Sign in to follow this  
scruffy

AT GUI Pack

Getting this error using the FOV changes with ACE 1.10 Update 1 & A2CO v1.59

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsZoomMin'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsZoomMax'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsZoomInit'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.distanceZoomMin'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.distanceZoomMax'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsFlare'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsID'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes/Specter.opticsPPEffects'.

Thanks for the report AnimalMother92. Took me a while to find the time and get to grips with the Six Updater, but as compensation it's nearly untested :D

http://home.arcor.de/ims-scruffy/arma2/at_gui_OA_fov_aim_ACEX_1.10.331.7z

Delete the old acex version before unpacking the new files. I added them to the pack, but I will not update them until the changes are in a new ACE stable version.

Thanks for the report AnimalMother92. Took me a while to find the time and get to grips with the Six Updater, but as compensation it's nearly untested :D

http://home.arcor.de/ims-scruffy/arma2/at_gui_OA_fov_aim_ACEX_1.10.331.7z

Delete the old acex version before unpacking the new files. I added them to the pack, but I will not update them until the changes are in a new ACE stable version.

RE ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes issue:

Fix no longer needed with the upcoming ACE update, but it was still good if it made you a SU user :D

Hmm, seems I spoke too soon :p

Upon actually testing the new file I get the following

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsZoomMin'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsZoomMax'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsZoomInit'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.distanceZoomMin'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.distanceZoomMax'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsFlare'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsID'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_SOC_M4A1_RCO_GL/OpticsModes/ACOG4X.opticsPPEffects'.

RE ACE_SCAR_H_STD_Spect/OpticsModes issue:

Fix no longer needed with the upcoming ACE update, but it was still good if it made you a SU user :D

I'm using our latest test build (post 1.10 Update 2) atm. Is it likely that more weapons are affected?

I'm using our latest test build (post 1.10 Update 2) atm. Is it likely that more weapons are affected?

Can't say for sure, not too many I hope. At least I can tell you that they're not gonna change again soon :)

Sorry if this is a dumb questions, but if I'm using Anzins weapon pack then I need to use at_gui_oa_fov_aim_anzins.pbo, right?

Surely if I'm using that pbo, don't I need to remove at_gui_oa_fov_aim.pbo?

Scratch that, I tried running at_gui_oa_fov_aim_anzins.pbo without at_gui_oa_fov_aim.pbo and got a more serious error message.

So I guess something's up with my @ANZINS folder

Edited by domokun

@domokun: You use the base fov_aim and then add whatever additional files there are for the other addons you use. It should show up as a dependancy for them, the error can be ignored, but it will probably miss some guns. Only the Unsung version is "standalone", as UNS uses their own base classes.

What error exactly do you get with ANZINS? Test if it goes away without my addon. I found another gun that shouldn't be in there. Didn't show up as an error for me, but if it's something about "AK_107_GL_PSO" it was my mistake.

Thanks for reporting the errors domokun and AnimalMother92

New Update

- new _fov_aim_ACEX_1.10.332

- updated _fov_aim_ANZINS

- now using v2 signature files (hopefully I did this right)

Download

Heres something worth discussing or thinking about.

I tried to get the guys in our community to use your mod. However during the process of explaining what it does, they came with the argument that its not realistic.

I instantly thought otherwise as weapons with reflex sights dont zoom in so i asked him to explain why its not realistic and his answer was quite convincing.

The FOV that your mod puts in place simulates holding your gun in front of your body (not pressed up against the shoulder, more like holding the gun in front of you like the hajis do) To understand this better have a look at these.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/tj1884/PEO_M4_Carbine_RAS_M68_CCO.jpg this is the reflex sight system mainly used in arma

http://www.pakieser.com/firearms/ar15/Ar15_05-11-09.jpg

This is an example of a weapon that could make use of your FOV settings as the scope is further from your face.

in the first image, if you put the rifle butt up against your shoulder, you wouldn't have such a broad VOF. However with the second photo you would.

It works in game, but realistically, when holding up a reflex site the scope itself should not zoom, but the FOV should also be allot less as the scope is closer to your face.

Anyway this is not a bug report or feature request, its just something i thought i would bring up for discussion. :)

Edited by Suka

Well thats why when you right click it zooms. Its more real in a sense that you can hold your rifle at the ready while not giving yourself tunnel vision looking down the sight, Instead you can see a much wider area which is VERY usefull when you have multiple contacts coming from multiple barrings.

Just like you would in real life if you were watching an area, You would have your eye near the sight, but you wouldn't be fixated on it.

Also, It may have been asked somewhere a few pages back but i did some skimming and didn't see it.

The two Ace_X pbos aren't supposed to both be used at the same time, correct?

Edited by Subcidal