Sign in to follow this  
exodustormz

arma 2 demo editing

hey, I was just wondering how I place dead soldiers on the ground with weapons for pickup. I've seen this before, but can't seem to find the option in the editor. in the demo you really cant really read the entire description for the soldiers your selecting. my goal is to lay a bunch around in dm. plz help.

Set regular units where you want dead bodies then in their init lines:

this setDamage 1

They will be killed immediately upon mission start.

thanks man. now if only I knew where the init line was.:confused:

should I open the mission with notepad?

- Place the soldier on the map while in editor mode.

- Click 2 time on the soldier icon with the left mouse button.

- A window will appear and then somewhere in the middle you have a box where you can write words inside, this box is called init.

Now you should know where it is located.

I think you may be confused. I believe that box doesn't exist in the demo version. maybe I'll just make them all hold fire, then mow em down. thats all I can think of.

when you place a unit, the box looks like this - find the initialization box

hereitis.jpg

and put "this setDamage 1" as Apocal directed and it will work. Oh and btw I am 100% sure that it is in the demo because I used it in the demo.

well there's the problem. I was referring to multi player death match editing. not the single player editor. thanks anyway.

well there's the problem. I was referring to multi player death match editing. not the single player editor. thanks anyway.

Editor is the editor, regardless of SP or MP. What are you talking about? :confused:

You probably mean the Mission Wizard. That is indeed far more limited than the complete Editor.

However, if you put a mission.sqm in your Documents/Arma 2 Demo/MPMissions folder, you can edit this using the complete Editor :D

Try for instance the "Scripted Ride on APC" mission from here. Extract it to your Documents/Arma 2 Demo/MPMissions folder. Rename the onTop2.utes folder to onTop2.utes_lite (don't really know if this is neccesary), and in the mission.sqm file, change every instance of "utes" to "utes_lite".

Now start up Arma 2 Demo, go to multiplayer, and you'll find the onTop2.utes_lite mission coloured blue. Select this and click edit, and voila, you're in the Editor. No more limiting editing points, and you can use waypoints, triggers, modules, etcetera! :bounce3:

Can one take the Mission Wizard saved map and edit it in the complete editor?