Sign in to follow this  
Locke@Germany

New Addon

Locke@Germany's  additional Material Definitions (Beta)-----------------------------------------------------

1. What is this ?

-----------------------

This little Addon for Operation Flashpoint contains various different CfgTextureToMaterial

classe for a huge number of released Addons. The effect can be observed best in morning

or evening time, when the sun is low. By now they are only based on the original materials by BIS.

(Future versions will include more material and some tweaking.)

2. How to install ?

--------------------------

Just extract the PBO in your main OFP Addonsfolder, none of your existing files will be changed.

If you want to get rid of this feature just delete file or rename the file-ending to something

different than *.PBO.

4. Does it need any of the supported Addons to be installed ?

-----------------------------------------------------------

No, it absulutly doesn't matter if you've got all of the Addons which are supported. Also it works whith MOD's like FDF or CSLA, and also should work with all OFP Version

From 1.0 up to 1.96 (Only tested under 1.96).

5. Known problems.

----------------------------

Some of the supported addons won't work in there Original Version, however they are still working ingame but don't display the changes made by this addon.The reason is

rather simply, OFP doesn't seem to support CfgTextureToMaterials for MLOD Models .

If you want to make it work whith those you have to Binarize them yourselves or wait

for a new version of them to come. List of supported addons will follow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks go out to BIS for making this great game which keeps me addicted for such a long time and all the addonmakers in the comunity who constantly improve it and push OFP beyond its limits. To be true it wouldn't be so addicting without all these great addons.

If you got any questions or suggestions feel free to send me a E-Mail to Locke-Seelow@gmx.de

or PM me in the Official Forum.

Download:

Locke Materials Beta

Can we get a list of addons of which youve changed the effects on?

Will be added soon, you have to know that there are so many that its takes a little time to write down the list.

Heres a little preview:

CSLA 2

FDF 1.2

HYK's US Soldiers

All BAS Addons

and many more...

Also realy nice to are the lighting effects when firing vehicle mounted weapons in the dark, very nice examples for this are

the BAS Blackhawks&Pavehawks

I just tried the BAS BH and no new effects found rock.gif

Its the same old stupid over glare effect ... in Lupus material file it was done very well the light reflected well too.Are you sure you did the BAS BH?

bas_mat.jpg

I just checked the BIS units they aree all the same old gloomy ones ...  crazy_o.gif

what do you expected ? New Models ?

its just an config file which declares a few material to be used on the model textures which alters the way they where lighted

what do you expect?

Maybe some before and after pics would help us understand exactly what the benefits of this addon are.

Maybe some before and after pics would help us understand exactly what the benefits of this addon are.

Screenshots now can be found also in the yahoo briefcase

I've just checked on that "new" materials mod.

May i suggest that if you have time in your hands you download my old materials mod (assuming you havent already) and update it with whatever missing textures you'd find !

Not to diminish your addon, but mine has a lot more in it, i have somehow tried to keep the textures sorted (not perfect i know, and not alway up to date) and mine ACTUALLY has new MATERIAL definitions in it, not only regular 3 BIS materials.

So, i repeat, up to you to download and modify and update what you can, as long as PROPER CREDIT is given and as long as things are a little sorted out, not just appended.

EVeryone else has my permission to do the same if they want.

Just, let me know so that i can test

(and if you could comment what you've added we could come up with a large database and ppl could merge what they prefer together, cooperation, people, cooperation !)

download available on my webpage (see the sig)

I don't really see any difference. Is there somewhere a tutorial to change cfg materilas?

I just checked the BIS units they aree all the same old gloomy ones ...  crazy_o.gif

what do you expected ? New Models ?

its just an config file which declares a few material to be used on the model textures which alters the way they where lighted

I know that ofcourse crazy_o.gif

I am talking about THE LIGHTNING of those units they dont look any different at all when i used to have LUPUS's mod the difference was immediately noticeable and very PLEASANT i might add and real.

@Acecombat

Hmm, i've started my OFP whithout any mods and modelreplacements to check if it works with the original models and didn't find any problems. Also the difference should be instantly noticeable, espacialy in the evening- or morningtime.

@Lupus[WD]

Ups, looks like there are still somethings i did never noticed on the forum.

After i've downloaded your Materials Mod i noticed you've already spend some time for defining a lot of different materials.

Becouse its rather pointless to do the same thing again it will be most likely that i'll update yours whith new textures and maybe more materials.

@void_false

Here ya go..

BAS Blackhawk whithout Materials

BASBHwoFX.jpg

BAS Blackhawk whith Materials

BAS%20Blackhawk%20wFX.jpg

A10 without...

A10%20Night%20Disabled.jpg

A10%20Night%20Enabled.jpg

Without_pics.gif

screenshots of what material definitions do also available on my web page (see sig) under Unedited screenshots with LPS Materials Mod and Operation FrenchPoint mostly.

unedited sample, shot with my mod' (As in modification) :

night_sp1.jpg

Your pics dont work Locke , and i NEVER noticed anything new with the BIS or BAS units. And i do know if something gets changed as i said ive used Lupus's mod and his changes are instantly noticeable yours arent? Are the changes like too minute to be not noticeable? sad_o.gif

I am sorry but it seems this doesnt works or doesnt changes much for us to notice , though i've been waiting for someone to do something like this since Lupus made his one.

@Acecombat

Ok pictures should work again. If so just take a look and them and you will see that the changes are very easy to see.

Also i don't know what you've done wrong, just install it into your OFP Addons folder and nothing more.   sad_o.gif

Does anybody got the same problem like Acecombat ?

I am sorry but it seems this doesnt works or doesnt changes much for us to notice , though i've been waiting for someone to do something like this since Lupus made his one.

What have you been waiting ? i dont really understand this part of the post.

When it comes to Locke@Germany's materials, maybe they are overridden by some materials from a config.bin or config.cpp loaded after the addon (in a mod)

Try alt-tabbing to desktop and back to game and see if it makes any difference.

BTW, my addon has been updated several times, i dont know if you know but the latest version i put on my page is dated 09/06 bas helos are included since a long time..

i see the difference here easily, man looks like there is different textures or smoother metal palting on those birds tounge_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Any chance of a mirror? I dont get on with yahoo - can never download anything from it.

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]Ok pictures should work again. If so just take a look and them and you will see that the changes are very easy to see.

Also i don't know what you've done wrong, just install it into your OFP Addons folder and nothing more.

I see them now and god damnit , i guess it doesnt works for me judging from those before after pics , just look at my pic i posted a page back the BH one , its the same old reflection nothing new .. how do you make this work? I just put it in my OFP/Addons folder. Maybe i should try the RES one eh? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]What have you been waiting ? i dont really understand this part of the post.

Waiting for someone to do changes like these on some other addons as well to make them look more smoother like Sigmas tank and some other vehicles.And i know about your updates i did have the BAS BH one smile_o.gif

@ Sep. 23 2004,00:43)]When it comes to Locke@Germany's materials, maybe they are overridden by some materials from a config.bin or config.cpp loaded after the addon (in a mod)

Could be possible although i know that there are several textures from Footmunchs newest F16 where he has assingned materials to that are also still defined in my config but never had any problems.

some of sig tanks and combat! bradleys are in my mod, amongst other things... now if Locke@Germany is going to try to update my version, good luck to him smile_o.gif hope he'll sort that out.

btw, his addon works exactly like mine, except that mine uses new material definitions, not the ones from bis.

So the install should be exactly the same and the limitations too.

Like some cases where materials are reset to bin/config values when playing online. This can be fixed by alt tabing and back to the game after the first time one has spawned in a mission.