Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

must one use/follow the official beta patch available on the six updater with jayarma2lib_new? cos on SU did a big jump from 89223 to 90242 recently and i want to stick with 89223 beta patch but use jayarma2lib_new... will there be problems?

thanks.

must one use/follow the official beta patch available on the six updater with jayarma2lib_new? cos on SU did a big jump from 89223 to 90242 recently and i want to stick with 89223 beta patch but use jayarma2lib_new... will there be problems?

thanks.

JayArma2Lib_New simply requires any beta with callExtension support. No particular beta.

You could just try and see for yourself?

Also the latest beta contains these fixes on top of 89223:

[89964] Fixed: Linux servers were never green in server list.

[89899] Fixed: Helicopter is more accurate with unguided rockets

[89898] Fixed: Secondary gunner tracks enemies

[89603] Fixed: A possible crash when textures were loading too slow from the disk.

[89523] Fixed: Crash during engine termination from multiplayer game.

[89361] Fixed: Linux server slow startup

Not sure why you would want to stick to 89223.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

I have an error in the RPT when using the write pipe functionality:

Error in expression <
};
_args = _args + _str;
};
_return = _JERR_ERR_U;
_call = _functionName + ",">
 Error position: <_JERR_ERR_U;
_call = _functionName + ",">
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _jerr_err_u
File x\jayarma2lib\addons\common\XEH_preinit.sqf, line 24

Is this something to be concerned about? Thank in advance. :)

In case not getting sorted, I'd recommend checking ARMA2Net, if you can use it, it is actively developed, documented and supported, might get you quicker where you want to be. Edited by Sickboy

JayArma2Lib_New simply requires any beta with callExtension support. No particular beta.

You could just try and see for yourself?

Also the latest beta contains these fixes on top of 89223:

[89964] Fixed: Linux servers were never green in server list.

[89899] Fixed: Helicopter is more accurate with unguided rockets

[89898] Fixed: Secondary gunner tracks enemies

[89603] Fixed: A possible crash when textures were loading too slow from the disk.

[89523] Fixed: Crash during engine termination from multiplayer game.

[89361] Fixed: Linux server slow startup

Not sure why you would want to stick to 89223.

ok thanks, i stick with 89223 cos i like that particular build's 'look into the direction when driving' feature. the new one's a bit weird.

but sorry for off-topic post.

PS: Jayarma2lib still works with 89223, but u need to enable beta checkbox in SU to be able to grab the jayarma2lib_new mod in the modlist though. thanks

PS: Jayarma2lib still works with 89223, but u need to enable beta checkbox in SU to be able to grab the jayarma2lib_new mod in the modlist though. thanks
Of course, has always been. There is no official patch yet with support for callExtension.

So if you don't enable the Beta, it uses the old @JayArma2Lib that's supposed to work with (few select) builds without callExtension.

Hello,

Since I have ArmaX I would like to know if it is now supported by jayarma2lib.

Thanks

Hi all,

nobody can help me with a solution ?

I have Arma X...what I should do to solve the JayArma2Lib problem ?

Thank you

Regards

dsound.dll appears to be causing crashes to desktop to anything after 1.62 final, all beta's before this are fine.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137735-arma-2-oa-steam-patch-1-62-won-t-launch-anymore&highlight=dsound

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137397-Arma-2-CO-reinforcements-has-stopped-working-help&highlight=dsound

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137697-ARMA2-CTD-after-offical-1-62-patch&highlight=dsound

i also had a APPCRASH problem were my game failed to even get past the first check box that was solved by removing dsound.dll

Edit: seeing Jaynus hasn't visted this site since Dec last year if anyone else has contact info or knows if someone has taken over for him and could alert them that would be great :)

I was told that the new patch includes jayarma2lib as well as dsound.dll...

Hi, please use @jayarma2lib_new on sixupdater. :) As of 1.62 there is no need for patching or using dsound.dll as BIS has included functionality to call external DLL files.

Hi, please use @jayarma2lib_new on sixupdater. :) As of 1.62 there is no need for patching or using dsound.dll as BIS has included functionality to call external DLL files.

Hmm ok,

i delete dsound.dll (in Arma2 folder, not in @jayarma2lib folder) and i can lunch game (Arma + Ace + Acre + jayarma2lib)

When i'm in game i have a message who said Acre : @jayarma2lib not installed, check jayarma2lib installation

Any idea ? any fix ? any issue ? ;)

Thx for answer.

Edited by Baph

You need to run "@JayArma2Lib_new". It sounds like you're still trying to launch the game with the old mod. Are you using Six Updater to launch Arma2?

alright, cheers mate.

You need to run "@JayArma2Lib_new". It sounds like you're still trying to launch the game with the old mod. Are you using Six Updater to launch Arma2?

No i use only Arma II Luncher.

Where can i find _new ????

No i use only Arma II Luncher.

Where can i find _new ????

Sixupdater will be your best bet for the latest version

Sorry but where i can find @JayArma2Lib_new on SixUpdater ?

I can't see it in the list.

I'm having the same problem and I even tried what firefly suggested.

It's OK for me... ACRE work fine with Jayarma2lib v1.4.0 included in the ACRE download.

Do not use Jayarma2lib v1.4.38

What's with the new update on Six making "_new" now obsolete?

I keep getting a "wrong version error", I'm confused as to how I get this working, can anyone help?

jayarma2lib_fnc_getLocalTime doesn't return accurate results - often off by hours. Essentially broken on my system (tested only on one machine). Windows 8 64-bit.

jayarma2lib_fnc_getLocalTime doesn't return accurate results - often off by hours. Essentially broken on my system (tested only on one machine). Windows 8 64-bit.

Yea it is totally broken, haha.