as complicated as the others. One came out and it was similer to this. Well he kept adding and addind to the point it was so complicated it took so much work to get it where you wanted it it was no longer fun.

:) That beeing said in

ebs setVariable ["patrols", false, true];
What is the 1st false for, and what is the 2nd true for? Ive placed this in the editor and named it ebs... It doesnt seem to work. It takes longer to spawn but even though I have this on everything tanks, apc, infantry.... except helecopter and planes as I just want air support for the racs and marines. It still spawns HMMVees and other stuff. This is exactly what I have in my init of the EBS mudoled that I named ebs, and yes I put ebs in the name slot. ;)
ebs setVariable ["tanks", false, true]; ebs setVariable ["apc", false, true]; ebs setVariable ["trucks", false, true]; ebs setVariable ["infantry", false, true]; ebs setVariable ["patrols", false, true];

Thanks for this anddd thanks for any help you can offer :) I give ya 2 thumbs up for this. Maybe If you can explain it more we can make an instruction page for dummies. :)

Edited by Mikey74
specifying ;)

Hey Mikey74,

It is a piece of cake to get it working !

After more testing GQ I have found that setting the init of blufor/opfor starting unit to allowdamage false avoids getting it killed and failing to spawn things. Sorry my last question wasn't properly formed.

Also, interestingly, if you setcaptive true for the starting unit, noone attacks :)

REALLY enjoying watching a 6 way battle (3 blufor, 3 opfor) duking it out on Fallujah !

GREAT WORK MATE !

lol well I think my problem is... I have 2 EBS one names eps and one named ebs.... The eps one is the one that spawns everything even though I tell it not to. As for setting it up yes it is cake, and so was the other one I liked at 1st. If its ok to say it was wict. Now I just use DAC which has always been awesome just lacks use of airpower and the artillery system is ok but doesnt utilize the new Arma2 Arty systems... lol I can be picky butttt other then this I have noooo complaints about Dac. Wict started good and got to complicated. So I left it and went back to Dac. Nowww This works pretty good with Dac. What Im shooting for is Marines vs Racs on chernarus Im going to use this to spawn random Air flight for Racs and ACM for Marines airpower I guess. lol :) Anyways It is cake and I love it. Maybe I should explain. I need more simple advanced ways to mod in the editor or by script to get it my way. Like in ACM I can tell it what I want as for what types of units, and the ratio of spawn among other stuff. The draw back is lack of custom units. :(

As for it not spawning after the unit is killed... Thats actually a good thing. Gives the player insentive to seek out the HQ or base of Op and kill or destroy it. ;)

Thanks for your response. :)

P.S. ummm lol had one of the variables spelled wrong seems to work now. :D Ummm 1 last question It spawns parachutes.... Is the anyway to stop this without eliminating planes all together? :)

Edited by Mikey74
new stuff

Mikey74, the whole idea is to make it "smooth" and easy to use. I will add more stuff, like small groups recon, perhaps artillery, but the use of the module will be exactly like this. The "find the HQ and kill him" is what I like.. could remove it but feels nice there is a way to kill the enemy.

ebs setVariable ["patrols", false, true];

the first false, is just that we don't want the patrols. The true should broadcast it in MP, but doesn't really matter for most.. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVariable

Right now it doesn't clear up old groups dead groups, will add that. Perhaps make my own SFP: Garbage Collector.

Anyway.. so far for next version:

Clean up scripts, like the airborne soldiers.

Fix support for infantry only.

Make mechanized troops disembark, search cities. Embark and move to new.

Make motorized (Trucks), dismbark. Leave the truck and take positions in cities. Defend.

CSAR team's for ejected pilots. (Loved this feature in MMAI)

Functions to adjust frequency (How quick spawn units) and resources (Tanks compared to infantry).

Use of artillery, support.

But the goal is still to keep it easy, playable and just.. epic. Not realistic or stuff. Just tons of stuff going on :)

Quick question about the medical chain module

How do I designate a medical station, say I've got a FOB I built, I have a chopper taxi script in place, and battlefield clearance for each of my men. If they get shot can I call my chopper for extract, load them into the chopper and send it back to base? I just want to know if I need to do some scripting or something so when the thing lands my guy will taken care of.

Should work with these buildings.

"MASH","CDF_WarfareBFieldhHospital","Gue_WarfareBFieldhHospital","Ins_WarfareBFieldhHospital","RU_WarfareBFieldhHospital","USMC_WarfareBFieldhHospital","US_WarfareBFieldhHospital_Base_EP1"

Please let me know if I forgot any, I am not sure if it check ONLY for those, or also classes that inheirts from them. Should add that support so it works better with addons.

For now a solution could be to wait a little bit, say 10 seconds. Then run this:

sfp_module_medical_chain_hospitals = sfp_module_medical_chain_hospitals + ["my_hospital"];

Thanks very much for this, as I've been waiting for your Med Chain with baited breath.

Is there any chance that you could split the pbo into 2?

1 for Epic Battle Sys and 1 for Med Chain, just like in this thread's title?

Thanks for the response granQ. As for realism. There are other mods and ways you can make it a bit more realistic in the editor. ;) This is pretty cool and yes leave the base as is ;) And it works real well with DAC.

Thanks very much for this, as I've been waiting for your Med Chain with baited breath.

Is there any chance that you could split the pbo into 2?

1 for Epic Battle Sys and 1 for Med Chain, just like in this thread's title?

its a 500 kb download, i don't see the point in splitting them?

It'd be nice if there was a variable so that the vehicles would keep spawning even if the unit the module was synched to died. It's a bit of a buzzkill when I have a huge battle going, and it ends because a Shilka decides it's a good idea to run over the guy the module is synched to.

Edited by Hobbesy