vilas

VILAS addons release thread

i have Specter DR model for 416, so it is 5 seconds of copy-paste ... when i will be back home from mountains, so probably 10-th Sept. morning :]

versions you seen on screens are on my forum, but it is wip, so no pictures/icons made yet, not tested by others yet (as Latvian soldier is done too and it is wip under test, cause after finalizing Polish addon i have to update rest of addons - P85, weaponholders, weapon packs, vehicles pack, maybe Alien's Marines addon)

if you'd asked for them 4-5 hours ago, probably they would be already on FTP, cause i have Specter DR and copy-paste is not big deal

Awesome, thanks again Vilas. No big deal that I missed out, I'm a patient person. Grabbed the current version though, am looking forward to trying out all the new G36's soon. Have an excellent holliday too.

Edited by SuicideCommando

Hi vilas, i think my brother found small bug (Maybe you know about this one i dont know :) ) in your Modern Polish Army and Police v15-08-2012. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7035.

Take a soldier from this pack and give him Gluberyt or PM 63 RAK , now lie down on the ground and try to look through iron sights, You dont see anything. The entire screen is covered probably by the texture from uniform or maybe by part of model (maybe vest or something? ).

hi, so G36 with specter is ready , one KSK version for "West weapons" pack (w.i.p.) another one for Polish pack (in version ordered by "Formoza" Naval commando unit, with solid stock and Lithuanian handguard and German rail )

nowy2qz.jpg

nowy1n.jpg

west pack is under development (update upcoming) , Polish pack was updated already by 15th of Aug (but probably i will add this + move eye point in submachineguns which cause this prone-issue with arm/shoulder of soldier, maybe than ironsight will look too big, but at least in prone position there will not be this issue, or maybe i will try to find another hand animation, currently i use MP5 hand anim)

This looks outstanding! But a question arises:

"Does it come in black?"©

Wow Vilas, those look awesome. Can't wait till you update your packs with them.

Also I have a couple questions/suggestions.

1) Could you fix the hand placement on your SR-25 in the West Weapon Pack, the pistol grip doesn't sit in the hand correctly. Might be a problem with your M110 too, can't remember.

2) This UKM 2013 would be amazing for the Polish mod.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/09/03/polish-modernised-ukm-2013-machine-gun/

3) Any chance of the German G28 sniper rifle as well?

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/military/products/precision-rifles/g28/g28/overview.html

I wonder if it's possibe to make new weapon holding anims, such as one hand taking AK rifles on the amo clips, just like what RHS showing in their new Russian troop mod...?

Vilas: been away from forums for a while, did you complete new Euro vans yet? Those WIP shots looked amazing.

Vilas: been away from forums for a while, did you complete new Euro vans yet? Those WIP shots looked amazing.

they were released 15th of August , but soon there will be update (mostly RPT cleaning) to Polish pack

as well as P85 with RPT cleaning + some new things

Hi Vilas, how are you? xD, I've been using the mod @ P85 long time,i use Soviet infantry units only( to recreate in the editor the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan):

My question is this, is there any way to change the vilas weapons of the Soviets for weapons of BIS? that way I can do it and I need to change? :j: I want to make everything more compatible with ammunition boxes in the game and not go crazy, and addition to support JSRS sound mod?

Now I use a program for lodaut, but it is a pain to edit unit by unit. And change the equipment on hand.

And in case i want to modify and retouch your soviet units to make them look afghan era, give me permission?

Thank you very much. Sorry for my bad English.Greetings from the Basque Country

I put a video I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgKgcilOxM

:bounce3: Edited by LDU30

Hi Vilas, how are you? xD,

you shouldn't have asked this , i am master in moaning ;) my PC burned down and have no money for new and since almost 2 weeks .... etc. etc. no PC :P

My question is this, is there any way to change the vilas weapons of the Soviets for weapons of BIS?

so all to AK74 and AK74GP ?

but BIS hasn't done so much varianst of AK74, AKS74 as in P85, but if you want it changed, you can anytime edit config file from P85 USSOL.PBO , config is located in separate file, you can edit config, change tag and have your own version

i am not person who is against changing configs and releasing changed version by people, just change tag

all configs are CPP, they are not binarised, change _core or _cfg file

texture copyrights belong to ShadowNX and RHS

researches were done by RHS memebers so they are accurate, so i would not support changing models as far as i believe that RHS members have best knowledge and P85 was not only my work but RHS big work too and shape of Soviet troops in P85 is their big effort too (so it should be accurate)

but if you want change weapons to BIS OA ones (where is AKS74 ironsight) please do it if you need it, but change tag of file so it not collide

anyone can change , edit _core or _cfg files to my addons and release his own version of config, but please remember to change tag so file do not make mess in different mods

Edited by vilas

you shouldn't have asked this , i am master in moaning ;) my PC burned down and have no money for new and since almost 2 weeks .... etc. etc. no PC :P

You know that several members here are willing to help you to get a new one. Open a payal account and we'll be glad to help.

Thanks Vilas but when edit the file P85 USSOL cfg , in the section on weapons and ammunition, to start the game I get an error, "DATA FILE TOO SHORT C \ PROGRAM FILES \ Bohemia Interactive \ ARMA2 \ ADDONS \ P85_SVSOL_CFG.PBO '. EXPECTED 1594067365 B, GOT 105570B "

And I can not start the game, as is the right way to edit the equipment? I do wrong?

I just changed the equipment a soldier to do the test (I just changed the "p85_pkm" for the "PK" of BIS in weapons and respaw weapons, a vest gunner soldier,I have not done anything more.), but will not let me, then put everything back and if I can start the game ........I need some program to modify PBO files?

I think I'ma denied for these things.xD help please.

PD:If you want, I can also donate some money (little haha) for a new pc.

Edited by LDU30

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=65&mforum=vilas

paypal donations, but i cannot check if it right and it works, also if Paypal won't block me (Paypal PL) i have no idea, i hadn't any occasion to test it yet before, better test it first with 1USD :D

at the moment i get old Asus M2NE mobo and it works at the moment (i had Asus M2NESli which burned) but rest is from PC bought for Arma1 :D :D changed after OFP :D

------------

regarding editing my configs:

- open PBO with dePbo , UnPbo or KEG tools etc.

- when you extract all .cpp, .hpp, .h etc.

- edit with notepad what you need cause it is not binarised,

- change folder name to what you want, like my_config_p85_soviet

- PBO this folder, delete my config _cfg.pbo

start Arma

Edited by vilas

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=65&mforum=vilas

paypal donations, but i cannot check if it right and it works, also if Paypal won't block me (Paypal PL) i have no idea, i hadn't any occasion to test it yet before, better test it first with 1USD :D

at the moment i get old Asus M2NE mobo and it works at the moment (i had Asus M2NESli which burned) but rest is from PC bought for Arma1 :D :D changed after OFP :D

Done. Hope some others will be willing to help too :)

Sorry to hear about your pc @vilas

I enjoy your addons/mods very much, hope everything gets sorted out.

Thanks for sharing your great mods and hard work..

Donation sent.

thanx for support , worse is that our cat run from home under car ... so it is not only PC this week :( but when i will sit my ass to work i will try not to think :(

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/viewtopic.php?t=78&mforum=vilas

do not laugh at me, old man and our cat :( i soon have 35 y.o. not 7, but still feel shame

Guys who love cats and WW1 can't be bad guys... oh wait ;)

You can get a link to the program dePbo?, The unpbo does not work or do not, I got the. Cpp,. Hpp, I've edited with notepad, but then again I can not make a pbo with them ...

What a mess ..

Do not laugh at me, and give me a hand bro, xD. I never did these things is normal :butbut:

Edit: I have done with binPBO(Bis tools), was very easy to do,now I have BIS weapons with the sounds of JSRS, thank you very much to all.

Edited by LDU30

thanx for already got donations, you'r great men !

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

i'd like to set following rig:

FX 6100 BOX ( 6 x 3.3GHZ, 14 MB cache )

ASUS M5A78L/USB 3.0

4/1333 DDR3

GTX 650 2 GB DDR5 GIGABYTE

1380 PLN/300 EU/ 450 USD

according to prices in shops in my city (http://endorsc.com.pl/index.php?cennik=1&kategoria=22&sortuj=brutto&jak=DESC in PL probably electronic parts are more expensive than US/West because of taxes) cause i can leave my Corsair 550W power unit, cooling system (AM2 and AM3 is identical when it comes to cooling setup, box tower, DVDs etc)

i also added Paypal donation to my signature, if it is against forum rules, please delete it

Edited by vilas