Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Secondary Ops Manager Module Discussion

In the spec ops, I'm trying to simply respond to the HQ radio, saying I can do the side mission, I do this by going under 0-8 (communications) and it's not on there, what is wrong, why is it not letting me accept the mission when it pops up?

FOUND OUT WHY:

Spec Op Manager:

I placed this on map

Simple support module:

Why does this module conflict with specops module, simple support module will not allow the specops comms to pop up, tested it out.

Edited by Lima9999

In the spec ops, I'm trying to simply respond to the HQ radio, saying I can do the side mission, I do this by going under 0-8 (communications) and it's not on there, what is wrong, why is it not letting me accept the mission when it pops up?

FOUND OUT WHY:

Spec Op Manager:

I placed this on map

Simple support module:

Why does this module conflict with specops module, simple support module will not allow the specops comms to pop up, tested it out.

The sec ops manager already has support built in that comes with completing objectives. The options available on the communications menu is trying to be used twice when running both..one has to win leaving you with only the SSM modules options. Advice is either A. Live with the completing sec op A gets you support B thats prebuilt.. or Do custom support scripts so the menus dont conflict.

Edited by Servoinvicem

The sec ops manager already has support built in that comes with completing objectives. The options available on the communications menu is trying to be used twice when running both..one has to win leaving you with only the SSM modules options. Advice is either A. Live with the completing sec op A gets you support B thats prebuilt.. or Do custom support scripts so the menus dont conflict.

Lima9999 knows that. He discovered it while building a mission. I believe he was 'asking', why is it 'broke' to begin with. The SSM could have been coded just a little different, and that 'conflict' would not even be there.

Hi

I have one problem with SecOp module on dedicated server. It doesn't working, even became inactive at start while I'm sure I've put him in mission via editor. There is no any extra Notes section with SecOp explanation. How to start SecOp Module with init.sqf? Or you found another solution to work it properly?

Hello, I've just discovered this wonderful module (some days ago actually...) and I try to read everything that I can on various forums.

The main question that I've is :

- has anybody managed to spawn a precise enemy faction ? I'd like to play russians, and I've a bit enough to kill some USMC. I'd like to kick some NAPA now... It's impossible to have a clear answer through different posts : Is it possible or not ?

2nd question : Has anybody already created new Secops missions (user-created) ?

Thx

Edited by guyfawkestom

Is there an way I can change the Russian units that spawn from SecOp's to Takistani units it's kinda weird fight Russians in Woodland camo out in the desert

Is there an way I can change the Russian units that spawn from SecOp's to Takistani units it's kinda weird fight Russians in Woodland camo out in the desert

I would also like to know how to do this.

I do know that if you launch OA on its own, you get the Takis, but if you run it as Combined ops, you get the Russians. any one know?

I thought that maybe by creating new Secops missions dedicated to one faction it would be possible to bypass this problem, but after depboing the SOM i'm not able to find anything related to Secops generation (i.e. object end enemies spawning...)

Has anybody tried to create missions for SOM ?

Yeah, I'd like to know about changing the support vehicles spawned by SOM also.

I'm using the BAF content and it feels odd to be resupplied with a HMMMV and US ammo.

Also having British ground troops being picked up by a USMC Huey doesn't feel right either.

Is there any way to change the vehicles the SOM spawns to include BAF vehicles and ammo?

I haven't used the side missions for SOM but again it would be wierd to have Russians in woodland camo running around in the Takistani desert fighting the Brits......breaks the realism abit.

Anyone know the answer?

Edited by Urbanski

I'm sorry to say that currently there is no easy way to make the SOM use BAF content, unless the module is changed itself. It is prepared to check whether A2, OA or both are available, but not yet for BAF (or any other content). If there is time I will look at doing this for a patch.

Is there any chance that markers given to team leader synchronised with SOM module, after accepting side quest gonna be global for everybody on server?

I'm sorry to say that currently there is no easy way to make the SOM use BAF content, unless the module is changed itself. It is prepared to check whether A2, OA or both are available, but not yet for BAF (or any other content). If there is time I will look at doing this for a patch.

So if I just run OA I will get OA Secops?

So if I just run OA I will get OA Secops?

yes mate.

that works for me anyway

That's too bad, but I'm sure I will survive. :D

It means also that it will stay like that for A2 vanilla ?

Let's wait and see ! What could be good is a tut or intel to create some new Missions for Secop (Or a Secops Module maybe ?). Though the existing quests are pretty covering all aspects...

I didn’t spot this post before.

This sounds promising! Hope you manage to do it mate.

:yay:

Be nice if someone could knock up a quick demo mission too, as I don’t have a clue how it works.

:whistle:

stegman, demo mission of how the SOM is setup?

I am making a mission that involves the Secondary Operations manager module, as I want players to be assigned random missions. Once a player completes a task, I want them to be rewarded with a vehicle that is sent to their base (Which I am aware can be done by createVehicle, getpos etc) followed by a radio message (or maybe hint?) from HQ announcing their new vehicle.

I understand how to achieve this if I already have set pre-determined tasks, but not sure how if random tasks are given. For example, say the player gets given a task and succeeds (No matter what kind of mission it is), I always want the first task completed to be rewarded with a car, then the second task completed to be rewarded with a chopper etc. I've tried to figure out how they do it in the domination missions, but it just got me confused.

Any help is appreciated.

How can I disable the SOM (and artillery module) adding the guide to briefing?

I'd like to know that too, if anyone can be of help. It's under the Notes section, but I'd like to remove it, if possible.

Also there is a hint that pops up after mission start, can that be removed as well?

I was digging in the SOM module and found the publicVariable "BIS_SOM_ahAvail". Has anybody tried to pass this in a way to trigger the OA-based SOM with any success?

Here's the section of code in the SOM module init.sqf that got my attention.

//Check and store what content is available.

BIS_SOM_a2Avail = false;

if (configName(BIS_SOM_CfgVehicles >> "RU_Commander") != "") then {BIS_SOM_a2Avail = true};

BIS_SOM_ahAvail = false;

if (configName(BIS_SOM_CfgVehicles >> "TK_Soldier_Officer_EP1") != "") then {BIS_SOM_ahAvail = true};

publicVariable "BIS_SOM_ahAvail"; //Clients need this toggle to select sentences

I was digging in the SOM module and found the publicVariable "BIS_SOM_ahAvail". Has anybody tried to pass this in a way to trigger the OA-based SOM with any success?

Here's the section of code in the SOM module init.sqf that got my attention.

//Check and store what content is available.

BIS_SOM_a2Avail = false;

if (configName(BIS_SOM_CfgVehicles >> "RU_Commander") != "") then {BIS_SOM_a2Avail = true};

BIS_SOM_ahAvail = false;

if (configName(BIS_SOM_CfgVehicles >> "TK_Soldier_Officer_EP1") != "") then {BIS_SOM_ahAvail = true};

publicVariable "BIS_SOM_ahAvail"; //Clients need this toggle to select sentences

Does that mean if you place a taki officer in the editor then OA units will spawn?

Does that mean if you place a taki officer in the editor then OA units will spawn?

Hi,

Nope, I just tried that but no luck. But I have sometimes, OA Taki bases that are spawned, like SHilka or enemy position, or Trucks, with russians soldier however...

It would be great to be able to Select the Faction (Even custom factions) somehow (even if the user as to create a list of unit to be spawned), but also the vehicle for Airstriken UAV, transport reinforcement...

I wonder where in the SOM folder sqfs is this coded ? maybe a new SOM could be done as an addon ?

Hello,

I looked more deeply into the SOM folder. I've found that to spawn enemies (or allies), the missions use the function BIS_Functionspawngroup, the sqf is located into the modules pbo.

As there is no indication of enemies other than a random number, i guess that type of group is hardcoded "by default".

I've tried to modify a secop, and create a new secop from this modification. As it was said, I define in cfgSecoP.HPP, where I put the new path to the scripts, and then keep the same structure, and pack into pbo addon (som_gf.pbo). Unfortunately, when I try into editor, the secop shows an error message, because it doesn't find the scripts in the original som folder...

Apparently, the path is a global variable that is coded in the Init.sqf of the som module in the mission\som\data folder.

Could anybody help me ?

I will try to create a new som as an addon, but I'm afraid that I will have to change several path/references...

ArmA2OA-BAF

SOM Radio problems using the SecOp Manager with Artillery. Am now only getting half the communication i.e, over, out, Alpha, & nothing else Any one know a fix please.

I'd definitely like more information on the SOM module as well. I know that transport support options are available with the right script, but all the scripts that you find will ONLY work for ArmA II. If you have CO, OA, or BAF involved in your edited mission you are creating then it will not work. It only hovers over you and takes off. It will not land. If you get into the transport at a base or anywhere else you placed the chopper, it will deliver you to your destination, but it takes off very quickly (barely able to get out of the chopper), and it when it does lift off it goes about 20 ft up and just freezes there. It doesn't move. Does anybody know how to get this working for the CO, OA, or BAF expansions???