Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

There is a problem with new scopes.

They do not lock the rifles with zeroing.

This means if I put new AMS on a weapon like Cyrus, I can use PgUp and PgDown to set zeroing, thus making the scope useless due to scopes static markings.

Scopes like ARCO seem to work fine, AMS does not "adapt" to the weapon selected properly. The question is then - do "static markings" scopes adapt their markings based on weapon or do they change their trajectory to meet the markings?

Tested at time of post on RC 1.42

Edited by Abuk007

There is a problem with new scopes.

They do not lock the rifles with zeroing.

This means if I put new AMS on a weapon like Cyrus, I can use PgUp and PgDown to set zeroing, thus making the scope useless due to scopes static markings.

Scopes like ARCO seem to work fine, AMS does not "adapt" to the weapon selected properly. The question is then - do "static markings" scopes adapt their markings based on weapon or do they change their trajectory to meet the markings?

Tested at time of post on RC 1.42

AMS scope is for Mar-10 which is .338 , for Cyrus use Kahilia scope instead - also irl you need a special calibrated scope for each caliber type , so don't expect AMS scope (.338) to work with Cyrus (9.3x64mm) properly

AMS scope is for Mar-10 which is .338 , for Cyrus use Kahilia scope instead - also irl you need a special calibrated scope for each caliber type , so don't expect AMS scope (.338) to work with Cyrus (9.3x64mm) properly

Dude the only reason you calibrate zero to 300 m is convinience and because you don't usually change calibers on one rifle, modern rifles come with 3 caliber barrels, you think they get issued with 3 scopes ?

As for the ams scope .. i still have to crank the sight for 900m to shoot 1000 .. and that is for any distance past 700 m , i was mistaken yesterday ... zero is consistent with all scopes ams , lrps khalia on 1025m

zeroed for 1000 it shoots 1.5 mills above target .. i can deal with it everything has quirks ... still it would be nice if it where consistent

Edited by Razor6014

Dude the only reason you calibrate zero to 300 m is convinience and because you don't usually change calibers on one rifle, modern rifles come with 3 caliber barrels, you think they get issued with 3 scopes ?

As for the ams scope .. i still have to crank the sight for 900m to shoot 1000 .. and that is for any distance past 700 m , i was mistaken yesterday ... zero is consistent with all scopes ams , lrps khalia on 1025m

zeroed for 1000 it shoots 1.5 mills above target .. i can deal with it everything has quirks ... still it would be nice if it where consistent

Army doesn't use ONE rifle that can change Caliber type on the fly ...

and yes army uses different scopes on individual caliber type (2 types 556/762) - because you can't expect a ACOG sight that was calibrated and got reticle marks for 5.56 ballistics to work on 7.62 rifle

Army doesn't use ONE rifle that can change Caliber type on the fly ...

and yes army uses different scopes on individual caliber type (2 types 556/762) - because you can't expect a ACOG sight that was calibrated and got reticle marks for 5.56 ballistics to work on 7.62 rifle

acog is not a target scope .. for instance take a look at the schmidt and bender pm2 scope you find your point of impact dial it in .. unscrew the turret .. return the dials to 0 , screw the turret back and presto your zeroed ... all it takes is one allen key

+ look up AXMC mc as in multicaliber

as for mar 10 additional testing

1700 m zero .. poi 3 mils above center.. range 1761 m

1500 m zero .. poi 3 mils above center .. range 1499 m

1400 m zero .. poi 1.1 mils above center .. range 1499 m

1300 m zero .. poi 1.1 mils below center .. range 1499 m

1200 m zero .. poi 0.2 mils below center .. range 1356 m

Edited by Razor6014

I wish they added an advance scope option, thus you adjust in mils in the vertical and horizontal planes and not meters like we have now. Would make sniping I think a lot better, since it would be a more accurate way to adjust for range and also being able to adjust in the horizontal would be good for moving targets any mods that add things like wind.

I wish they added an advance scope option, thus you adjust in mils in the vertical and horizontal planes and not meters like we have now. Would make sniping I think a lot better, since it would be a more accurate way to adjust for range and also being able to adjust in the horizontal would be good for moving targets any mods that add things like wind.

Devs think it's too complicated for average player. This has been added by several mods though. Check out Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics if you haven't done so yet.

Devs think it's too complicated for average player. This has been added by several mods though. Check out Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics if you haven't done so yet.

Considering the route they took for advanced flight model ... possible .. i mean granted you still need a piece of paper to aim past 700 m for the new rifles

but come on shooting 1500m with a rifle zeroed for 1300 is silly

As said - ARCO scope static zeroing works with new rifles and its correct. Hit a 500m target with 500m marking and couldn't change the rifle zeroing.

When using AMS I could change zeroing and scope was useless, since all new rifles are minimum-zeroed at 300m. Khalia scope uses mil-dot system if I'm correct, so this doesnt apply.

1700 m zero .. poi 3 mils above center.. range 1761 m

1500 m zero .. poi 3 mils above center .. range 1499 m

Are you fitting a suppressor?

Are you fitting a suppressor?

yup but i doubt it should shift poi by 5.2 meters (1761 m x 3 mils / 1000)

Suppressor increases muzzle velocity. The increase isn't taken into account when the game does the zeroing calculations so it creates a POI shift.

Retested without suppressor

1700 m zero .. poi 1.5 -- 1.6 mills below .. range 1761 m

1700 m zero .. poi 0.1 mills below .. range 1711 m

1300 m zero .. poi 0.2 mills below .. range 1316 m

1500 m zero .. poi 0.1 mills above .. range 1493 m

still surprised at the difference with the suppressor 5.2 meters of shift is ,,, scratch that so it was 1.5 mills below on the 1761 target without and 3 mills above with so a total of 4.5 mills at that range account for a poi shift of 1761 * 4.5 / 1000 = 7.9 m .. :eek:

Edited by Razor6014

btw, don't know if it's a known fact, but you can use the new weapons and stuff without having bought the DLC through scripting. the game detects it, though, and draws watermarks on the screen from time to time, which leads me to believe it assumes I've pirated the DLC. will it be fixed? I don't even want to see them in my virtual arsenal in that case

btw, don't know if it's a known fact, but you can use the new weapons and stuff without having bought the DLC through scripting. the game detects it, though, and draws watermarks on the screen from time to time, which leads me to believe it assumes I've pirated the DLC. will it be fixed? I don't even want to see them in my virtual arsenal in that case

This is intended. It's how the Helicopters DLC worked. Those watermarks are there to provide you incentive to buy the DLC, but still let you use them if you are forced to by the mission. The more you use it, the more intense those watermarks become. You can also try them out in the Arsenal, watermark free.

Those watermarks are there to provide you incentive to buy the DLC, but still let you use them if you are forced to by the mission.

gotcha

Bought this DLC and waited anxiously for its release. Last night I gear up with an MX200 and lay down on flat ground hoping to be wowed by the resting feature. No noticeable difference gun is as inaccurate now as it ever was. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bleemus: Then you are not doing it correctly, because there's a huge difference. Put a bipod on that thing and deploy it. Maybe then you will get the effect you were expecting. And by the way, there is no weapon named MX200. Just shows how little you know about the game and how much your feedback is worth. Don't take it personally.

Bought this DLC and waited anxiously for its release. Last night I gear up with an MX200 and lay down on flat ground hoping to be wowed by the resting feature. No noticeable difference gun is as inaccurate now as it ever was. Sigh.

The DLC has nothing to do with the deployment its a feature and its free...

Gear up the machine gun, attach some bipod, a 4x scope, lay down on prone and activate the deployment. And you will see differences.

You got me in the update process, but thanks a lot for asking, the page should be up to date with data now, pictures are inbounce :icon_twisted:

Alright, thank you very much :)

You can also search the config view for the classnames, or go into the Arsenal and export the loadout script for every weapons (tedious).

Yeah, thank you too, but it's alright the update on the wiki is done :)

So, you guys are talking about the scopes... does anyone knows why all the scopes have been 'nerfed'?

ARCO / RCO Went from 10x to 2x

LPRS From 25x-75x to 5x-25x

DMS from 25x to 5x I think

Any reason for this?