Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Please Help With Dedicated Server

Is there a way to make a mod list for the server within the server.cfg rather than the servers shortcut? I've got my server.cfg all set up but I don't have the ability to put my mods in there because the "target line" has a character limit.

I've abandoned my dedicated serer tool server tool. It was not working at all. I'd like to do this the normal way with just a server.cfg and a server shortcut.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Do you have TS3 or Ventrilo?

Are you trying to host a Dedicated Server from Home or remotely through Service Provider?

From Home. I do not have TS3 or Vent, but I do have Xfire, Skype, Steam, and Google Talk.

I downloaded a tool that helps tremendously. When I try to connect to the server which is created I just get a message "wait for host". The dedicated server application just says "Mission [mission name] read from bank."

Try to log in as admin and then pick a mission. Once on server, in chat:

#login yourpassword

#missions

I've abandoned my dedicated serer tool server tool. I'd like to do this the normal way with just a server.cfg and a server shortcut. Is there a way to make a mod list for the server within the server.cfg rather than the servers shortcut.? I've got my server.cfg all set up but I don't have the ability to put my mods in there because the "target line" has a character limit.

That made a little more progress, thanks! I've messed with it a bit more and it seems it only happens on some missions. All the missions I've tested were official ones. It'll load some up just fine, and then "read from bank" on seemingly random other ones.

Mods are set in shortcut. You can write a small batch file to overcome that limitation.

Or give TA2DST a try, works great here.

Okay this is better than the older software I was using by far. Thank you. I'm having an issue where it's not showing up in either my LAN or Internet filters ingame so I can't even attempt to join.

What is the "parameters" variable? I see potential there but I'm not sure what it does. I'm like Albert Einstein in the '30s.

Im curious :)

What mods are you using on a dedicated server that made you run out of targetline ?

Not to be a smartass, but you do know that most mods are only for clients and all

you need on the server are the bikeys.

P.S. you should post about dedicated-servers in the multiplayer section..

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;1907954']Im curious :)

What mods are you using on a dedicated server that made you run out of targetline ?

Not to be a smartass' date=' but you do know that most mods are only for clients and all

you need on the server are the bikeys.

P.S. you should post about dedicated-servers in the multiplayer section..[/quote']

I feel really retarded, I certainly did not know that. Thank you.

Here's what I'm running:

@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@ArmA 2;@CBA;@GLT;@LDL;@Movement;@SMK;@WarFX-BETA;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers;BAF;PMC

After thinking about what you said some more, giving myself time to slow down and think, I've come up with a very simple solution. I move all my mods/addons I use into one folder and then the server runs that one and only mod folder. I keep my existing mod folders for client side. HURRR! I feel so special...

PS. Your avatar is really creeping me out. The hell is that?

UPDATE: I got it all working except I get this error when starting the server. :eek:

Capture-1.jpg