Sign in to follow this  
Devil Dogs SF

Start mission text like in Campaign

I am trying to get that text which gradually comes in as the screen fades in in the lower right side of the screen and then goes out the same way like in BIS OA Campaign. I looked at a mission which used this and couldn't see anything other than this in the init.sqf:

// --- Info text

if (time < 10) then

{

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];

[] Spawn {

waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};

// Info text

[str("A Warm Welcome") , str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0), str("Delta Team Savior")] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 3;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 7;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5]

};

};

If that is right where else should I put something? I put the functions module down and it still didn't work.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Like in the beggining of this vid, see how the text is in the bottom right and it fades in?

I took a look at it and manipulated the code you gave but couldn't get it to work either. If someone figures this out, I'm sure quite a few mission makers will use it!

Yeah I'm hoping a tutorial will pop up soon. I know Toasticuss used it in his mission 'Operation Black Thunder' and I took a look at it but could still only find this code in the init.sqf.

You need the Functions Module on the map. Otherwise that code works just fine. Any functions starting with "BIS_fnc" or references to:

waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_init")};

require the Functions Module (F7) to be on the map to work.

Alright, works. Awesome :D Now, my question is how do I get more lines to show up?

I am using this code

[str("Camp Marne") , str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0), str("3rd Infantry Division"), str("Renegade")] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

But only the top half of "Renegade" appears. Is there a way to increase the 'box' size of this, or am I stuck with only 3 lines?

You should lookup BIS_fnc_infoText by creating a trigger that goes call BIS_fnc_help and check what the limits are. You can always create your own resource to do whatever you feel like. I made a 9 line typewriter script and resource I can use for anything I like, so I guess anything is possible...