Sign in to follow this  
enex

Exclusive First look stream FAQ

arma3_marksmen_livestream_zps4cccjuan.jpg

As we know twitch chat has a lots of people from many winds who are asking lots of

questions that may be answered already.It was my intent to have ability to offer explanation

as this FAQ for many answered questions that may arise in chat and ability to quickly link this.

What is Marksmen DLC?

It offers seven new DLC weapons (5 rifles, 2 Machineguns)

ASP1-Kir Link to image CSAT faction weapon

MK1-EMR Link to image NATO faction weapon

MAR-10 Link to image CTRG faction weapon

Cyrus** Link to image CSAT faction

SPMG Link to image NATO faction

Navid Link to image CSAT faction

Mk14 Link to image FIA faction weapon

**uses 9.3x64 mm rounds (i.e., not the calibre specified under the round itself), Same goes for Mar-10

Link to source

2 new optics one for CSAT and one for NATO (kahklia and AMS)

Ghili suits

Additionally it contains Virtual Garage (ability to test all vehicles/weapons whether you own them or not, ability to test damage handling), weapon resting,

bipods, improved simulation of recoil and suppression, and various enhancements to sound (attenuation and sound tails), Showcase, Endgame MP-game mode.

What if I don't own DLC can I use new guns?

You may try them in Arsenal, but not in Multiplayer sessions.Also called Premium content.(must buy to play with)

Does that mean that Bipods, weapon resting, enhancements to sounds,

improved recoil and suppression are under pay wall?

No they are free.

Will be available to anyone who owns arma 3.Also called Platform content.

If I don't own Marksmen DLC can I play with someone who does?

Yes you can.This is to ensure no player base split.

Source

Why no bolt-action rifles?

"In short, we ran into some roadblocks related to, fundamentally, how we simulate weapons. We determined that the resources needed to change this were vastly disproportionate to the potential benefits. Instead, we chose to focus upon other features, which we feel can improve infantry combat more broadly."

Source

How does suppression work?

It has effect on AI.It detects bullets impacting / flying around units.If an area is under heavy fire, the AI will now prefer (in direct contradiction to the Kenny Loggins school of thought) to plan around such danger zones.This information is now mapped to the behaviour of a unit reacting to threats. The next step will be to connect this to penalties in AI aiming accuracy. Although we're at an early stage, we can say that our goal is to improve the experience of firefights by refining their lethality and promoting / rewarding the use of legitimate tactics / maneuvers. However, making changes to core mechanics is not without risk. If we're not satisfied with the results, this work may yet not make it into Marksmen DLC.

Source

Release date?

Exact date is unknown, hinted at April.

Source (past 1:12:00)

Any additional frequently asked questions would be highly appreciated along with answer

that we know for sure.

Edited by enex

So is the suppression for AI? Or are they just saying how our screen looks under fire will change?

So is the suppression for AI? Or are they just saying how our screen looks under fire will change?

It's for the AI.

Does that mean that Bipods, weapon resting, enhancements to sounds,

improved recoil and suppression are under pay wall?

Those features are part of platform updates and will be available to

anyone who owns arma 3.

You might wanna add "In short: No they're free" for the Einsteins that we can run into on the web ;)

You might wanna add "In short: No they're free" for the Einsteins that we can run into on the web ;)

You're right.