Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

JadeWars TVT/COOP/SP

IceBreakr presents... with association of PeterGrozni & Maj Z:

jadewars4_02.jpg

JADE=*=WARS: War for Fuel

Mission that can be played in singleplayer (SP), cooperatively (CoOp) or team vs team (TvT). Tribute to Interstate '76 game and MadMax movies.

Players: 14 (7 per each side)

Required addons: ACE2 1.1+, MFP Raiders v0.99+

Story

Jade Groove. Island inhabited with few survivors of the nuclear holocaust. Money got replaced by Fuel. He who owns the fuel owns the island. And your goal is to escape from it. Mercenaries landed one week ago with their C130 planes and took control of all oil pumps. Oil is now stored in trucks. Trucks that we need to secure and bring back to base. When we are powerful enough we need to attack Merc HQ and steal one of their fuel-dry C130s. And escape South where Tommorow-morrow is. Its

only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage that will survive.

Briefing for MFP (Main Force Patrol)

We are Main Force Patrol (MFP), main police unit preserving peace on Jade Groove island. Well, whats left of it. We are last warriors that can stop this madness, this chaos. Our enemies are sneaky and blood-thirsty Raiders and powerful Mercs (AI) - guys that took control of the government-owned compounds.

Our main vehicle is Interceptor 2 aka 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner. With its V8 7.0 engine it can reach up to 180km/h (113mph) but its known to have terrible cornering capabilities.

Weapons:

Captain owns a shotgun, all other patrolmen have a pistol. Thats it. We need to scavenge the area for new stuff or attack Merc compounds to get heavy stuff.

Vehicles:

There are several patrol vehicles available, motorcycles and ATVs. If we acquire fuel truck we will get new vehicles with high priced fuel sales (automatic).

Enemy Threat:

1. Raiders. A blood-thirsty gang that operates from <marker Dogtown Camp. Their goal is to be faster and more powerful than us. They want to escape from this island, too.

2. Mercs (AI). They own oil-pumping compounds and have HQ in Rockley up North. They are trained professionals and well armed. They will protect compound and their Rockley with their lives.

3. Crazies (AI). Local folks that will shoot and ask questions later. They roam the island or protect their piece of land.

Reinforcements:

Are available every 10 seconds at MFP Justice Halls. Consult your Captain before you leave the Halls.

A-TENT-TION, Captain speaking![/b]

Its official, we are broke as fuel is running low and we are poorly armed. Today we head out and attack Merc compounds - we need those fuel trucks back at HQ.

PHASE 1

We need to find up to 5 fuel trucks. Three of them are located in one of 7 compounds (M1-M7).

One fuel truck is travelling in a merc convoy with very special fuel.

Last fuel truck got lost, even Mercs don't know where it currently is.

When we get them back to HQ we will get new weapons and vehicles for further operations. We need to ambush Raiders as they will be doing the same!

PHASE 2

This phase starts when all trucks are stolen or destroyed. A new sector will open up North. There is Rockley Airbase guarded by best mercenaries. We need to head there, neutralize guard, fill-up C130 Hercules with gas and escape South to freedom and promised new land. Raiders will try to do the same...

Briefing for Raiders Gang

We formed a gang. We scavenge the terrain for useful stuff and wreak chaos around Jade Groove. This destabilization enables us to gain control over Jade Groove. We are a new law and order around here. And those civilians who did want to join us are expendable. Our enemy are active MFP units and Mercs that try to keep all the good stuff to themselves.

Our main vehicle is a stolen police 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner but repainted to our style! With its V8 7.0 engine it can reach up to 180km/h (113mph) but its known to have terrible cornering capabilities.

Weapons:

Leader owns a shotgun, all other bandits have a pistol. Thats it. We need to scavenge the area for new stuff or attack Merc compounds to get heavy stuff.

Vehicles:

There are several cars available, motorcycles and ATVs. If we acquire fuel truck we will get new vehicles with high priced fuel sales (automatic).

Enemy Threat:

1. Cops aka MFP. Couple of cops still patrol the highways. Their base is in Port Justice. Their goal is to be faster and more powerful than us. They want to escape from this island, too.

2. Mercs (AI). They own oil-pumping compounds and have HQ in Rockley up North. They are trained professionals and well armed. They will protect compound and their Rockley with their lives.

3. Crazies (AI). Local folks that will shoot and ask questions later. They roam the island or protect their piece of land. They absolutely hate us. We dont know why, probably because of all our killings and rapes in the past month.

Reinforcements:

Are available every 10 seconds at Dogtown Camp. Consult your Leader before you leave the camp.

A-TENT-TION, Leader speaking!

Its official, we are weak. Fuel is running low and we are poorly armed. Today we head out and attack Merc compounds - we need those fuel trucks back at HQ.

PHASE 1

We need to find up to 5 fuel trucks. Three of them are located in one of 7 compounds (M1-M7).

One fuel truck is travelling in a merc convoy with very special fuel.

Last fuel truck got lost, even Mercs don't know where it currently is.

When we get them back to HQ we will get new weapons and vehicles for further operations. We need to ambush MFP as they will be doing the same!

PHASE 2

This phase starts when all trucks are stolen or destroyed. A new sector will open up North. There is Rockley Airbase guarded by best mercenaries. We need to head there, neutralize guard, fill-up C130 Hercules with gas and escape South to freedom and promised new land. MFP Cops will try to do the same...

-------------

DOWNLOAD

Latest version of mission can always be downloaded at:

http://www.icebreakr.com/islands/index.php?island=jade&show=missions

Any feedback appreciated - especially new feature ideas, bugreports and AAR (debriefing reports).

Edited by IceBreakr

Couple of shots from 4th event so you get a better feel for the mission:

Merc convoy spotted in the distance, prepare ambush!

jadewars4_01.jpg

Ambushed Raider vehicle burning on the highway

jadewars4_02.jpg

MFP driver focused on the road

jadewars4_03.jpg

MFP team gets first advanced weapons

jadewars4_04.jpg

MFP stealthly approaching Merc base via canyon

jadewars4_05.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

... and there's more!

Waiting in an ambush

jadewars4_06.jpg

Best flanking position is at 6'o clock :)

jadewars4_08.jpg

MFP demands fuel or C130 gets it

jadewars4_09.jpg

Raider team scrambles in a stolen C130

jadewars4_10.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Played it for a while tonight, very good mission fits in well with the map. Think 7 v 7 is the way to play it we had 3v2, respawning cars would be nice :) And some sort of random weapon thing starting with only an M1911 isnt fun :(

Couple of bugs tho

Mission wouldnt load on dedicated server until we disabled all other mods except jade and Ace.

I couldnt connect unless i did the same got a "this mission is missing a "" please open the editor and insert"

Horrible crackling noise when using Ace Sm ( noone else had it but they had sound mods working).

I cant get this to work.I have installed it and the required addons and I get an error that MFP_Men,IBR and roadrunner are missing.They are not in the MFP raiders addon.

Could someone tell where is the Captain?

I looked all over the base and could not find him anywhere.

I went ahead and eliminated two bases and lost most of my squad. Need more men.

Could this be because I'm using GL4 and SLX??

Thanks for the help.

Hi Kommiekat,

after starting the mission in SP and fighting an epic battle at MF 6 which led to the loss of all but two of my men, I retreated with lots of weaponry and a merc transport truck. Although it seemed as if the convoy with the fuel truck came to the aid of the MF 6, I did not get it because the enemy AI managed to flip it over. Sigh...

So, what were I to do with a total force of three men?

I jumped around the MFP base for five minutes, checking every building. There is no Captain, and for a very sound reason. You, the player, are the Captain. In SP the respawning doesn't work, but if you open yourself up a LAN game, you can play as Captain and then you and all the others of your team will respawn at MFP base after dying.

So long,

tourist

Hi Kommiekat,

after starting the mission in SP and fighting an epic battle at MF 6 which led to the loss of all but two of my men, I retreated with lots of weaponry and a merc transport truck. Although it seemed as if the convoy with the fuel truck came to the aid of the MF 6, I did not get it because the enemy AI managed to flip it over. Sigh...

So, what were I to do with a total force of three men?

I jumped around the MFP base for five minutes, checking every building. There is no Captain, and for a very sound reason. You, the player, are the Captain. In SP the respawning doesn't work, but if you open yourself up a LAN game, you can play as Captain and then you and all the others of your team will respawn at MFP base after dying.

So long,

tourist

How ignorant of me! Looks like I'll have to pass on this one, though it looked like a goody.

Thanks for your reply.

I love this mission and the mods, thanks Icebreaker.

I only have a 2 things that are wonky in SP.

The Bandits dont seem active at all, and i can actually switch to them from the Team menu. there are only 7 of those guys so not a big deal but the roads seemed kind of empty without bikers to run down.

Also, the cops seem to use their pistols more than their newer better weapons.

I cant wait to see more mad max stuff.

Looks very nice man, downloading. Also I didn't know you released Jade Groove recently (Which looks top notch) and that new one you've got on it's way looks great too man ;)

Very cool mission so far. I agree that the roads (and the compounds for that matter) could use some dynamics. This mission is sreaming for some DAC overlays!

I'm making a bit of a necropost here, but I'm having issues getting this scenario to run and I very much want to play it.

I've got CBA, ACE and all of the ACEX modules installed and updated through SIX Updater, plus the island and the units packs in the @jade folder. I'm running ArmA2:CO.

My shortcut looks as such:

-noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_PLA;@jade"

When I go to start the scenario in multiplayer or singleplayer it first kicks back the error:

truck5t.png

It seems that, at one point, they may have changed truck5t to ACE_Truck5t.

Then, after hitting OK to go from the mission select screen to the choose-your-role screen, I get this:

ace_ru_sys_repair.png

This is odd, for one, because I have no errors like this with any other mission, and two, because I clearly do have ACEX_RU running as confirmed on the main menu.

I can continue and start the mission, and the opening credits roll, but things seem off. For instance, the Mercenaries which are supposed to be in the oil truck convoy are all dead when I get there and there's only the one fuel truck.

Could you help me get this running? I really do want to play this, and I think putting the effort into this post shows to what extent I'm willing to go, lol.

Edited by Eckhart

With no other mods, I get this:

jadeonly.png

Which is from the ACE content missing.

I don't have any mods other than the requirements running, which is only CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_USNavy, ACEX_RU, and ACEX_PLA stuff, plus jade. When I disable the various ACEX components I get varying errors of missing stuff and I cannot get into the mission.

I was messing around with it a bit yesterday and with changing the one class name from truck5t to ace_truck5t in the mission files I removed the first error, but the second error regarding acex_ru_sys_repair persists. Though it only seems to pop up when I run the mission in multiplayer - I don't get the error when previewing the un-pbo'd mission files in the editor.

Ok again: its a problem with ace (as you can see in the error messages). Its got nothing to do with the original mission or the Jade Groove island.