Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Crystal, is this A2 destoryed city picture ? :)

Crystal, is this A2 destoryed city picture ? :)

Yes it is, I've seen somewhere two pictures, one before and one after military operations in the city :)

Looks really promising. :D

Yes it is, I've seen somewhere two pictures, one before and one after military operations in the city :)

Looks really promising. :D

Both pics are from the Arma2 Facebook page and can be viewed there, side by side. Pretty amazing stuff. :cool:

Oh god..I just realised...castles....cows....we....we can have a Monty Python mod...

and we have hare! :)

You can load other vehicles on to the AAV7? Wow thats really nice...

If this is a general function, modder might be able to put bikes on civllian cars roof too :D:)

Yes but it seems that you can't still shot from these possions. :eek::(

Hmmm maybe you can also add a gun?:)

AI (or AI groups if there are many individuals) don't seem to react to dangers or sounds in the environment quick enough. You can look at them for a sec or two at very close range before they aim and shoot.

If they hear gunfire nearby they should take cover and wait for enemies to arrive or approach if they have superiour arms or numbers, or retreat if they are in a bad position for defence. Not just standing up in the middle of the road while knowing they have bad reactions.

They should create some sort of event-object with various properties which could serve as list-input to priority based AI-decisionmaking.

You can load other vehicles on to the AAV7? Wow thats really nice...

If this is a general function, modder might be able to put bikes on civllian cars roof too :D:)

i agree, what a nice feature to see those bikes on top of that tranport vehicle! awesome!

If they give us opportunity to shoot from the top of any vehicle on which we can sit (or stand) then it'll be really brilliant. I think on this forum everybody is waiting for that kind extensions.

Just wondering if there are any pics of the trains? Can someone give me a link?

Thanks.

Although I do doubt it, it has not been confirmed that shooting from vehicles has been left out! I mean, if you were resting on top of a vehicle, would you have your gun readied at ALL times?

Edited by An-225

Exactly, plus you would have a hard time to not fall from the vehicle while it moves over bumpy ground, thinking of firing precise shots... dunno never really saw anyone do that.

And if someoen wants shooting from vehicles, dunno why that wouldnt work, at least on BMPs or other vehicles you could simulate the firing ports as a extra gun, kinda like the bow guns on the BMD by Soul Assassin or the one by Mecha Stalin for ArmA.

Some niiiice new nature pictures at devblog =)

http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/finally-water_en.html

PS: Yes, we know that there is grass in pond, we will finallize clutter mask tommorow ;)

Actually it doesnt look all that bad. I like how the ponds look a lot more alive and habited when there is some greenery around.

Edited by EgWal

Wow, that green water made my heart a bit warmer. Personally i think that in visual detail ArmA meets top shelf among other products which were basically graphics-oriented (Crysis, FC2). And I mean really top ones, cause it's a lot harder to make great graphics in real terrain (It's hard to make ugly game in space today, with usage of libraries), and not fall into the abstract hollywood movie-like style like COD4, which was stunning, but good for fairy tales.

I wish there would be a little improvement of rain. Dunno, it looks so out of dimension. Maybe if they had a little influence on enviroment, like drops making thoose little white splashes, or changing bumpmapping texture for lakes that are under fire rain

Looks like rain is still made just like in OFP and ArmA. I was really expecting particle rain this time with real drops. But at least the water looks good and can be added to any terrain level.

Edited by Norsu

chernarus is certainly a beautiful country. its a shame we have to spill blood there :p

But it would indeed be beautiful blood... k. giving myself nightmares..