Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I had that too. You need to change the 'start in' path on your shortcut to point to the arma2 directory, mine was "c:\arma2\" and make sure you add the -mod=beta line as well.

Sakura_Chan thank you )

I dont watch at:

- Make sure the shortcut's "Start In" section refers to main "Arma 2 " main working folder and NOT "Arma 2/beta"

example: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

Now all is ok. All smoke grenades now working! :yay:

Question for those with new/jerky mouse problems, have you disabled/changed the mouse pointer precision settings in windows ? You might want to play with this too in your control panel...

Pointer precision and everything tested.

Right now it seems the people that HAD mouse lag are trying to make us that DIDNT have mouse lag look like idiots. I guess what comes around goes around LOL!

Make Mouse Smooth as an option and this debate is not needed. I dont see the problem. We will however have a problem if mouse smooth is left all off, or all on wont we?

EDIT: At the best setting (had to change every setting available in windows/mouse/game) and the best result i get is that the mouse feels/looks as if it runs on tracks with rivets every millimeter. So when moving rather slow left to right my weapon shakes in a perfect pattern. Like if you moved something over rivets placed out perfectly every millimeter. and when slowing down to real slow its like: move-stop-move-stop-move-stop... As in NO mouse smooth.

Just make it an option. In-game or CFG wise. Doesnt matter to me as long as i can change it.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Still getting the same FPS in Chernogorsk and Elekrovadosk but the stuttering and sluggishness seem to be greatly reduced, cities are a much smoother experience now.

I noticed there is no need to have the DVD in the drive for the beta patch. This made me happy.

I've just been playing for about 30mins. I didn't have any mouse lag problems, the new mouse movement is noticeable at first, but then i forgot about it within minutes, so it really doesn't bother me.

Same here

Its good to have the sound delay back, I just needed to comment on that. No longer can they dodge my sniper bullets

+1 :yay:

Before the sound engine played the detonation first, then the sound of the bullet passing by. Now, "whizz" then "bang", scary :D

Just been doing some testing with two groups of AI and without the patch you can hear all the gun firing sounds but with the beta patch its like it can only play a couple of sound files at once and you can see people firing but no sound cause theres two many sound files being played..Tryed out without the patch again and works fine So are you guys getting this problem?

p.s. Im using on board sound no fancy sound card

Same problem here, USMC rifle squad versus Russian infantry squad, some sounds are cut.

With patch 1.03, there was sound distortion. Now with the beta patch sound is cut...

Overall I am happy with the beta patch. Keep up the good work BIS.

In MP logging in as admin and change any missionparameters = ctd in beta (not beta on server).

Hello Community.

Just a quick question.

My Logitech mouse has an option within the driver to activate Mouse smoothing. i am sure all the other top Mouses, ( Razer, Roccat, Microsoft ) have this as well.

I used to ALWAYS turn it off because i don't like the effect.

now in Arma2, could this solve some issues for those that have mouse problems since the patch?

Im @ work, so i cant test @ the moment, but try it out, maybe it helps some.

Greetings

It didn't work for me, and I have a Logitech MX518. It doesn't matter what settings I use or if I use the native XP driver, I've tried all settings, still very messy stuttering mouse movement. It feels as if someone would have poured sand on the mouse pad.

hmm I prefer it with the mouse smoothing off but I can see how some might like that feature.

it was just slightly noticeable in 1.03 but switching between the two it's more obvious that it was creating a floaty feel to the mouse movements.

This is ultra weird.

I have zero issue with beta mouse movement, I don't even see the pixel skipping you're all talking about, apart perhaps when I use high zoom weapons. In fact I really prefer beta mouse movement over normal A2 one. It feels far more responsive (more "twitchy", and no, it's not bad even for a simulation game).

Could we have some more precise reports?

Mouse used? DPI? Specific settings (try modifying the "render frames ahead" parameters, for example)

In game : what amount of deadzone? Pixel skipping appearing inside and/or outside of deadzone? how does changing in game sens affect things?

Personaly : Logitech MX1000, I think I modified render frames ahead to 0

Zero deadzone most of the time (I find the difference in speed of movement between inside and outside deadzone too mush), low sens (low sens == precise aiming :) )

Result : Pixel skipping not noticeable

I have a Logitech MX518 too, and I tried to change almost every mouse settings without any effect. We really need to have "mouse smoothing" as an option. If not, then I can stop playing ArmA2 with the feature patches and stay on final 1.03, which I dont want to. :(

Whisper: yes, I have also tried to set max pre-rendered frames to 0, to 3, to 2, to 8 without any effect.

Edited by Pauliesss

I have a question, is this patch like in ARMA1 where you could launch both the beta and the official patch with two different icons?

Edited by SASrecon

what version are the multiplayer servers currentley running the beta or the regular 1.3? And where do I find the carrier in chernarus editor?

I also have a MX518, beta is unplayable, the mouse literally jurks around. I have no issues with the normal patch.

And where do I find the carrier in chernarus editor?

You dont-unless you use an addon to place the Carrier.

[58729] Fixed: Simulate speed of sound

Is this just to do with sound effects or if i go fast enough get sonic booms?

Just one question, is the mouse movement just goes back to the old ofp days or is it turn to another feeling?

Just one question, is the mouse movement just goes back to the old ofp days or is it turn to another feeling?

Best would be to test it ;)

It's a BI beta, it doesn't touch your original 1.03 (that you can still play) and just add the beta as a mod. You lose nothing when installing it

I have a Logitech MX518 too, and I tried to change almost every mouse settings without any effect. We really need to have "mouse smoothing" as an option. If not, then I can stop playing ArmA2 with the feature patches and stay on final 1.03, which I dont want to. :(

Whisper: yes, I have also tried to set max pre-rendered frames to 0, to 3, to 2, to 8 without any effect.

Totally agree with that !! My logitech G7 is now useless with Arma2 !:mad:

BIS please release that "mouse smoothing" as an option !

Thanks.

Hi all

Sound problems and a related CTD solved with this Beta. No Mouse problems for me with 1.03 or the beta but I go along with having mouse smoothing as an option.

Kind Regards walker

Best would be to test it ;)

It's a BI beta, it doesn't touch your original 1.03 (that you can still play) and just add the beta as a mod. You lose nothing when installing it

Lol, I only have demo installed because i want to make sure that future patch do fix the game before buying it(and above all i dont really have time to play games like i used to in the old days)

Is this just to do with sound effects or if i go fast enough get sonic booms?

i think it just means that they fixed some of the bugs in the sound engine

I have a question, is this patch like in ARMA1 where you could launch both the beta and the official patch with two different icons?

Yes, it's like Arma1: You can launch beta version or official one.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

badger;1412724']:( Game don't start with this patch! I have error "No entry '.profilePathDefault'"

damnarma1.th.jpg

After this see:

damnarma.th.jpg

And windows say me that arma made critical error and must be closed.

damnarma2.th.jpg

With 1.03 not beta patch' date=' all is good...[/quote']

You need to launch the "Launch Arma2 Beta Patch" shortcut in your Arma2 root directory, not the Arma2.exe located in beta folder !

Im on MX518 as well.

BIS please can you tell us if its possible to make mouse smoothing an option. As tiring as it is for people with mouse lag when smoothing is ON - its equally tiring to us that didnt have a problem in the first place with it off. So its going reversed, and therefor - we need mouse smooth as an option to make everyone happy. Also, an option for it would make us stop debate this tedious mouse lag discussion... The whole problem would get sorted.

Me, and im sure many would be happy to hear if this could be made optional so we can stop wondering and spamming about it. Cause i have to admit i am afraid. This is the only game i play...

Thanks.

Alex

Comments about mouse lag.

Alex

I have been reading through this thread and noticed from page 2 until now all you have done over and over again is whine about the mouse lag because it doesn't suit you, now I know it was a couple of pages ago since your last moan but when the build is updated again and your still not happy I imagine we will see more whining. Please just give it a rest, you have said your bit so move onto something else.

EDIT. HAHAHA i cannot believe it once again another comment, do you like the sound of your own typing?