Sign in to follow this  
fn_Quiksilver

[RELEASE] Modified Fatigue System

EDIT: SINCE INTRODUCTION OF NEW STAMINA SYSTEM IN 1.54, THIS MOD WILL HAVE UNKNOWN EFFECTS. CONSIDER IT OBSOLETE!

Modified Fatigue System

by Quiksilver
v1.0.0 (28/02/2015)

DOWNLOAD (armaholic)

Brief Description:

This script modifies the default ArmA 3 Fatigue system, cutting by 300% with default configuration.

Effectively, in normal conditions a soldier can run 3x longer before becoming ineffective due to fatigue.

Many server admins and scenario designers simply disable fatigue due to it having a detrimental effect on their server population or scenario popularity. I believe fatigue provides a good gameplay dynamic, although I think the default fatigue value needs some level of configurability to address this issue.

In the meantime, this system will take incoming fatigue to the player and modify it to more agreeable level.

Features:

• 2-3x more stamina on average, depending on what you are doing and how heavy your gear is.
  • Lightly-equipped soldiers can run for a very long time.
  • Special forces and recon soldiers have even higher stamina.
  • Officers and pilots have worse (default) stamina.
  • Players can stumble and fall over if they are very very fatigued. Be careful, this can take some time to wear off! Manage your fatigue to prevent overexertion.
  • Config options.
  • Secure.
  • Easy to implement.
  • MP friendly.

Future development:

- Small GUI display or layer, whereby player can see roughly what their accumulated fatigue is.
- Use of private variables
- Potential release as addon.

Instructions:

Extract and Copy the file to your scenario main directory (contains other files such as description.ext, mission.sqm).

Create a file called 'initPlayerLocal.sqf' in the same directory, if you do not have it already.

In 'initPlayerLocal.sqf', paste the following line:

[] execVM 'QS_Fatigue.sqf';

Credit:

Credit to zooloo75 for the 'stumble' mechanics inspired by: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179307-Ragdoll-d

Comments:

I personally use the default fatigue and don't mind it. But, most servers and scenarios DO disable fatigue at the moment, so while I do not use this code personally, I think it will be useful for the communities which want some fatigue but not too much. On my server, I have this as an optional opt-out system. Players spawn with it as default, but can disable and run with default fatigue should they wish to. No they can't choose to disable fatigue entirely! ;)

Download:

DOWNLOAD (armaholic)

Edited by mdcclxxvi

Thank you very much for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you, I've been waiting for this for a while. My community isn't super realistic, but we don't fancy ourselves a bunch of virtual Ironmen either. This script meets our needs perfectly. However, I think it would be much easier for communities such as mine, as well as people playing the campaign, to use this script if it were in an addon version. Have you any intent of developing such a mod?

Fairly simple, and likely other communities will suffer this issue. My group has accumulated a good fifty or so missions, and we'd have to go back and edit each one. I don't want to embark on that if you're going to release an addon version, but if not, thanks for the script anyway. An addon would also make it much easier to tweak values and have consistency across mission libraries, or remove the script should BIS modify the default system again. Other than that, the only thing I could think of is that you can't use the script in the campaign.

Was looking for something like this that works in MP and still kept some fatigue.

We think the default BIS fatigue is WAY too harsh. You seemed to get way too

tired way too fast, even with little to no gear. We don't want to be superhuman but

just dial it back some. Looks like you got a good compromise here...

Tried this out last night in MP, and it seemed to work great. Thanks! Good job man!

Does this still work?

It should work fine (1.52).

I've been meaning to update it, but the difference would be negligible. There is low-key fatigue indicator in the next version, however see next line as to why it will likely not be published.

Keep in mind this script may not work as intended after next A3 update (1.54), due to significant changes to the A3 Fatigue System.