Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Appreciate that. Did a lot of research trying to make the weapon work as realistically as possible within the constraints of ArmA2.

The Scud is basically a souped-up clone of the old German V2 and does not have a large payload capacity - none more than 1,000 kg. The D version is the most accurate and can carry a payload of 985 kg. But even that weight is not purely HE. It needs sensors, fuzing, and a casing for the explosives. So I'd expect the blast to be no larger than a Mk83 bomb and no smaller than the Mk82.

I'd have thought maybe double the Mk83, don't confuse Ibs for kgs.

I'm a pure metric guy - did not confuse units.

BIS uses a very opaque system for explosives - look at the configuration numbers for a satchel charge vs the GBU. This leads to effects that are don't always match reality - one reason I use my own damage physics for my warheads.

As a result - tried to couch my answer on a conventional HE warhead for the scud to best match BIS weapons, not the real thing.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Xeno426, good post on RWR :) You are covering quite well there 80´s and 90´s techs, now there are other systems able to locate incoming objects 360 degs all around the plane and auto-categorize them as missiles, planes, choppers, etc. F35 seems to excell in this category.

Note that with MMA you have all the info about the fired missile: SARH? AR? Inertial + AR? IR? So having a more complex and complete RWR is quite doable, but it would require a time that I dont have, so I'm focusing a bit more on playability A2 escenary oriented. ATM I guess best and cheapest option is just to use fixed "lenghts" for the incoming missile vectors from the RWR.

ckolonko, MMA Score menu action presence will be optional in next beta.

Xeno426, good post on RWR :) You are covering quite well there 80´s and 90´s techs, now there are other systems able to locate incoming objects 360 degs all around the plane and auto-categorize them as missiles, planes, choppers, etc. F35 seems to excell in this category.

A lot of advancement is in new systems that can detect the IR signature of a missile's engine. Obviously this only is useful if the missile's engine is still burning, but a missile who's fuel is used up is also generally easier to out-maneuver. In either case, it provides a warning for incoming missiles, both IR and RW, so long as the motor is still running.

Hey Mandoble,

In your next update could you possibly include MMA support for the Su-25K (both normal and desert) in the Dangerous Designs SLA Pack. Its not fun going up against F16s with no flares and super fast missiles.

Thanks

Sure Nightrain, can you write down here the following info:

- Parent class of the Su25K

- List of weapons

To get all these you can execute the following from the init.sqf of a mission where your vehicle is one of these Su25:

diag_log format["%1 [""%2"",%3,%4],", typeOf vehicle player, getText (configFile>>"cfgVehicles">>typeOf vehicle player >>"displayName"), magazines vehicle player, weapons vehicle player];
diag_log format["[%1],", configName (inheritsFrom(configFile>>"cfgVehicles">> (typeOf vehicle player)))];

The output will be written in your A2/OA rpt file, just copy and paste it here or in a PM.

Heres for the Regular Camo:

"HSO_Rook_SLA ["Su-25K",["180Rnd_30mm_GSh301","4Rnd_FAB_250","2Rnd_R73","80Rnd_S8T","120Rnd_CMFlareMagazine"],["GSh301","AirBombLauncher","R73Launcher_2","S8Launcher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"

"[su25_base],"

Desert Camo:

"HSO_DES_Rook_SLA ["Su-25K",["180Rnd_30mm_GSh301","4Rnd_FAB_250","2Rnd_R73","80Rnd_S8T","120Rnd_CMFlareMagazine"],["GSh301","AirBombLauncher","R73Launcher_2","S8Launcher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"

"[su25_base],"

There is 2 variants of an Mi-35, 8 variants of the Mi-17/Mi-17Md, 2 variants of AN-2, 2 variants of the BMP-2, and 2 variants of the BRDM-ATGM. Do you want those as well?

Hey Mando. After Friday's ACE update when i fire the Javelin on the Direct Ground mode the missile just flies straight into the air. Can you please adjust it? Thanks.

Just curious to know if this is compatible with the BE edition of warfare. I've been trying to incorporate it but so far the only thing that works is the MMA score tool.

Just curious to know if this is compatible with the BE edition of warfare. I've been trying to incorporate it but so far the only thing that works is the MMA score tool.

Might want to check out my warfare, has Mando Fully implemented into it. Just dePBO it and you can look at how it works.

Nightrain, while the new MMA update arrives, at mission level you can activate MMA setups for all the vehicles you listed there (have a look to the setup scripts inside mando_missiles\setups and the contents of the global mando_setup_full.sqf.

For example, for you new Su25 classes and after mma initialization you might add the following to init.sqf

// The following scripts are for players only, no need to run on dedi servers
[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

// HSO Su39/25
  [["HSO_Rook_SLA","HSO_DES_Rook_SLA"], 0, "", [4,6], [4,6], 10, 10, 0, [4,3,-4], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_su25.sqf", 0, 0.05, [[-7,"R73Launcher_2"],[-6,"Ch29Launcher"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

};

I noticed a small issue the other day. This seems to happen only with AI Manned static defenses (from what I've seen).

I saw a TOW Missile launcher fire two missiles. One of them went straight and a second one came out that was being guided at a target (this one had the mando smoke effects on it).

I'll try to get a video tonight of it happening and try to repro it.

I also noticed with the Javelin when running the current version and the latest ACE (I'm sorry, but I simply love and prefer Mando's Javelin, hehe) that when trying to do the ground attack--the rocket I guess goes straight off on it's own instead of where you locked on. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not. I've been away with a stomach flu (still have it, ugh) so only managed to play today for a little while and noticed it when trying to do ground attacks.

I know ACE changed things up a bit by making the Jav rounds into disposable tubes instead of having to load up on rocket rounds, and also have the CLU in your binoc slot. So maybe the changes are causing this--not sure yet.

[EDIT] Oops! Just noticed Fisgas' post about this as well. My apologies fellas.

Edited by Yokhanan
being stupid and not paying attention--doh!

I also noticed with the Javelin when running the current version and the latest ACE (I'm sorry, but I simply love and prefer Mando's Javelin, hehe) that when trying to do the ground attack--the rocket I guess goes straight off on it's own instead of where you locked on. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not. I've been away with a stomach flu (still have it, ugh) so only managed to play today for a little while and noticed it when trying to do ground attacks.

I know ACE changed things up a bit by making the Jav rounds into disposable tubes instead of having to load up on rocket rounds, and also have the CLU in your binoc slot. So maybe the changes are causing this--not sure yet.

[EDIT] Oops! Just noticed Fisgas' post about this as well. My apologies fellas.

I have seen this too, your not alone in this situation:)

And I just saw your post in red, crap............lol :)

It seems one week ago there were some modifications in ACE affecting the Javelin, I'm trying to find out which where these and if they can affect MMA in someway. Just to confirm, is this issue affecting only Ground Mode fire? This would be quite weird, as MMA (any firing mode) depends only on having Javelin as current weapon all the time. I guess that if CLU is used as Binocs it might become the current weapon and this would break everything related to MMA targeting, as MMA would detect that your current weapon is not Javelin anymore. Might be some extra change related to Fired EH is also affecting.

@Steve - lol, I said the same thing.

@Mandoble - Yeah they have it where the tube and CLU are separate. So even if you spend all your javelin tubes, you can still use the CLU and its thermal capabilities as binoc's. So yeah, I'm guessing with the way they set it up now, that's probably what "broke" the Mando capabilities now. I'm going to try having a game with the guys later, so hopefully it'll be a mission where I can test the other firing modes with the Javelin and let you know what happens--unless someone else has already done so. :)

Edited by Yokhanan

Got some extra info from zGuba: with the latest update ACE replaces the javelin by another disposable weapon automatically after missile is fired. As Javelin is no longer your current weapon, MMA deactivates automatically the system and the guidace, and all this happens extactly at firing time (which BTW should also disable the mma javelin graphical interface).

Got some extra info from zGuba: with the latest update ACE replaces the javelin by another disposable weapon automatically after missile is fired. As Javelin is no longer your current weapon, MMA deactivates automatically the system and the guidace, and all this happens extactly at firing time (which BTW should also disable the mma javelin graphical interface).

Curious. The INKO mod does the same to the NLAW. I'm surprised nobody has brought up any compatibility issues with that. Whatever fix you come up with you should also apply to the NLAW to prevent any future conflicts.

I do not envision any change at MMA level, as all the scrips are based on keeping your current weapon. The change would be too massive just to consider two exceptions. Hopefully these features can be disabled in the corresponding mods for these missile launchers.

Hi Mandoble,

I know for the Gun Attacker we can use this:

mygun1 setVariable ["mando_gunattacker_on", false]

But for the Mando_bo_seasparrow_auto, can we disable it say when the Radar is destroyed? What would the setVariable be?

I noticed a small issue the other day. This seems to happen only with AI Manned static defenses (from what I've seen).

I saw a TOW Missile launcher fire two missiles. One of them went straight and a second one came out that was being guided at a target (this one had the mando smoke effects on it).

I'll try to get a video tonight of it happening and try to repro it.

I've also seen this happening quite a lot with AI-fired missiles in Warfare BE 2.068 recently. Affects both infantry systems and vehicles.

Player launched missiles seem to be fine.

Any quick solution for this that can be patched in?

Hey Mando, any news on the two missiles fired per shot issue?

Another thing I noticed in Warfare BE 2.068 when changing aircraft weaponry with the EASA system: When I swap the FAB250 bombs on the MI-24P for R-73 AA missiles, the helicopter does not offer any means to actually launch them. Shouldn't there be a R-73 HUD mode in this case? I noticed HUD systems and weapon cameras to adjust to new armament just fine otherwise.